Abbeville versus Barnwell prediction

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Re: Abbeville versus Barnwell prediction

Postby *Topcat* » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:43 am

[quote=“docgibbons”][quote=“Total Dominance”]Doodle’s is a crock, plain and simple! .[/quote]

except that he’s 80% correct on picks. you’d make money betting on his predictions[/quote]
Picking winners and losers in high school football is pretty easy....it's some of those point differences that are off.
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby Dillon Wildcat Fan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:33 pm

Good luck to both teams!!! I'm going to watch this game online after the Dillon game.
Dillon Wildcat Fan
Varsity

Postby *Topcat* » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:13 am

So finally we get Abbeville vs Barnwell. This game is a long time in the making. With the strong tradition of these teams that goes so far back, it’s amazing we haven’t met before. It was supposed to happen back in 1998. Abbeville and Barnwell were on a collision course that year for sure, regrettably we both had an off Friday and lost to lesser teams. We lost to Pageland and Barnwell lost to B-L. There was no question these two were the best in the state that year, by far, but upsets do happen. That was the year Emerald beat B-L in the state...Abbeville had beaten Emerald by 4 TDs and B-L by 6 TDs in regular season. So yes upsets do happen. This time around there were no upsets and the two best will meet Friday night. No predictions other than i’m expecting a hard fought game, I always have confidence that Atown will get it done. Have always wanted to play Barnwell so here we go.
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby Truefan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:39 pm

we both had an off Friday and lost to lesser teams. We lost to Pageland

Dude back in 1998 your best night would not have taken down the Eagles of Pageland. Do not let your current run in single A confuse the powerhouse that was once Pageland.....An off night.....Lesser team...BAH
"The point of the game is not how well the individual does but whether the team wins.It's the feeling of teamwork that you'll remember. You'll forget the plays, the hits, and the scores, but you'll never forget your teammates"
Truefan
Varsity

Postby 1fan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:22 pm

[quote=“Truefan”]we both had an off Friday and lost to lesser teams. We lost to Pageland

Dude back in 1998 your best night would not have taken down the Eagles of Pageland. Do not let your current run in single A confuse the powerhouse that was once Pageland.....An off night.....Lesser team...BAH[/quote]

i agree. Abbeville is 3-7 all time against Central including the win this year.
1fan
Freshman

Postby 1fan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:25 pm

[quote=“1fan”][quote=“Truefan”]we both had an off Friday and lost to lesser teams. We lost to Pageland

Dude back in 1998 your best night would not have taken down the Eagles of Pageland. Do not let your current run in single A confuse the powerhouse that was once Pageland.....An off night.....Lesser team...BAH[/quote]

i agree. Abbeville is 3-7 all time against Central including the win this year.i do think the Panthers will beat Barnwell in a battle for 4 quarters.
1fan
Freshman

Postby ahspanther07 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:19 pm

[quote=“Truefan”]we both had an off Friday and lost to lesser teams. We lost to Pageland

Best night? Lol had to go for 2 to beat us. Explain just how that powerhouse lost to emerald who was not good at all that year
ahspanther07
Freshman

Postby *Topcat* » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:53 am

Exactly we beat Pageland up so bad physically they had nothing for a mediocre Emerald team the very next week. At home.
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby *Topcat* » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:58 am

Single A??? Perhaps you are the confused one....seems so. I know my history dude, I’m well aware of the record between these two, but I can assure you in 1998 Pageland was not better. Period. And by the way....where have the Eagles been lately? Oh yea....saw them a couple of weeks ago.
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby sportguy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:05 am

I like Barnwell 24-20 :lol:
sportguy
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 2A