Easley 6, Daniel 0?!?

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Re: Easley 6, Daniel 0?!?

Postby tjones » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:57 pm

Yes! Congratualtions Coach for following high school league mandated suspensions. Those suspensions came down from the league, not the coach. Dont think for one minute that those kids wouldn't have played if the coach had anything to do with it. He only cares about one thing, himself. He is not going to take a loss to do what's right.
tjones
Freshman

Postby 75CHSFAN » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:05 pm

tjones wrote:Yes! Congratualtions Coach for following high school league mandated suspensions. Those suspensions came down from the league, not the coach. Dont think for one minute that those kids wouldn't have played if the coach had anything to do with it. He only cares about one thing, himself. He is not going to take a loss to do what's right.

Why did the league mandate suspension for these players?

75CHSFAN
Varsity

Postby tmite52 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:15 pm

75 the suspensions were the result of a brawl between Wren and Daniel at the Anderson County Jamboree a few weeks ago.Wren and Daniel both had players suspended for this past weeks games and both were upset losers this past weekend.
tmite52
Freshman

Postby 75CHSFAN » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:05 pm

Thus why it is important to teach the kids to control their emotions.
Society is condoning more and more retaliation and it is flowing over to the athletic fields.
Hopefully, that loss will show them how important their actions are to their team and the effects it has.

75CHSFAN
Varsity

Postby HSFballfan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Who all did the lions lose from their offense?? besides Hopkins
HSFballfan
Freshman

Postby D-dubDad » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:28 pm

League mandated or coach mandated, Who cares? If you act like a punk thug on or off the field, then you should be punished. If you want to fight then do it between whistles and help your team, not between plays and hurt your team. Control and self discipline should not be expected, it should be demanded! This is not just to develop champion ballplayers, but also to develop champion young men that can be productive in society as well. I hated the suspensions and the loss, but I hope these boys learned a lesson. I know the boys who did play, learned a very valuable lesson. They learned how it feels to have your fellow teammates let you down and not be able to stand and fight with you on the field when you need them the most.
D-dubDad
Freshman

Postby ddubuncle » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:50 pm

TJ, according to what the players were told and the coaches comments in the newspapers the suspensions were "Coaches Decisions". Which is why I commended coach Rob for his actions. As the previous poster stated they should have been suspended either way. Life lessons were learned by the suspended and those that were affected by it!!
ddubuncle
Freshman

Postby ddubuncle » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:20 pm

HSF, they also lost co-starting quarterback Colton Korn, who was also a receiving threat, transferred to Byrnes. Two other notable skill players were WR Marquez McDowell and RB Brandon Anderson, both went on to play at the next level.
ddubuncle
Freshman

Postby D-dubDad » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:38 pm

They also lost some starting offensive linemen too. The O line is young and small.
D-dubDad
Freshman

Postby dwdblue » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:51 am

tjones, every thing you said is probably right but I hope the coach also learns a lesson. As I said I hope this becomes the norm and not the exception. The pressure coaches feel to win sometimes causes them to allow certain behavours that they otherwise would'nt allow. It's like being a dad, you can't be your chidrens best friend, you need to be their dad, you can't show favortism to one and not the other, etc. Coaches need to be as hard on the star as he is the avg. guy, maybe harder due to the potential. That builds character, not big heads that will have trouble at the next level. Now, as a fan I hate the loss but it may be the best loss this program has had in yrs. Now, right the ship and "Go Lions"
dwdblue
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 3A