ST's back up RB

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

ST's back up RB

Postby ST Rebels 72 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:08 pm

AT one point Strom Thurmond's back-up RB/DB had 3 carries for 102 yards and 2TD's on offense and 1 int on defense....What a game...For those of you who may be a little slow in the math department....lol....That's averaging 34 yards per carry and a 66% TD to carry ratio....You do know what ratio means...lol

He finished the game with 7 carries for 116
Last edited by ST Rebels 72 on Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRIDE, CLASS, COURAGE AND THE WILL TO WIN
ST Rebels 72
All-American

Re: ST's back up RB

Postby ST Rebels 72 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:25 pm

Rushing: ST — Mitchell Settles 7-116-2, Tyrece Nick 16-105-1, Dalton Bodie 1-66-1, Jalen Simpkins 10-36, Jaquan Edwards 1-9-1 Totals: 35-332-5.

Passing: ST — Tyrece Nick 11-16-161-0-0. Extremely efficient.

Receiving: ST Rashad Bryant 5-76, Tyrek Williams 4-66, Jacoby Miles 1-21, Jalen Simpkins 1-8 — Totals: 11-161.

Interceptions: ST — Settles 1-0, Tyrek Williams 1-0

Note: Jaquan Edwards is our starting RB and he had one carry tonight. Simpkins is next in line and he was banged up and couldn't hit the holes like he normally does, but he should be fine next week. Bodie is the sleeper of this group and our fourth option.

493 yards of total offense...
ST Rebels 72
All-American

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:07 pm

what a difference a week makes.......... :lol: :lol:

RUSHING–ST: Mitchell Settles 4-12, Jalen Simpkins 7-20, Tyrek Williams 1-3, Dalton Bodie 1-4.
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby 3-3 Stack » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:13 am

BiLlYdAkIDd wrote:what a difference a week makes.......... :lol: :lol:

RUSHING–ST: Mitchell Settles 4-12, Jalen Simpkins 7-20, Tyrek Williams 1-3, Dalton Bodie 1-4.

Ouch...
3-3 Stack
All-American

Postby TIM » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:14 am

Aiken did a great job of containing our offense. can't take that away from them. Our defense did not do a good job of stopping the hornets. The Qb got the edge all night and the rb just pounded the ball up the gut at will (thank goodness for cramps!). Id be interested in seeing their yards after contact-many, many missed tackles on ST part. Got a few weeks to get it straighten out though.
TIM
All-American

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:41 pm

TIM wrote:Aiken did a great job of containing our offense. can't take that away from them. Our defense did not do a good job of stopping the hornets. The Qb got the edge all night and the rb just pounded the ball up the gut at will (thank goodness for cramps!). Id be interested in seeing their yards after contact-many, many missed tackles on ST part. Got a few weeks to get it straighten out though.

aiken will only get better.........this guy is an elite coach..........especially on defense........his defense, for years, at 96 was a brick wall............he knows his stuff........and the kids love him.........great combination........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby FBNoob » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:22 pm

I look forward to following Aiken, as well as ST the rest of the season. ST will be fine, and hopefully Aiken will continue to improve even though that means more of BWB chants on here :?
FBNoob
Freshman

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:44 am

FBNoob wrote:I look forward to following Aiken, as well as ST the rest of the season. ST will be fine, and hopefully Aiken will continue to improve even though that means more of BWB chants on here :?

i am just giving STREBEL a hard time because he has done nothing but bashed the aiken coach since the guy's first day on the job at aiken......trust is STREBEL doesn't even know him................i expect he will be much more respectful from now forward....aiken autopsied that high octane offense of ST........ ;)
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby TIM » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:22 am

BiLlYdAkIDd wrote:
TIM wrote:Aiken did a great job of containing our offense. can't take that away from them. Our defense did not do a good job of stopping the hornets. The Qb got the edge all night and the rb just pounded the ball up the gut at will (thank goodness for cramps!). Id be interested in seeing their yards after contact-many, many missed tackles on ST part. Got a few weeks to get it straighten out though.

aiken will only get better.........this guy is an elite coach..........especially on defense........his defense, for years, at 96 was a brick wall............he knows his stuff........and the kids love him.........great combination........

i have no doubts. i had a very well respected coach tell me a few years ago that brian neal knows his stuff and is a great coach. i'm fully aware of the job he did at 96 and McCormick in 2012 (11-3 i believe in a place that has a dismal tradition). Hats off to him on his win over us last week and nothing but respect...but hopefully we pound his boys into the ground next year though. :mrgreen:
TIM
All-American

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:59 pm

TIM wrote:
BiLlYdAkIDd wrote:

i have no doubts. i had a very well respected coach tell me a few years ago that brian neal knows his stuff and is a great coach. i'm fully aware of the job he did at 96 and McCormick in 2012 (11-3 i believe in a place that has a dismal tradition). Hats off to him on his win over us last week and nothing but respect...but hopefully we pound his boys into the ground next year though. :mrgreen:

:D
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Return to Class 3A