Early favourites

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Early favourites

Postby SackThe_Back » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:57 pm

Who y'all got this year?

I think First Baptist will run away in 3A, not too sure about the others.

8 man seems wide open, but I think PCA will have a good shot if they return Davon Stucky.
Never be diffrent unless diffrent is much, much better.
SackThe_Back
Freshman

Re: Early favourites

Postby KSML » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:52 am

Richard Winn will do well in 8 man because they have more players. Why they did not move to 11man is suspicious.
KSML
Freshman

Postby J1871 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:28 pm

[quote=“SackThe_Back”]Who y’all got this year?

I think First Baptist will run away in 3A, not too sure about the others.

8 man seems wide open, but I think PCA will have a good shot if they return Davon Stucky.[/quote]
Davon transferred out at Christmas. Won't be back.
J1871
Varsity

Postby tb66 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:08 am

First Baptist is definitely one of the favorites in 3A, but I doubt they will run away with it. Hammond, Porter-Gaud and Laurence Manning should all field very strong teams, and Ben Lippen should also be good.
tb66
JV

Postby docgibbons » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:16 pm

[quote=“KSML”]Richard Winn will do well in 8 man because they have more players. Why they did not move to 11man is suspicious.[/quote]

RWA has alot of players because they have a large percentage participation - practically every boy in the 10th grade is playing this year. They are still well under the cut-off for number of boys 8-12 grade to qualify for 8-man
docgibbons
All-American

Re: Early Favorites

Postby FCS Sports Fan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:14 pm

With the departure of FB to AAA and St Andrew’s going back to GISA, obviously Trinity-Byrnes is the team to beat in AA. I think we’ll be in the mix for the first time in a couple of years, as will Orangeburg Prep and maybe JP II in region 2.
My expressed opinions in no way reflect the official position of Florence Christian School, it's staff, or it's administration.
FCS Sports Fan
Varsity

Postby SackThe_Back » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:56 pm

Here's the SCISA teams in the Sertoma Classic in Charleston. Should know a lot about the teams after this.

On Thursday, Northwood Academy plays Charleston M&S (Class A).

Friday, First Baptist plays Baptist Hill (A), Pinewood Prep plays Militaty Magnet (A) and Porter Gaud plays Bishop England (AAA) [All SCISA schools play SCHSL teams]. Palmetto Christian was cut in favour of Trinity-Byrnes Collegiate, who plays Garrett Tech (A)
Never be diffrent unless diffrent is much, much better.
SackThe_Back
Freshman

Return to SCISA