Abbeville vs Bamberg-Ehrhardt 2017 State Championship

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Re: Abbeville vs Bamberg-Ehrhardt 2017 State Championship

Postby Tha Godfodder » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:20 am

It doesn’t matter what “People” think. Numbers don’t lie. 42-3-1 is the record through the 3 straight AA State Championships. Abbeville hasn’t lost to a 2A team since 2014. 15 straight playoff wins. Tied with Dillon for 2nd place in most playoff wins in the HISTORY of SC high school football. 5 State Championships in 7 years. Don’t get me wrong. B-E was a formidable opponent. But don’t get it twisted. Abbeville is ELITE. They are in the midst of a DYNASTY. B-E has 2 State titles. The last of which none of your players were even born. All the headlines talked about the B-E defense. They were good. But Abbeville’s defense only gave up 89 total yards tonight, and pitched a **** I know it hurts to lose, but denying who THE team in 2A is, is lunacy.
Tha Godfodder
Freshman

Postby Tha Godfodder » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:21 am

not sure why it blanked out the word shutout
Tha Godfodder
Freshman

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:25 am

All We Do Is Win wrote:Billy if Abbeville and Dillon played this year who do you think would get the win?

if i had to bet $10 i would bet it on dillon.........but, i wouldn't count my money until the game was over.......
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:33 am

Garnet&Black wrote:There come back was impressive...If I am not mistaken we was only upby 7 points with almost 9 minutes to play. So how that comeback so impressive to a come back on a team they where predicted to defeat by at least 3tds? The kid tried to be hero an return the ball instead of just falling to the ground. That happens it would have overtime anyone's game. Call it what ever you want but that was the difference. We had our shot twice to score early but the pass was overthrown to a wide open receiver. The other poor play calling at the 1 yard line. Congrats to the Panthers but they are not as dominate as "People" think they are over the 2a elite team's.

aville controlled the 4th quarter.........B-E had its first offensive possession of the 4th quarter with just 3 1/2 minutes left in the game........when B-E scored and went up by 7, aville responded like a true champion.......they put it in gear and won the game......very impressive response to that situation by aville........that big #68 for aville shut down the goal line.......how big is he ??/........2 big plays from him.........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby AHS50 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:39 am

I've been told that #68 is 6'2" 365 lbs.
AHS50
Freshman

Postby atown fan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:38 am

STATE CHAMPIONS again.3 peat, impressive.
atown fan
Varsity

Postby streamline » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:31 am

Congrats to Abbeville hats off to them. Also hats off to Bamberg-Ehrhardt. Bamberg’s Defense was outstanding but their offense was not that great. As much as I wanted B-E to win it didn’t happen. Abbeville has a Dynasty going. There last 3 games have been extremely competitive winning by 7,5,7 over Cheraw, Saluda, and Bamberg-Ehrhardt. They always find a way to win, that defines a Champion. Great game.

My Top 10 2017 post season rankings
Abbeville
Bamberg-Ehrhardt
Saluda
Lee Central
Cheraw
Carvers Bay
Barnwell
Southside Christian
Batesburg-Leesville
Central
streamline
Freshman

Postby Truefan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:35 am

streamline wrote:My Top 10 2017 post season rankings
Abbeville
Bamberg-Ehrhardt
Saluda
Lee Central
Cheraw
Carvers Bay
Barnwell
Southside Christian
Batesburg-Leesville
Central

Very good. But 8 - 10 are questionable
"The point of the game is not how well the individual does but whether the team wins.It's the feeling of teamwork that you'll remember. You'll forget the plays, the hits, and the scores, but you'll never forget your teammates"
Truefan
Varsity

Postby Panther51 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:03 am

B-E was by far, the best defense Abbeville faced all year. Those two linebackers are fast. They are the only team this year that matched Abbeville’s speed. The difference in the he game was 22 - 13. Abbeville has 22 starters B-E has about 13. Hard to have that many players going both ways and be able to trade blows in the championship rounds. You could see the fatigue setting in around mid way of 3rd quarter. The punt return was not enough of an adrenaline boost to overcome it. B-E was an awesome team but if they played Abbeville 10 times, Abbeville would win at least 9 of them
Panther51
JV

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:13 am

[quote=“Panther51”]B-E was by far, the best defense Abbeville faced all year. Those two linebackers are fast. They are the only team this year that matched Abbeville’s speed. The difference in the he game was 22 - 13. Abbeville has 22 starters B-E has about 13. Hard to have that many players going both ways and be able to trade blows in the championship rounds. You could see the fatigue setting in around mid way of 3rd quarter. The punt return was not enough of an adrenaline boost to overcome it. B-E was an awesome team but if they played Abbeville 10 times, Abbeville would win at least 9 of them[/quote]

exactly what i saw too..........BE was FAST on defense.........those db's were fast as lightning.........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 2A