Newberry vs Fairfield Central

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Newberry vs Fairfield Central

Postby Jay89 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:09 pm

I went to the last match up it was a close game. I'm going Friday wish the best of luck to both teams.. what do y'all think the score will be too close to call for me???
Jay89
Freshman

Re: Newberry vs Fairfield Central

Postby All We Do Is Win » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:11 pm

Newberry by 3
We are the Best. We are Dillon. Strive for Five
All We Do Is Win
Varsity

Postby wildcatnation843 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:43 am

I like Fairfield Central in a close one. I just don't have any faith in the Newberry defense this year!
wildcatnation843
Varsity

Postby bigdog2003 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:05 pm

Another Newberry at Fairfield game in the playoffs! One of or both of these schools have played for the upper state championship each of the last 5 years, and have played some classic playoff games. Over time games, 1 point games, and close games have been the norm over the last few playoff meetings.

Newberry was able to win earlier in the regular season, and it is very tough to beat a team twice in one season. Both teams had closer than expected games last week to open the playoffs. Newberry raced out to a 28 point first half lead, and held on for the win, Fairfield beat Southside 29-22.

Hopefully the Bulldogs learned something last week, and saw that nobody can be taken lightly in the playoffs. Pendleton gave them everything they had last week, and almost pulled off the upset.

Both teams know each other so well, that it may come down to who wants it more in the 4th quarter. Whoever can limit the mistakes, and take advantage of any opportunity the other team gives them will win this game.

I hope Amir can get the 1 TD he needs to become the 4th RB in state history to score 100 TDs in a career. I know Fairfield will be coming into the game determined to stop him.

This seems like to big of a match up to be in round 2. I expect a huge crowd there, and a great game.
bigdog2003
Varsity

Postby catdatplayedandknows » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:52 pm

I'm taking Newberry in this one
Welcome to DILLON UNIVERSITY HOME OF THE 08,09,12,13,14,15,17 State Champions :twisted:
catdatplayedandknows
Varsity

Postby 3-3 Stack » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:24 pm

[quote=“catdatplayedandknows”]I’m taking Newberry in this one[/quote]
By at least 7.
3-3 Stack
All-American

Postby flying eagle » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:31 am

Newberry by 1
flying eagle
All-American

Postby Jay89 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:23 am

[quote=“bigdog2003”]Another Newberry at Fairfield game in the playoffs! One of or both of these schools have played for the upper state championship each of the last 5 years, and have played some classic playoff games. Over time games, 1 point games, and close games have been the norm over the last few playoff meetings.

Newberry was able to win earlier in the regular season, and it is very tough to beat a team twice in one season. Both teams had closer than expected games last week to open the playoffs. Newberry raced out to a 28 point first half lead, and held on for the win, Fairfield beat Southside 29-22.

Hopefully the Bulldogs learned something last week, and saw that nobody can be taken lightly in the playoffs. Pendleton gave them everything they had last week, and almost pulled off the upset.

Both teams know each other so well, that it may come down to who wants it more in the 4th quarter. Whoever can limit the mistakes, and take advantage of any opportunity the other team gives them will win this game.

I hope Amir can get the 1 TD he needs to become the 4th RB in state history to score 100 TDs in a career. I know Fairfield will be coming into the game determined to stop him.

This seems like to big of a match up to be in round 2. I expect a huge crowd there, and a great game.[/quote]
Wouldn't mind meeting you before the game
Jay89
Freshman

Postby bigdog2003 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:59 pm

[quote=“Jay89”][quote=“bigdog2003”]Another Newberry at Fairfield game in the playoffs! One of or both of these schools have played for the upper state championship each of the last 5 years, and have played some classic playoff games. Over time games, 1 point games, and close games have been the norm over the last few playoff meetings.

This seems like to big of a match up to be in round 2. I expect a huge crowd there, and a great game.[/quote]
Wouldn’t mind meeting you before the game[/quote]

Sent you a message
bigdog2003
Varsity

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:55 pm

FC wins.........14-7
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Return to Class 3A