Dillon vs Wade Hampton

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Re: Dillon vs Wade Hampton

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:56 pm

[quote=“3-3 Stack”][quote=“PittBull”]Well....now that the argument about Dillon playing somebody with a legitimate schedule and winning record has been settled. Let’s move on to the real issue at hand....the Low State Title Game and a chance to go to State again!! Wade Hampton will be traveling to the White Walls to face the defending State Champions....Between the two....they’ve faced four common opponents and have come away with a 4-0 / 3-1 record. Not looking past anybody.....I’m sure that Wade Hampton will be getting Dillon’s full uninterrupted attention. That’s makes it really bad for them......because they’re standing in the way of another state championship and that’s a dangerous position to be in.[/quote]
They better better give their full attention. The flexbone is a tough offense to stop if you haven’t played against it.[/quote]

you are 100% right...ask chesnee.......they were up on Brown and B-L 33-0 in the 2nd quarter and Brown did his magic and B-L won 34 - 33.......i never bet against dillon but this is a great coach they are playing against........B-L was insane to let him get away........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby The Cats R Nasty » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:14 am

[quote=“BiLlYdAkIDd”][quote=“3-3 Stack”][quote=“PittBull”]Well....now that the argument about Dillon playing somebody with a legitimate schedule and winning record has been settled. Let’s move on to the real issue at hand....the Low State Title Game and a chance to go to State again!! Wade Hampton will be traveling to the White Walls to face the defending State Champions....Between the two....they’ve faced four common opponents and have come away with a 4-0 / 3-1 record. Not looking past anybody.....I’m sure that Wade Hampton will be getting Dillon’s full uninterrupted attention. That’s makes it really bad for them......because they’re standing in the way of another state championship and that’s a dangerous position to be in.[/quote]
They better better give their full attention. The flexbone is a tough offense to stop if you haven’t played against it.[/quote]

you are 100% right...ask chesnee.......they were up on Brown and B-L 33-0 in the 2nd quarter and Brown did his magic and B-L won 34 - 33.......i never bet against dillon but this is a great coach they are playing against........B-L was insane to let him get away........[/quote]

Dillon’s focus was intense all week on our Defensive game plan. Defense wins Championships. May River beat these guys, and we destroyed May River. Should be a good game. If Dillon is on point, this will be another big win and trip to Cola
The Cats R Nasty
Varsity

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:41 am

[quote=“Nastycats1988”]Just my opinion man.I know Avery was good. Your bro Jamison was Good. We worship those Avery teams and put them on a pedestal but It is time to stop living in the past. They were good teams But I don’t feel like they had THIS MANY weapons. They had GREAT individual players such as your brother Jamison but AS A UNIT I FEEL THIS OFFENSE IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE SEEN. This team has about 10 Guys that are LEGIT homerun threats. You must haven’t seen this team play that much this year. They were games this year were the Ball didn’t touch the ground until the 3rd quarter because of the efficiency Let me run them down.
1. Ahmari Huggins Bruce
2. Corrian Wright
3. Bobo Mckinnon- Pure hands and VERY elusive
4. Quashod Singleton-#23
5. Jerry Floyd- Would start WR for most other schools
6. Nigel George- Great Slot WR and RB
7. Justin Green- Big Strong WR who we mainly use at safety. But he really is fast and strong when ever he has touched the ball.
8. Jateil lester- Not as pure of a passer as Avery but is a big faster running the ball and is a HANDFUL. Time to start giving this young man his credit. He stepped out of Avery’s shadow last week. Kid Showed off Big time. The moves he was making was embarrassing towards the defense to say the least.
9. Nemo Squire- Great Pure RB and a great pass catcher
10. Tyquan King- Big Strong RB and but also a great pass catcher.[/quote]
    If Avery McCall was available who would be the starting QB, Jay Lester has been very impressive and should receive many college offers. I have witnessed many teams over the past 30 years and granted there has been many great players but Avery McCall really was gifted at the QB position, he just made the defenses look silly.
      Just my opinion, but the 94’ Dillon team was loaded too. They were 4A and was Nationally ranked as high as #11, they had monsters on defense. That’s where Dillon got the name “NastyCats”. Greg Toland wbtw tv 13 sports anchor gave them that name back when Dillon had that incredible team and the name “NastyCats” has carried on through the years.
        Who remembers Derrick Hamilton from the 99’ team who went on to make receiving & all purpose yards records at Clemson. He completely shut down Roscoe Crosby of Union in the 3A State Championship , who also went to Clemson. Unfortunately, Dillon came up short in that game 28-25. A rematch this year would be fun. Go Cats!
        ImageACC Champions
        1 CAT FAN
        All-American

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:50 pm

[quote=“The Cats R Nasty”][quote=“BiLlYdAkIDd”][quote=“3-3 Stack”][quote=“PittBull”]Well....now that the argument about Dillon playing somebody with a legitimate schedule and winning record has been settled. Let’s move on to the real issue at hand....the Low State Title Game and a chance to go to State again!! Wade Hampton will be traveling to the White Walls to face the defending State Champions....Between the two....they’ve faced four common opponents and have come away with a 4-0 / 3-1 record. Not looking past anybody.....I’m sure that Wade Hampton will be getting Dillon’s full uninterrupted attention. That’s makes it really bad for them......because they’re standing in the way of another state championship and that’s a dangerous position to be in.[/quote]

you are 100% right...ask chesnee.......they were up on Brown and B-L 33-0 in the 2nd quarter and Brown did his magic and B-L won 34 - 33.......i never bet against dillon but this is a great coach they are playing against........B-L was insane to let him get away........[/quote]

Dillon’s focus was intense all week on our Defensive game plan. Defense wins Championships. May River beat these guys, and we destroyed May River. Should be a good game. If Dillon is on point, this will be another big win and trip to Cola[/quote]

now that the game is over i think you can see just how insane B-L was to let Brown get away..........he is one of my favorite coaches.........
        BiLlYdAkIDd
        Heisman

Previous

Return to Class 3A