Saluda @ Abbeville (2A Upper State Championship)

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Re: Saluda @ Abbeville (2A Upper State Championship)

Postby *Topcat* » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:59 pm

SaludaTigerAlumni wrote:
*Topcat* wrote:Figuring out the A-bone and stopping it are two different deals. Seems I recall 4 years ago going to Saluda in a first round playoff game with a 3-7 Abbeville team in a down year and beating you on your field. You definitely knew what we were going to do that night.....cause all we ran all night was the wishbone with 2 tight ends! Left and right....still won. A-bone is a different machine now....very little wishbone, thankfully. At full or close to full strength we can toss it around too. We had 28 in the game last year but for an absolute bogus holding call....yes it was bogus. Fortunately 21 was enough.

Well no one on that team is still playing, so that's irrelevant. The players who will be on the field Friday made a big jump in defending the A-Bone from 2015 to 16. Don't expect that to change Friday. Especially if Jackson is out. There were plenty of bad calls on our end last year too, including the refs blowing the whistle wayyyyy to early on what should have a been a fumble deep in A-Town territory.

I'm just defending my squad here, I know Abbeville is the favorite and has been all year but I don't think it is fair for you or anyone else to discredit the success Saluda has had the last 3 years and just assume y'all are gonna roll through us. You can bet your rearend this is going to be a battle.

I don't believe that I discredited Saluda. IMO....Saluda does not have a defense as talented, big, and athletic as Cheraw. I still believe that....I also still believe that Saluda has a better offense than Cheraw. What's the prob?
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby streamline » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:27 am

Abbeville is the man ... so I see why you can feel a little arrogance in TOp Cats posts ... his team had earned the right for him to be arrogant, Saluda needs to beat Abbeville as they say to be the man you have to beat the man !! Saluda will get a reminder of that during warms up on Friday night when that Ric Flair comes on :lol: !!! I believe they will finally get over the hump 3rd times a charm. If anyone can break the 3 peat it will be Saluda. Saluda by 3.
streamline
Freshman

Postby Tha Godfodder » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:31 am

If figuring out the A-Bone was so easy, why hasn't anyone else done it yet? 5 Upperstate Championship game appearances in 7 years. 4 State Titles since 2010. I'm sure there are some smart coaches out there that have the schematics figured out, but you can't coach SPEED, SPEED and more SPEED. You can't replicate the A-Bone in practice. You can't replicate getting smashed in the face for 48 minutes. If Saluda's Defense can beat Abbeville to the edge all night... Then kudos, you deserve to win and you will have done something nobody else has been able to do yet in 3 years... If not, it'll be a long night.
Tha Godfodder
Freshman

Postby Total Dominance » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:14 am

It all comes down to Jimmys and Joes. If Saluda has more, their chance of beating Abbeville goes up. If not, the Tigers will join a long list of teams that have come up short against the Panthers. Call it arrogance, call it what you want. But, I would be totally shocked if Saluda is able to out-athlete Abbeville... and, A-Town is banged up beyond description!
Last edited by Total Dominance on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

9 state championships (’71, ’81, ’91, ’96, ’10, ’11, ’15, ’16, ’17)
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby flying eagle » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:52 pm

Good luck to both teams
flying eagle
All-American

Postby FORTD2K » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:09 pm

I don't have a dog in the fight, but be careful panther fans of having an unbeatable way of thinking. I remember how panther fans say how they was gonna blow bishop england out and look how that turned out, or even dillon vs Chapman last year. On paper abbeville clearly should win but that why you play the game.
FORTD2K
Freshman

Postby mcclinton1952 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:56 pm

Little over 24 hours. Let’s go PANTHERS!!
mcclinton1952
Freshman

Postby 96fanatic » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:38 am

[quote=“mcclinton1952”]Little over 24 hours. Let’s go PANTHERS!![/quote]

little less than 9 hrs. GO GET'EM TIGERS!
96fanatic
All-American

Postby Total Dominance » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:17 pm

Same old Saluda, "SaludaTigerAlumni".

and counting...

Total Dominance
All-American

Postby Total Dominance » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:19 pm

[quote=“96fanatic”][quote=“mcclinton1952”]Little over 24 hours. Let’s go PANTHERS!![/quote]

little less than 9 hrs. GO GET’EM TIGERS![/quote]
I can’t say I blame you, “fanatic”. If I was a Ninety Six fan, I would hate Abbeville, too.

and counting...

Total Dominance
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Class 2A