North Central @ Abbeville

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

North Central @ Abbeville

Postby Total Dominance » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:35 am

These two schools have never squared off on the gridiron. Any comments, thoughts or predictions are welcomed.

10 state championships (’71, ’81, ’91, ’96, ’10, ’11, ’15, ’16, ’17, '18)
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Re: North Central @ Abbeville

Postby Truefan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:42 pm

N/C has for years had a good set of athletes. In my opinion N/C lacked some serious coaching dedicated for that particular type of athlete. They now have that. Both offense and defense now compliments each other, and the athletes are playing with a purpose. Yea! Too bad their season ends Friday night.
"The point of the game is not how well the individual does but whether the team wins.It's the feeling of teamwork that you'll remember. You'll forget the plays, the hits, and the scores, but you'll never forget your teammates"
Truefan
Varsity

Postby 96fanatic » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:02 pm

they are 8-3
average 31 points a game on offense
give up 19 a game on defense.great season.
ABBEVILLE by a bunch.GO GET'EM PANTHERS!
96fanatic
All-American

Postby Blacknasty95 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:00 pm

Abbeville will win easily. Lamar beat them with ease playing a lot of backups. They got talent but their coaching is horrible. It will be over by halftime.
Blacknasty95
Freshman

Postby *Topcat* » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:39 am

I just hope we can get some decent practice in with all this nasty weather.
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby PMK47 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:19 pm

We (Buford) beat North Central last game of the year for our region championship game. Buford won 21-0.

North Central has a good set of players, the Haven (i think i spelled that right.) Brothers are pretty dang good.
PMK47
Freshman

Postby *Topcat* » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:39 am

A very flat performance from Atown in this one. Not totally unexpected since practice time was likely very limited since it rained literally all week until Friday. It’s a win...we move on. We started strong but ran into trouble when NC started jamming the box with 9. I wish we would implement some short passing, slants, tight end over middle, screens, or something to counter 9 in the box. Our D played well....basically shut them down. On a night when offense was struggling, a shut out would have been a plus IMO. We could have shut them out and with score only 24-0 I believe it would have been appropriate to just go ahead and get the shut out. NC scored on mostly subs with a few seconds left.
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby Galloping Horse » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:42 am

Yeah Topcat that’s exactly what Barnwell had to do, implement short passes, slants, screens, tightend, and we even throw to the running backs, it certainly makes defenses play honest. We certainly lost a chance to play in the championship in 2016 when B-L jam the box and we didn’t have quite the firepower ATown has and they pulled off the upset. Yawl has been consistent in blowing teams out so it’s understandable for them to have a flat game, it happens at some point to most great teams. Honestly, I see no worries for you all. They will go back to the drawing board and continue their march. Good luck and hope to see you in the championship.
Galloping Horse
Freshman

Postby 96fanatic » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:02 am

congrats to the PANTHERS.
96fanatic
All-American

Postby *Topcat* » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:27 pm

[quote=“Galloping Horse”]Yeah Topcat that’s exactly what Barnwell had to do, implement short passes, slants, screens, tightend, and we even throw to the running backs, it certainly makes defenses play honest. We certainly lost a chance to play in the championship in 2016 when B-L jam the box and we didn’t have quite the firepower ATown has and they pulled off the upset. Yawl has been consistent in blowing teams out so it’s understandable for them to have a flat game, it happens at some point to most great teams. Honestly, I see no worries for you all. They will go back to the drawing board and continue their march. Good luck and hope to see you in the championship.[/quote]
Exactly GH.....making a defense play honest, play the whole field is what I’m talking about. Teams stack the box on us all the time, I would too. Not boasting, but, to be honest, most of the time we are going to win the game anyway because we are just the more talented team....we have play makers and a good O-line, solid D. But I do believe in taking what the D is giving you. If they are going to gamble on a stacked box, you should make them pay the price...or at least attempt to. Just my opinion. As an Atown fan, believe me, I am a happy fan these days, just always trying to get a little better is my thinking. Good luck to Barnwell, would really like to play the Warhorses.
*Topcat*
All-American

Next

Return to Class 2A