North Central @ Abbeville

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Re: North Central @ Abbeville

Postby Galloping Horse » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:34 pm

You are on spot Topcat, having that focus to constantly improve, that’s why ATown is the dynasty they are. I catch at least 2 of y’all’s games each year, I totally admire the product that y’all produce, what a great tradition. I’ve always wanted to see an ATown Barnwell matchup, it just sounds intriguing to me. As I always tell these guys, there is a lot of football to be played and anyone can lose on a giving night but I’m pulling for an ATown vs Barnwell championship.

What’s the word on Central, they’ve been quiet the past few years. How you feeling about the matchup?
Galloping Horse
Freshman

Postby *Topcat* » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:13 am

I only know what their schedule and record look like. Looks like they have struggled but are playing some good ball right now. Their two playoff wins are over weak teams in Landrum and B-L...but they did record shutouts so that's impressive enough. It's 3rd round though so it's time to turn it up.
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby vernman » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:22 am

[quote=”*Topcat*”][quote=“Galloping Horse”]Yeah Topcat that’s exactly what Barnwell had to do, implement short passes, slants, screens, tightend, and we even throw to the running backs, it certainly makes defenses play honest. We certainly lost a chance to play in the championship in 2016 when B-L jam the box and we didn’t have quite the firepower ATown has and they pulled off the upset. Yawl has been consistent in blowing teams out so it’s understandable for them to have a flat game, it happens at some point to most great teams. Honestly, I see no worries for you all. They will go back to the drawing board and continue their march. Good luck and hope to see you in the championship.[/quote]
Exactly GH.....making a defense play honest, play the whole field is what I’m talking about. Teams stack the box on us all the time, I would too. Not boasting, but, to be honest, most of the time we are going to win the game anyway because we are just the more talented team....we have play makers and a good O-line, solid D. But I do believe in taking what the D is giving you. If they are going to gamble on a stacked box, you should make them pay the price...or at least attempt to. Just my opinion. As an Atown fan, believe me, I am a happy fan these days, just always trying to get a little better is my thinking. Good luck to Barnwell, would really like to play the Warhorses.[/quote]
I think A-town will always run the ball,no matter who they play It has been their bread and butter for many years but, they can and will pass if it becomes needed. they have lots of weapons that we have not seen this year!
vernman
Freshman

Postby vernman » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:02 am

I too would like to see an Abbeville vs Barnwell championship in Columbia, I have not had the pleasure of seeing the barnwell team play over the years of being a panther fan. So good luck and see you in Columbia ,I hope!
vernman
Freshman

Postby Galloping Horse » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:21 pm

Hopefully they both make and we can all see that great match-up!

Question, what colleges looking at that great running back ( #2 Courtney Jackson) you all have up there?
Galloping Horse
Freshman

Postby Tha Godfodder » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:44 am

Jackson wants to go to South Carolina, they are recruiting him hard. But he'll have to go the JUCO route. Nate Temple Abbeville DE, Shrine Bowl selection decommitted from Mid Tenn St yesterday and committed to Pitt. Heard GT has a big interest in a couple of Abbeville's guys too. Wofford is in the mix on a couple guys. This might be the biggest college class ever at Abbeville.
Tha Godfodder
Freshman

Previous

Return to Class 2A