Congrats to Chester

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Re: Congrats to Chester

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:50 pm

[quote=“OLDFART51”][quote=“1 CAT FAN”]And who exactly is your team?[/quote]

A team that has more state championships than Dillon.[/quote]
    Very few do have more in the past decade ( modern era ). You & Wolverine Legend good buddies?
    Dillon Wildcats 08′ 09′ 12′ 13′ 14′ 15′ 17′ State Champions
    1 CAT FAN
    All-American

Postby region2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:26 am

Congrats to Chester. Not surprising if one has seen Chester play, but Chester was the more physical team. In truth, the final score was closer than the game should have been. Thought Chester started polishing the trophy and lost a little focus with a couple of fumbles in the 4th. And they did Dillon some huge favors as far as time management by trying some passes in the 4th that stopped the clock. That in itself gave Dillon a shot after their last TD cut it to six. But when Chester pinned their ears back defensively Dillon couldn't handle their pass rush and everything worked out. Chester's freshman QB is going to be a stud.
    region2
    All-American

Postby wildcatnation843 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:18 pm

The final score being close was the heart of a champion fighting back even when being outmatched on both sides of the line for most of the game. There's no real way to prepare for the way you're going to match up with a team upfront. Chester was the more physical team upfront on both sides of the line. This was a year when Dillon needed to face a physically opposing team early in the year to prepare them for this matchup. Special teams coach is a position that I think needs to be addressed now that the season is over. Someone on the staff was filling in with the special teams but I really think that Coach Hayes needs to go out and find a coach for that position moving forward.
    wildcatnation843
    Varsity

Postby slobber » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:23 pm

im just wondering how big that Chester QB will be by the time he is a senior...didnt they say he was just in the 9th grade.. he’s the biggest 9th grade qb around and will be bigger than that giant qb that Kentucky had a few years ago :shock:
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

-Albert Einstein
    slobber
    JV

Postby Wildstallion2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:36 pm

wildcatnation843 wrote: Special teams coach is a position that I think needs to be addressed now that the season is over. Someone on the staff was filling in with the special teams but I really think that Coach Hayes needs to go out and find a coach for that position moving forward.
    Coach Hayes may be on his way out, so Dillon might be looking for more than a special teams coach. When asked if this was his last game at Dillon, Hayes was noncommittal.https://www.scnow.com/sports/article_c2 ... 7007c.html Maybe Coach Hayes will take the South Pointe Job.
    Wildstallion2
    Varsity

Postby region2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:43 pm

The South Pointe job was decided months ago in my opinion. Just going through the show of searching.
    region2
    All-American

Postby Wildstallion2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:16 pm

region2 wrote:The South Pointe job was decided months ago in my opinion. Just going through the show of searching.
    I agree with you on that, but I think that Hayes would be a good fit for South Pointe, and also because we need someone who knows a lot about good defense.
    Wildstallion2
    Varsity

Postby The Cats R Nasty » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:23 pm

[quote=“Wildstallion2”][quote=“region2″]The South Pointe job was decided months ago in my opinion. Just going through the show of searching.[/quote] I agree with you on that, but I think that Hayes would be a good fit for South Pointe, and also because we need someone who knows a lot about good defense.[/quote]

Coach Hayes was born, raised and rooted in Dillon. He was a Shrine Bowl QB for Dillon in his School days. I’m not saying that Jackie won’t retire from Coaching one day, but I promised you he will not leave Dillon and Coach in another School district.
    The Cats R Nasty
    Varsity

Postby SCHSF_fan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:50 pm

CONGRATULATIONS to Chester. You showed up and took this game. This season was overall a positive one for 3A football. Can't deny that Dillon raised the bar and put forth a formidable challenge to the rest of the field....but while a dynasty can be cool; it's definitely more provocative to see good rivalries and challenges arise. Chapman answered the call a few seasons ago...but it was certainly enjoyable to see that there were several teams who could have ended up in the title game this year. The field has stepped up and answered the challenge. Hopefully, the trend will continue. That doesn't mean the likes of a Dillon or a Chapman are going away, but parity is growing across the board in 3A which only improves the competition. Trust & believe that Dillon and even Chapman will respond to the push from underneath and will only push back and find ways to continue to grow and improve; yet the rest of field continues to push back and answer the call so that in any given year (even though a #1 & #2 has to be listed), any of the top 5-7 teams can challenge for the prize. It was good to see the push this year, not only from Chester, but also from Union, Camden, Wade Hampton, Hanahan, May River, Southside, Broome, Gilbert, Strom Thurmond. It's good to see the competition thicken. Gives us something to which to look forward next season as well as in the years to come....
    Again, hats off to Chester on an undefeated season.......already in anticipation of what next year holds.......
    SCHSF_fan
    Freshman

Postby btango » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:24 am

Did anyone see any photos or slow motion film of the fumble by Chester that was returned for a Dillon TD. Was the ball carrier not down?
    btango
    JV

PreviousNext

Return to Class 3A