Dillon vs Chester(official state thread)

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Dillon vs Chester(official state thread)

Postby Nastycats1988 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:56 pm

Alright guys let’s get it popping. Both teams are undefeated!!

My take: have watched Chester ALOT this year. They are good but very one
Dimensional. Chester only has 6 passing tds and has thrown 5 int. They are basically going to try and run us over.(good luck with thatI think Dillon has been well prepared to STOP anybody’s rushing attack with our last 2 games. We played the Best RB in the state last night in Pernell Maxwell. Kid benched 360 and squatted over 600 and ran a 10.9 100 m. Kid had 4,000 yds rushing in only 2 years. Averaged like 11 yds a carry this year.Don’t think I have ever seen anybody that big move that fast. Played a huge offensive front and rushing attack against May River. I think this is the perfect matchup for us. Offense has to come ready to ball as Chester supposedly has a D1 laden defense. I think Dillon takes this one big(I am biased of course
Dillon 2017-#Bringitback Mission Accomplished
08,09,12,,13,14,15,17- The Dynasty Continues
Nastycats1988
All-American

Re: Dillon vs Chester(official state thread)

Postby slobber » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:44 pm

time for a change..dillon trying to hog up all the championships like alabama...i hope chester beats the doo doo out of you state title hogs :mrgreen:
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

-Albert Einstein
slobber
JV

Postby catdatplayedandknows » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:49 pm

[quote=“slobber”]time for a change..dillon trying to hog up all the championships like alabama...i hope chester beats the doo doo out of you state title hogs :mrgreen:[/quote]
Lol, come on slobber let us get one more.
Welcome to DILLON UNIVERSITY HOME OF THE 08,09,12,13,14,15,17 State Champions :twisted:
catdatplayedandknows
Varsity

Postby Wildstallion2 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:05 pm

The Chester Cyclones are just 15 minutes down the road from South Pointe so I will be pulling for the Cyclones in this one, and I hope that the Big William Brice Stadium Atmosphere dose not get in the Chester Cyclones head and make them choke, like it did to Dillon their first time there a couple years back.
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Postby PittBull » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:36 pm

We’re not hogging up anything..... simply making up for lost championships from all those missed opportunities. But we still have a lot up catching up to do, so don’t think we’ll be losing this momentum anytime soon....I hope that Chester does bring their “A Game”, we’re ready!!!!!! Last night’s 4th Qtr reminded me so much up the 2013 Mallard Creek 4th Qtr game's ending. Wade Hampton brought some well deserved excitement to the White Walls from an opponents perspective. Man.....hats off to those guys again.... that game reminded us Dillon Fans of the desire a team can muster up when you’re hungry!!! But also what kind of response can be returned in kind when you’re even hungrier....so that being said....Chester you’re the next man up!!! Whatcha Got?????
PittBull
JV

Postby All We Do Is Win » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:30 pm

If Dillon’s offense is clicking and Chester is a primarily running team they could be in for a long night.
We are the Best. We are Dillon. Strive for Five
All We Do Is Win
Varsity

Postby Nastycats1988 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:35 pm

IN my opinion this is a nightmare matchup for them. They hand the ball off basically EVERY PLAY. They Throw it every blue moon but mostly They are putting it in somebody's belly. You KNOW OUR defense is designed to shut the run down. I agree if the offense and playcalling is on their game it just doesn't match up well for them
Dillon 2017-#Bringitback Mission Accomplished
08,09,12,,13,14,15,17- The Dynasty Continues
Nastycats1988
All-American

Postby SackThe_Back » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:52 pm

I think Dillon pulls it out.
Never be diffrent unless diffrent is much, much better.
SackThe_Back
Freshman

Postby catdatplayedandknows » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:09 pm

Yea they are running the ball out of the spread, unlike that damn flexbone like Wade Hampton. But Chester do have some athletes and Last night battle got us razor sharp focus.
Welcome to DILLON UNIVERSITY HOME OF THE 08,09,12,13,14,15,17 State Champions :twisted:
catdatplayedandknows
Varsity

Postby SCHSF_fan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:54 pm

Both defenses seem sound; gotta see who plays focused and with less errors / mistakes. It's going to be a defensive battle so going to have to see which offense can click and find a way to move the ball. Also, some big plays could make a difference in momentum swings like that key fumble recovery, interception, big penalty in red zone, special teams return, who receives, who defers.... Also, Dillon clearly has not answered its issues at PAT or field goals; that 18 Friday was 3 TDs but also 1 missed PAT & 2 failed 2 point conversions; that ALMOST came back to haunt them in the last 2 minutes when Hampton got the ball only down 5......

If Chester can keep it close, those intangibles could play a part. The question is will it stay close or will the Cats be able to pull away?

Looking forward to a good game, but still think if Dillon plays close to their A game, it's a repeat but I'm sure Chester will be good and hungry.....
I'll be sure to catch this one......
SCHSF_fan
Freshman

Next

Return to Class 3A