Abbeville vs Bamberg-Ehrhardt 2017 State Championship

The class 2A board is dedicated to all the schools around the state that compete in Class 2A and work towards the goal of a state championship.

Re: Abbeville vs Bamberg-Ehrhardt 2017 State Championship

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:19 am

got to give a shout out to number 68 for aville on that goal line stand..........big boy shut it DOWN!!!!.......... :D :D
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby *Topcat* » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:01 pm

Total yards were Abbeville 201...B-E had 87. That B-E defense was nasty, but, so was Atown’s. We just had a bit of an edge offensively. But what an old fashioned slug fest it was. Congrats to my Panthers for getting it done when the chips were down, 3 in a row is amazing. B-E gave it their all.......was a great game.
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby chieftomma » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:13 pm

[quote=“streamline”]Congrats to Abbeville hats off to them. Also hats off to Bamberg-Ehrhardt. Bamberg’s Defense was outstanding but their offense was not that great. As much as I wanted B-E to win it didn’t happen. Abbeville has a Dynasty going. There last 3 games have been extremely competitive winning by 7,5,7 over Cheraw, Saluda, and Bamberg-Ehrhardt. They always find a way to win, that defines a Champion. Great game.

My Top 10 2017 post season rankings
Abbeville
Bamberg-Ehrhardt
Saluda
Lee Central
Cheraw
Carvers Bay
Barnwell
Southside Christian
Batesburg-Leesville
Central[/quote]

Cheraw moves up to 3A for 2 years but will be back....we will be the second smallest school in 3A...and in the conference with Dillon....closest region school will be Dillon and that’s an hour away...a lot of late nights on the horizon in all sports at Cheraw!
chieftomma
Freshman

Postby Total Dominance » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:09 am

Just got back home from The Weekend of Champions so I thought I would add a little insight to Friday's slobberknocker. First off, my hat's off to Bamberg-Ehrhardt! They were leaps and bounds better than what I was expecting. Their overall team speed, especially on the defensive side of the ball, was very impressive. The Red Raiders' "D" was a disciplined unit and covered their gap responsibilities as well as any team we've faced in years. I do think their inability to sustain offensive drives contributed to a little fatigue late in the game and that was the difference in the final outcome. A-Town simply did what they do... pound, pound, and when in doubt, pound some more! The Panthers stayed the course, despite having little success through three and a half quarters. Their experience in championship games played a major factor. It was almost like the punt return for a touchdown woke up a sleeping giant. No panic mode, just business as usual. B-E players and coaches showed a lot of class/sportsmanship in a tough, disheartening loss. I, for one, have a newfound respect for the Red Raiders' program. Lots of luck to both Bamberg-Ehrhardt and Abbeville moving forward in 2018. Something tells me these two heavyweights might face each other again in the near future.

8 state championships ('71, '81, '91, '96, '10, '11, '15, '16)
11 upper state championships
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby Dillon Wildcat Fan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:43 pm

Congratulations Total Dominance!!
Dillon Wildcat Fan
Varsity

Postby Total Dominance » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:36 am

[quote=“Dillon Wildcat Fan”]Congratulations Total Dominance!![/quote]
I appreciate it, bruh! Much congrats to the "Nasty Cats" as well.

8 state championships ('71, '81, '91, '96, '10, '11, '15, '16)
11 upper state championships
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby Jay89 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:31 am

Congrats to Abbeville!! Hopefully my B-L Panthers will get right soon and challenge y'all
Jay89
Freshman

Previous

Return to Class 2A