Dillon vs Chester(official state thread)

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Re: Dillon vs Chester(official state thread)

Postby wildcatnation843 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:58 pm

Can someone tell me.....how good is Chester's secondary? This might just determine the outcome of the game. Khalil Bethea (#52) returns this Saturday after two weeks off so you can expect the running game to produce a little more yardage. If Lester passes for over 200 yards like he did against Wade Hampton I don't see how Chester can win this game.
wildcatnation843
Varsity

Postby The Cats R Nasty » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:14 pm

With Chester allowing 193 points at 14 points a game against Dillon’s 74 points at 6 points a game... Defensively Dillon seems to have the edge on Chester. Dillon’s ability to run and pass again gives the offensive edge to Dillon. Dillon will just need to go for 2 point conversions, because our field goal/extra point situation isn’t on par with the Nastycat way of things. What concerns me is the injuries we suffered Friday night. J.Lester and Nemo both have sore/swollen ankles.. they both have a week to get right so pray for them. I have enough faith in Bobo Mckinnon if need be at QB, and know Nemo will most likely be ready by Saturday. Should be another exciting match up at Williams Brice, and I believe we are the Home Team.
The Cats R Nasty
Varsity

Postby Wildstallion2 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:26 pm

The Cats R Nasty wrote:With Chester allowing 193 points at 14 points a game against Dillon’s 74 points at 6 points a game... Defensively Dillon seems to have the edge on Chester. Dillon’s ability to run and pass again gives the offensive edge to Dillon. Dillon will just need to go for 2 point conversions, because our field goal/extra point situation isn’t on par with the Nastycat way of things. What concerns me is the injuries we suffered Friday night. J.Lester and Nemo both have sore/swollen ankles.. they both have a week to get right so pray for them. I have enough faith in Bobo Mckinnon if need be at QB, and know Nemo will most likely be ready by Saturday. Should be another exciting match up at Williams Brice, and I believe we are the Home Team.
These Dillon stats are deceiving, Dillon has only played seven or eight regular season games against a easy schedule, the Chester Cyclones have played a full schedule against 5A and 4A teams.
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Postby Nastycats1988 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:47 pm

Stallion I hear you but It’s a game of matchups. Sorry just don’t see a team pounding the rock on Dillon. Just can’t see it. Too many monsters on that side of the ball
Dillon 2017-#Bringitback Mission Accomplished
08,09,12,,13,14,15,17- The Dynasty Continues
Nastycats1988
All-American

Postby All We Do Is Win » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:03 am

[quote=“Nastycats1988”]Stallion I hear you but It’s a game of matchups. Sorry just don’t see a team pounding the rock on Dillon. Just can’t see it. Too many monsters on that side of the ball[/quote]

Don’t argue with him he will see
We are the Best. We are Dillon. Strive for Five
All We Do Is Win
Varsity

Postby The Cats R Nasty » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:47 am

[quote=“Wildstallion2”][quote=“The Cats R Nasty”]With Chester allowing 193 points at 14 points a game against Dillon’s 74 points at 6 points a game... Defensively Dillon seems to have the edge on Chester. Dillon’s ability to run and pass again gives the offensive edge to Dillon. Dillon will just need to go for 2 point conversions, because our field goal/extra point situation isn’t on par with the Nastycat way of things. What concerns me is the injuries we suffered Friday night. J.Lester and Nemo both have sore/swollen ankles.. they both have a week to get right so pray for them. I have enough faith in Bobo Mckinnon if need be at QB, and know Nemo will most likely be ready by Saturday. Should be another exciting match up at Williams Brice, and I believe we are the Home Team.[/quote] These Dillon stats are deceiving, Dillon has only played seven or eight regular season games against a easy schedule, the Chester Cyclones have played a full schedule against 5A and 4A teams.[/quote]

Bottom line is Dillon will be playing for their 8th Championship in 10 years. This will be Dillon’s 7th straight State Championship appearance. When you can have a run like that with no end in sight... Stats don’t matter, easy schedule or not
The Cats R Nasty
Varsity

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:38 pm

[quote=“Wildstallion2”] These Dillon stats are deceiving, Dillon has only played seven or eight regular season games against a easy schedule, the Chester Cyclones have played a full schedule against 5A and 4A teams.[/quote]
    Critics of the competition have said that for a decade. Do you think Chester would beat South Pointe?
    ImageACC Champions
    1 CAT FAN
    All-American

Postby chieftomma » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Dillon 38 Chester 13
    chieftomma
    Freshman

Postby Wildstallion2 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:34 pm

1 CAT FAN wrote:[quote=“Wildstallion2”] These Dillon stats are deceiving, Dillon has only played seven or eight regular season games against a easy schedule, the Chester Cyclones have played a full schedule against 5A and 4A teams.
      Critics of the competition have said that for a decade. Do you think Chester would beat South Pointe?[/quote] I hate to say it but this season the Chester Cyclones would have beat South Pointe, but only because the New Defense Coach that South Pointe has is no good, he ran a three man front all season on the defensive line, that is fine against teams that have a passing offense but not against teams with a running offense, or against a Duel threat Quarterback, you need at least four defensive lineman when playing against a running offense, we had way to many close games, and we finally got burned because of it.
      Wildstallion2
      Varsity

Postby Truefan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:16 am

Nastycats1988 wrote: We played the Best RB in the state last night in Pernell Maxwell. Kid benched 360 and squatted over 600 and ran a 10.9 100 m. Kid had 4,000 yds rushing in only 2 years. Averaged like 11 yds a carry this year.Don’t think I have ever seen anybody that big move that fast.

And yet Jackie Hayes 'HBC" for a North South team left him off the roster. Best back in the state you say....
      "The point of the game is not how well the individual does but whether the team wins.It's the feeling of teamwork that you'll remember. You'll forget the plays, the hits, and the scores, but you'll never forget your teammates"
      Truefan
      Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Class 3A