ABBEVILLE-SOUTHSIDE CHRISTIAN

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Re: ABBEVILLE-SOUTHSIDE CHRISTIAN

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:52 pm

[quote=“Panther51”]Wow what a game.....Southside Christian took the lead with a little over 2 mins left in the game 20-21 on a 2point conversion. Made the mistake of kicking it to Courtney Jackson who took it 98 yards for the go ahead score......an A-Town 2 point conversion seals it at 28-21[/quote]

lady luck ???........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby Oldtimer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:12 am

Barnwell is pretty good. How is Abbeville?
Oldtimer
Freshman

Postby Total Dominance » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:15 am

The absolute worse officiated game I have ever seen, at any level. I don't know how in the hell Southside Christian ever loses a home game. It was beyond laughable! Our coaches really need to send a copy of that film to the high school league office. A game of that magnitude deserves better than that zebra crew.

10 state championships (’71, ’81, ’91, ’96, ’10, ’11, ’15, ’16, ’17, '18)
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby Galloping Horse » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:46 am

Confabulation on yawls 4th trip to the title game Total D! Yawl beat those guys twice at their lace and it sounds you al also had to beat the zebras. Hey dude, when a team has done what Atown has done, sometimes you have to defeat all odds along the way which you all have done. See you next Friday at the championship and congratulations and good luck!
Galloping Horse
Freshman

Postby 96fanatic » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:09 am

congrats to the PANTHERS.
96fanatic
All-American

Postby Panther51 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:53 am

[quote=“BiLlYdAkIDd”][quote=“Panther51”]Wow what a game.....Southside Christian took the lead with a little over 2 mins left in the game 20-21 on a 2point conversion. Made the mistake of kicking it to Courtney Jackson who took it 98 yards for the go ahead score......an A-Town 2 point conversion seals it at 28-21[/quote]

lady luck ???........[/quote]

I would call t a poor coaching decision. Had been kicking it through the back of the end zone all night. How much time were they going to burn with the low line drive kick. There were over 2 minutes left. If the clock had been down under 30 seconds.........maybe but with that much time.....7 seconds was not worth the possible outcome. Maybe it was purely a field position decision, but again with the line drive, none of their players was going to touch him until he got to at least the 15......maybe 20 yard line.

Hats off to the Sabres. They played one hell of a game.
Last edited by Panther51 on Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Panther51
JV

Postby Panther51 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:58 am

And to quote the great Benji Greeson, WZLA color commentator, immediately after the play.........”THAT’S WHAT CHAMPIONS DO!!!!” You make the big play when the game is on the line.
Panther51
JV

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:27 am

[quote=“Panther51”][quote=“BiLlYdAkIDd”][quote=“Panther51”]Wow what a game.....Southside Christian took the lead with a little over 2 mins left in the game 20-21 on a 2point conversion. Made the mistake of kicking it to Courtney Jackson who took it 98 yards for the go ahead score......an A-Town 2 point conversion seals it at 28-21[/quote]

lady luck ???........[/quote]

I would call t a poor coaching decision. Had been kicking it through the back of the end zone all night. How much time were they going to burn with the low line drive kick. There were over 2 minutes left. If the clock had been down under 30 seconds.........maybe but with that much time.....7 seconds was not worth the possible outcome. Maybe it was purely a field position decision, but again with the line drive, none of their players was going to touch him until he got to at least the 15......maybe 20 yard line.

Hats off to the Sabres. They played one hell of a game.[/quote]

yes.........when i read your post i wondered why would they risk kicking it away........i agree..........bad decision.......good luck next week........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby *Topcat* » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:14 pm

I was delighted to see that kick off come out low and bouncing. We have two dudes back there that can take it to the house anytime. We fully expected a tough game from SSC on their field and that is what we got. I still believe it was a fumble on the hit on their QB at their own goal line, I had a better view than the white hat, that was huge call they got early on. There was another ball on the ground by them later right in front of our bench...was ruled down...don’t know about that one either. The Sabres certainly got the benefit of the doubt BOTH times. Those are big, big calls. We also must have had 5 illegal motion/shift penalties, and of course a drive killing holding penalty late in 4th that resulted in a FG instead of TD. I’m just saying...the Sabres absolutely benefited from the officiating last night...there is no other way to say it. We still knocked them out....hats off the Panthers and coaches for gutting this one out. SSC has an excellent team, they play clean and are well coached. Congrats to them on a great year. I’m glad to get out of there with the win.
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby 1fan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:32 am

great game.what was the Southside coach thinking on that last kickoff.his kicker always kicks it through the end-zone so his guys are not use to covering kickoffs.so the coach decides to make them cover the best 2a team in the state.thanks coach. :lol:
1fan
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 2A