[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Palmetto Football Talk | View topic - Business as usual at Gaffney

Business as usual at Gaffney

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Business as usual at Gaffney

Postby FireWater » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:47 pm

After what I saw in the paper this week it looks like its going to be more of the same for Gaffney. We've got a crop of big time talent coming through the program now and I guess the current staff is going to ride on their backs for the next couple of years. If we had better play calling and clock management Gaffney would be in Columbia right today playing for number 18.

Can't say as I blame the HC for sticking around. Heck I would to. Make a pretty good bit of money and have a slew of athletes to cover up poor coaching...sounds like a sweet gig to me.

With proper preparation, coaching and discipline this bunch should win at least 2 state titles in the next 4 years but sadly. Sadly I just don't see that happening with current leadership.
FireWater
Freshman

Re: Business as usual at Gaffney

Postby BYRNES#1 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:55 pm

17 ;)
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Postby FireWater » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:09 pm

[“BYRNES#1”]17 ;)

That has nothing to do with my post but if you must. We have been awarded 17 trophies. There are 17 in the case which include the one from 1961. Anyone is welcome to drop by and count them. Someday the official books will correct that error but until then I’m just going to say we have 17 as of this day and anyone that can’t accept that can just go fly a kite.

That said, we would be playing for NUMBER 18 right now if we had come coaching.
FireWater
Freshman

Postby jalan488 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:13 pm

I believe you are correct.

I said until changes were made that I would not give them anymore of my money and I haven’t. As much as it killed me I didn’t set foot in the Reservation this season to see the Indians nor did I contribute any money to the booster club. I did go to every away game but made sure not to give money to a program that is short changing the kids.

I was hoping to get my season tickets back but guess I’ll sit out next season to. Don’t waste your breath saying I’m not supporting the kids by not going because you’re wrong. I will not give one dime of my money to a program that does not demand the very best from the players and staff. Yes they made a good run late in the season and they did that in spite of the way they were prepared.
jalan488
JV

Postby notabyrnesfan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:22 pm

the teri program is gone, jones would lose thousands in retirement money and work at a base salary if he stays. word is he is trying to wait until spring practice or later to announce his retirement so they have to have an interim coach next season. hopefully the superintendent sniffs this dirty move out in time to get gaffney a quality coach.
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Postby 1CANNON » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:16 pm

[quote=“BYRNES#1”]17 ;)[/quote]

For you, it don't matter. Your team won't catch up. ;)
#titletown 8-)
1CANNON
All-American

Postby VlCTORY6 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:39 pm

You got it Byrmes#1. They shouldn’t even have that many. Goofey fans keep on disrespecting your team and the Viking will keep winning and laughing at you.
VlCTORY6
Freshman

Postby Victory6 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:01 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll:
His signature color is wrong!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Victory6
All-American

Postby VlCTORY6 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:12 pm

i need to take my medicine, both of me trying to post at the same time. Get back in me bad me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
VlCTORY6
Freshman

Postby Victory6 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:44 pm

Gaffney is stock with the worse coaching staff and fans in the state, don't you agree FAKE VlCTORY6??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Victory6
All-American

Next

Return to Class 5A