ABBEVILLE-SOUTHSIDE CHRISTIAN

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Re: ABBEVILLE-SOUTHSIDE CHRISTIAN

Postby Truefan » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:35 am

Justin54 wrote:This is gonna be a good game but that barnwell vs carvers bay is gonna be lit both them teams could very well win the title they are both very good

Put down the pipe and back away....
"The point of the game is not how well the individual does but whether the team wins.It's the feeling of teamwork that you'll remember. You'll forget the plays, the hits, and the scores, but you'll never forget your teammates"
Truefan
Varsity

Postby vernman » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:22 pm

I will be on the a-town side if I can't sit then I will stand, but I will be there!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :(
vernman
Freshman

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:45 pm

[quote=“Total Dominance”]The fans of 9 times state champion A-Town deserve better than an endzone view. I’ll be sitting on the home side, about the 40 yard line.[/quote]

......i don't believe i would criticize anybody's visitors stands......just sayin.......
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby Total Dominance » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:53 am

[quote=“BiLlYdAkIDd”][quote=“Total Dominance”]The fans of 9 times state champion A-Town deserve better than an endzone view. I’ll be sitting on the home side, about the 40 yard line.[/quote]

......i don’t believe i would criticize anybody’s visitors stands......just sayin.......[/quote]
I’ll be the first to say our football facility could use some major improvements. But, even at our field, the visitors can sit directly behind the team they came to support. Furthermore, we have never stuck the opposing fans in a damn endzone. That’s disrespectful, any way you slice it! Just sayin’...

10 state championships (’71, ’81, ’91, ’96, ’10, ’11, ’15, ’16, ’17, '18)
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby mcclinton1952 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:55 am

We need to pack the stands with more fans than they have. We could feel like the home team!!!
mcclinton1952
Freshman

Postby Superman » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:24 pm

Does SSC still have those "music" and "art" scholarship kids like they did back in 2014 when they played Bamberg at State? I remember the QB was an outstanding musician that threw an even more outstanding long ball and a couple of talented receivers were quite talented artists!!! :o LOL They better recruit like Saban before Friday night because Abbeville will be putting up points like Alabama!!!! :shock:
Superman
JV

Postby *Topcat* » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:25 am

Since there are clearly seating issues at this venue...been there twice before and just stood...I think SSC should be a gracious host and just give Abbeville the home side and they take the 50 or so seats on visitor side and the end zone. We will probably have way more fans there anyway. I don’t believe I have EVER sat in the end zone at a high school game. I won’t tomorrow night either. I thought they were going to move the game...I’m pretty sure they don’t have the supposedly required seating capacity even with the extras. What happened to that???
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby Truefan » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:50 am

*Topcat* wrote:I’m pretty sure they don’t have the supposedly required seating capacity even with the extras. What happened to that???

$
"The point of the game is not how well the individual does but whether the team wins.It's the feeling of teamwork that you'll remember. You'll forget the plays, the hits, and the scores, but you'll never forget your teammates"
Truefan
Varsity

Postby Tha Godfodder » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:25 pm

There's electricity in the air. You can tell it's a BIG gameday. Much different from any other game this year. A-Town is ready to bring the heat. Abbeville has only a few pre-sell tickets left. I think they gave them 1,500. Sabre Stadium is going to be busting at the seams. Abbeville's senior class has a 52-3-1 record. And even after all the wins and 3 straight State Titles.. these guys are walking around with a chip on their shoulder. I'm not sure what Coach Nickles told them to get them all pissed off... but By God, they are mad... Should be a slug fest in G'vegas tonight..

SPOT THE BALL!!!!!
Tha Godfodder
Freshman

Postby Panther51 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:05 pm

Wow what a game.....Southside Christian took the lead with a little over 2 mins left in the game 20-21 on a 2point conversion. Made the mistake of kicking it to Courtney Jackson who took it 98 yards for the go ahead score......an A-Town 2 point conversion seals it at 28-21
Panther51
JV

PreviousNext

Return to Class 2A