Easley 6, Daniel 0?!?

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Easley 6, Daniel 0?!?

Postby HSFBjunkie » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:32 pm

This was the biggest stunner of the night last night.
I heard where Easley only had about 80 yards and two first downs for the game.

Lion fans, what happened?
Educating the public about what "running up the score" truly is, one soccer mom at a time.
HSFBjunkie
All-American

Re: Easley 6, Daniel 0?!?

Postby dwdblue » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:05 pm

Offense, could'nt get it going, line issues seem to be biggest problem. Defense seems O'kay, still early and Easley not a bad team this year under new head coach. Two good defenses battling hard and 1 offensive play, the difference. Congrats to Easley on starting 2 -0, Would love to see all Pickens county schools become competitive again, makes games worth attending.
dwdblue
Freshman

Postby kickit » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:00 am

I saw Daniel play Wren in Anderson County Jamboree. Daniel definitely is feeling the effects of losing alot of good players. I was still surprised they didn't play better. Not trying to post negative personal thoughts, but I'm sure others were shocked too about their poor sportsmanship. Daniel usually has more class and are not poor losers. Too many fights on field for me!
kickit
Freshman

Postby dwdblue » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:05 pm

I too am concerned with the lack of discipline and sportmanship, been a daniel fan many yrs., things like this would not happen a few yrs ago.
dwdblue
Freshman

Postby fridaynitelights » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Still early. I'm guessing Daniel is trying to get a feel for life after all the weapons they had graduate. I was surprised when i heard this score as well.

As far as field discipline...I think that's a problem for most teams now a days. Lack of discipline at home, and a "I'm a thug and have to fight all the time" mentality is killing hs athletics.
fridaynitelights
Freshman

Postby tjones » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Coach has got to get a hold on them. They should have won 2 state titles by now. Going to be a long year for the lions if things don't get better.
tjones
Freshman

Postby kickit » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:02 am

I hope Daniel can pull together as a team. I feel for a team that lost so many great players. It's hard to take losses when you have a long tradition of winning. On top of that, they have to play a season away from their home field. That would be tough! Did Daniel play between the Wren and Palmetto games? If so, who & what was the outcome.
kickit
Freshman

Postby snowskier4383 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:30 am

Yes, the beat Pickens in their Jamboree 19-0, and lost to T.L. Hana 14-13 in the DHS Jamboree. I dont know if it would have made a difference, but another thing to remember is Daniel had a few of our starters suspended for the first 2 games due to the altercations that took place at the Jamboree at Wren...from what I understand its a 2 game suspension but the players were working to be back for the Greenville game.
snowskier4383
Freshman

Postby ddubuncle » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:57 pm

Actually, we had 5 starting offensive players suspended for the game. I commend coach Rob for doing this, although it cost us the game maybe the boys learned a lesson. Last year I felt the same way as one of the previous posts stated about the lack of discipline (many, many, personal fouls because the guys were running their mouths). The Wren coach also suspended several of his players also, which should help to explain their loss to Palmetto. Not saying we are going to beat Greenville but it should be much more competitive.
ddubuncle
Freshman

Postby dwdblue » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:18 pm

Good for coach Rob, I hope that becomes the norm and not the exception.
dwdblue
Freshman

Next

Return to Class 3A