Barnwell 32 Timberland 6

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Barnwell 32 Timberland 6

Postby Galloping Horse » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:34 am

ENOUGH said!!!
Galloping Horse
Freshman

Re: Barnwell 32 Timberland 6

Postby *Topcat* » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:16 am

Impressive. Congrats on the win.
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby FORTD2K » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:54 am

I was there. Didnt have a dog in the fight but timberland got whipped in the trenches on both sides and that barnwell qb is the truth. He was on the money. He can throw the wr open. Also timberland seem slow in the secondary. To touch on the wolves line, the o-line seem lazy. Lots of standing around, no push not even pass block. #4. Was small but very quick. #17 got hurt and it seem to take the wind out of the wolves sails. As for barnwell they are well coached and disciplined. They also seem classy too. They did bring a nice crowd. Had the visitor stands more than half full. Also i enjoyed Timberland band too.
FORTD2K
Freshman

Postby Galloping Horse » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:30 am

FORTD2K thanks for the honest evaluation, as I told the guys in advance that Barnwell was the better team. Also, we have a tremendous crowd no matter where we travel, lower state will be standing room only. As for class, we take pride in the image of Barnwell county, our announcer will NEVER be bias as the Timberland announcer did. Also, I agree that #4 is an outstanding player.
Galloping Horse
Freshman

Postby FORTD2K » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:00 pm

Ive been to barnwell a few times and they do have friendly people there. Timberland just not the same as years past. Now carvers bay gonna be a much different animal. Plus they are playing for their coach who is retiring. May go to this game. But may watch dutch fork destroy our cheating rivals summerville
FORTD2K
Freshman

Postby Galloping Horse » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:56 pm

FORTD2K I take you are Stag fan? That must have been a great battle with your rival Summerville, two storied programs for sure. I attend the Dutch Fork vs Mallard Creek game that was cancel the 1st week of season, last time I checked Mallard Creek hadn't lost either, what a great game that would have been. I don't think you have to worry about your rival pulling off the up-set against Dutch Fork next week.

I agree concerning Carvers Bay, I saw them a few weeks ago against Mullins. They have a great talent in their QB Sumpter and King is an outstanding running back. Barnwell will have to be on their A game and must stay discipline to continue to advance. Should be a great game!
Galloping Horse
Freshman

Postby FORTD2K » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:38 pm

Naw im fort dorchester all day. Summerville is known to cheat at home especially when mckissick was coaching
FORTD2K
Freshman

Postby FORTD2K » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:43 pm

Barnwell seem solid up front. The secondary did.had a few people open especially in the middle of the field. But timberland couldn't throw. CB can do both. Its gonna be war. The winner gets abbeville. They are good. Gotta be physical and fast to beat them.
FORTD2K
Freshman

Postby Galloping Horse » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:53 am

My nephew step-son played on that great Fort Dorchester team that won the state championship two seasons ago, boy were they loaded with talent. I have nothing bad to say concerning Mckissick, the man is or was a legend, not sure if he is still alive.

As for Carvers Bay, we expect for it to be tough, this is Barnwell’s 3rd straight year playing in the lower state championship. This team was assembled from the learning experience of the last two teams, which couldn’t pass. This game will come down to which team defense can slow the other offense. As for Abbeville, they aren’t in view yet we got to get pass a great Carvers Bay team before we can think about Abbeville.
Galloping Horse
Freshman

Postby FORTD2K » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:53 pm

Fort is always loaded. Last year when we had dakereon Joyner, it was some home cooking vs dutch fork. We beat rhem earlier in the year. This year we were loaded too. Cocky attitudes and poor playcalling did us in
FORTD2K
Freshman

Return to Class 2A