Dillon vs Chapman

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Re: Dillon vs Chapman

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:39 pm

WWMB 21 out of Mrytle Beach will carry all the games.
Image3A State Champions
1 CAT FAN
All-American

Postby STHS_Rebel_Announcer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:08 pm

[quote=“TIM”]I think some of you are grossly underestimating Dillon’s defense. The Nasty Cat D will be the difference in this game.

The title will come back to the lowstate where it belongs. #wildcats.[/quote]

I agree with Tim. I am a True Blue Rebel, but Dillon has a great team! It may end up a close score but Dillon will win. Dillon 30 - Chapman 27
STHS_Rebel_Announcer
Freshman

Postby GatorFan87 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:34 pm

Good luck Wildcats I will be there pulling for y'all!
GatorFan87
Freshman

Postby All We Do Is Win » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:05 pm

Few more days! Let's go Dillon
We are the Best. We are Dillon. Strive for Five
All We Do Is Win
Varsity

Postby DormanCavalier » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:29 pm

With all the (Should Be) Shrine Bowlers and future NFL stars on Chapman's team not sure why Dillon should show up. But I guess that is why they play the game.
Good luck to both teams!!
DormanCavalier
Freshman

Postby thewildcats » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:53 pm

Time to get NASTY CATS!!!!
thewildcats
Varsity

Postby newcatntown » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:27 pm

Chapman - 26
Dillon - 23

Defense for both teams will keep this a low scoring game.
Might be lower than my prediction. :shock:
Maybe this year is the year of the CAT...either Bobcat or Bearcat!!!!!!
newcatntown
All-American

Postby CITYSLICKER » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:53 pm

CHAMPMAN 88
CHEATERS 2
605 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING-54 YEARS

http://WWW.BERKELEYSTAGSFOOTBALL.COM
CITYSLICKER
Heisman

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:17 am

The countdown is on for perhaps this year’s most anticipated state championship football game: No. 1 Chapman vs. No. 2 Dillon in a rematch of last year’s SCHSL Class 3A state final.

“Bring it back,” has been Dillon’s rallying cry.

That’s because missed opportunities and special teams in 2016 kept Dillon from winning a state-record fifth consecutive title in a 29-27 loss.

“These opportunities are far and few between, and we want to be able to take advantage of our opportunity,” said Jackie Hayes, the Dillon coach who has its team in its sixth consecutive state final. “But, we’ve got a tall task ahead of us. (Chapman) has got an outstanding football team that is well-coached, and I really think this could be a tremendous football game.”

When this year’s game kicks off at 3 p.m. Saturday at Williams-Brice Stadium, Hayes’ youthful Wildcats (five starting seniors) will once again be in the hunt.“It’s a young football team with some always-high expectations,” said Hayes, the 26th-year Hall of Fame coach with a 305-52 record at his alma matter. “This is probably one of the proudest teams I’ve been a part of since I’ve been coaching because everybody was like, ‘Well, there’s no way you can make it back.’ But we kind got a little bit better every week.”

Having coached Dillon (14-0) to six state crowns (four in a row in Class 2A, Division I from 2012-15), Hayes understands how important both teams’ defenses will be.

So does Chapman coach Mark Hodge.

“It will come down to which defense plays the best,” said Hodge, whose team is also 14-0.

To explain why Hodge’s quote resonates, just look at the teams’ statistics on offense.

Chapman quarterback Colton Bailey has passed for 3,175 yards and 42 touchdowns while being intercepted twice. And on top of that, the Panthers feature D.J. Twitty, who is 8 yards away from 2,000 for this year.To counter that, Dillon’s defense features a secondary that includes Ty’Quan Porter with nine interceptions. Defensive end Shamar McCollum has 106 tackles, 8.5 sacks, an interception and fumble recovery. Also, linebacker Dray Thompson has 124 tackles, two recoveries, an interception and blocked kick.

But Dillon also can move the ball, having outscored opponents 571-142 through 14 games.

Sophomore quarterback Jay Lester has passed for 1,774 yards and 20 touchdowns compared to four interceptions.

“I’m real proud of (Lester), he’s a lot like Chapman’s quarterback,” Hayes said. “He’s tough, he’s gritty and loves to play the game and just makes plays. To play quarterback at Dillon is special. And to start in the 10th grade makes it even more special.”

Anthony Brown, meanwhile, leads the Chapman defense with 152 tackles, followed by a trio of players who has seven sacks apiece: Kivone Moore, Nate Jackson and Jaylin Petty.

For the Dillon players who experienced last year’s loss, they can’t wait for Saturday to start.
    http://www.scnow.com/sports/article_fbb0b8c4-d63e-11e7-be38-9b6fd836a546.html
    Image3A State Champions
    1 CAT FAN
    All-American

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:04 pm

Victory6 wrote:**Chapman Panthers vs dillon putty cats**
      The Chapman Panthers are going to destroy the dillon putty cats at state tomorrow. Please stay clear of the field, dillon players will be running for their lives. Pay attention to the nearest exits because once the massacre starts there will be mass confusion. Hopefully next year dillon can be moved back to the small cage!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Watch your back at all times!!.....just kidding ;)
      https://youtu.be/grx3xf9hknI
        http://forums.palmettofootballtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=65928&sid=d5b3a9fb18181de875f05bab82f6f133
        Image3A State Champions
        1 CAT FAN
        All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Class 3A