Dillon vs Wade Hampton

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Dillon vs Wade Hampton

Postby PittBull » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:35 pm

Well....now that the argument about Dillon playing somebody with a legitimate schedule and winning record has been settled. Let's move on to the real issue at hand....the Low State Title Game and a chance to go to State again!! Wade Hampton will be traveling to the White Walls to face the defending State Champions....Between the two....they've faced four common opponents and have come away with a 4-0 / 3-1 record. Not looking past anybody.....I'm sure that Wade Hampton will be getting Dillon's full uninterrupted attention. That's makes it really bad for them......because they're standing in the way of another state championship and that's a dangerous position to be in.
PittBull
JV

Re: Dillon vs Wade Hampton

Postby 3-3 Stack » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:29 pm

[quote=“PittBull”]Well....now that the argument about Dillon playing somebody with a legitimate schedule and winning record has been settled. Let’s move on to the real issue at hand....the Low State Title Game and a chance to go to State again!! Wade Hampton will be traveling to the White Walls to face the defending State Champions....Between the two....they’ve faced four common opponents and have come away with a 4-0 / 3-1 record. Not looking past anybody.....I’m sure that Wade Hampton will be getting Dillon’s full uninterrupted attention. That’s makes it really bad for them......because they’re standing in the way of another state championship and that’s a dangerous position to be in.[/quote]
They better better give their full attention. The flexbone is a tough offense to stop if you haven't played against it.
3-3 Stack
All-American

Postby PittBull » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:28 pm

Well.....does beating up on Hartsville count? We scrimmage them every year for a tuneup, before the Jamborees, but that’s really the only team that runs that scheme that we’re exposed too. That being said, they run it as bout as good as anybody....besides, our defense is really adjustable to any scheme it sees....so we should be fine. We’ll definitely find out Friday night!!
PittBull
JV

Postby Justin54 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:38 am

It kills me when Dillon fans bring up beating Hartsville in a scrimmage this late in the year come on man look in that scrimmage we had a injured June bishop playing and tiyon Evans one of the best in the state didn't play now Dillon is great but if they lined up with Hartsville right now Hartsville would win that game hands down this is why these teams need to play settle the debate
Justin54
Freshman

Postby Nastycats1988 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:19 am

I will give you that. The fact that Tyon(Who is an ABSOLUTE MONSTER) wasn't playing makes me kind of not want to bring up that scrimmage. BUT I will say that this is the best offense we have EVER had in my opinion. We have had 13 DIFFERENT WR's catch the ball this year. Including The best SOPH WR in the state in my opinion in Ahmari Huggins Bruce. Kid has sub 4.4 speed and is a BLUR.(He got whatever he wanted in that scrimmage). Corrian Wright who can also Fly. We have only punted maybe what 5 times this year. Defense has only given up 62 points all year.

Undefeated May River(You saw them play and YOU said they were the team to beat in 3A :lol: got whooped from beginning of the game to the end!! You do know we called the dogs off in the 4th qtr. We could of EASILY put up 40- 50 points. Offense is just too good.

I just don't see a team that is PRIMARILY a running school beating us.
Dillon 2017-#Bringitback Mission Accomplished
08,09,12,,13,14,15,17- The Dynasty Continues
Nastycats1988
All-American

Postby The Cats R Nasty » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:02 am

Many people bash Dillon due to the weak schedule. Dillonation knows that our toughest games come around playoffs. We just line up across the field with whoever shows up. Dillon has the Best away win percentage in the state so it just don’t happen at home. We have ALWAYS been a smash mouth football program that has really stepped it up the last decade. We can run or pass on anybody! With 7 Championships in the last 10 years, you can’t say we are overrated and play a weak teams all the time cause we beat the best SC has to offer way more than anyone else. After watching some film on Wade Hampton running that flexbone type running game with big aggressive backs and line this will be our biggest challenge this year so far. If they cannot pass effectively, they will have problems. Our Defense has worked overtime this week to prepare for this. What they better realize is they have not played anyone like Dillon this year. Them getting beat by May River, someone we destroyed tells me that our road to Columbia is within reach... Sorry Chapman that you hit a road block, hope you are enjoying Basketball season.
The Cats R Nasty
Varsity

Postby All We Do Is Win » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:23 pm

[quote=“Nastycats1988”]I will give you that. The fact that Tyon(Who is an ABSOLUTE MONSTER) wasn’t playing makes me kind of not want to bring up that scrimmage. BUT I will say that this is the best offense we have EVER had in my opinion. We have had 13 DIFFERENT WR’s catch the ball this year. Including The best SOPH WR in the state in my opinion in Ahmari Huggins Bruce. Kid has sub 4.4 speed and is a BLUR.(He got whatever he wanted in that scrimmage). Corrian Wright who can also Fly. We have only punted maybe what 5 times this year. Defense has only given up 62 points all year.

Undefeated May River(You saw them play and YOU said they were the team to beat in 3A :lol: got whooped from beginning of the game to the end!! You do know we called the dogs off in the 4th qtr. We could of EASILY put up 40- 50 points. Offense is just too good.

I just don’t see a team that is PRIMARILY a running school beating us.[/quote]

There is no way you actually think this years team has the best offense we’ve ever had. Because they aren’t even close
We are the Best. We are Dillon. Strive for Five
All We Do Is Win
Varsity

Postby Nastycats1988 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:32 pm

Just my opinion man.I know Avery was good. Your bro Jamison was Good. We worship those Avery teams and put them on a pedestal but It is time to stop living in the past. They were good teams But I don’t feel like they had THIS MANY weapons. They had GREAT individual players such as your brother Jamison but AS A UNIT I FEEL THIS OFFENSE IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE SEEN. This team has about 10 Guys that are LEGIT homerun threats. You must haven’t seen this team play that much this year. They were games this year were the Ball didn't touch the ground until the 3rd quarter because of the efficiency Let me run them down.
1. Ahmari Huggins Bruce
2. Corrian Wright
3. Bobo Mckinnon- Pure hands and VERY elusive
4. Quashod Singleton-#23
5. Jerry Floyd- Would start WR for most other schools
6. Nigel George- Great Slot WR and RB
7. Justin Green- Big Strong WR who we mainly use at safety. But he really is fast and strong when ever he has touched the ball.
8. Jateil lester- Not as pure of a passer as Avery but is a big faster running the ball and is a HANDFUL. Time to start giving this young man his credit. He stepped out of Avery’s shadow last week. Kid Showed off Big time. The moves he was making was embarrassing towards the defense to say the least.
9. Nemo Squire- Great Pure RB and a great pass catcher
10. Tyquan King- Big Strong RB and but also a great pass catcher.
Dillon 2017-#Bringitback Mission Accomplished
08,09,12,,13,14,15,17- The Dynasty Continues
Nastycats1988
All-American

Postby PittBull » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:25 pm

[quote=“Justin54”]It kills me when Dillon fans bring up beating Hartsville in a scrimmage this late in the year come on man look in that scrimmage we had a injured June bishop playing and tiyon Evans one of the best in the state didn’t play now Dillon is great but if they lined up with Hartsville right now Hartsville would win that game hands down this is why these teams need to play settle the debate[/quote]

Justin54....I used Hartsville's scrimmage as an example of the only team that Dillon has faced, that remotely runs the same or similar offense as Wade Hampton. Sorry to offense you, but Dillon did beat up on Hartsville during that scrimmage, and Tiyon Evan may not have ran the QB spot, but did he not play during the scrimmage anyway? But your right about one thing....Dillon-Hartsville just needs to play each other during the preseason and get the argument over with about who's the best in the Pee Dee area.
PittBull
JV

Postby wildcat92 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:41 pm

[quote=“Nastycats1988”]Just my opinion man.I know Avery was good. Your bro Jamison was Good. We worship those Avery teams and put them on a pedestal but It is time to stop living in the past. They were good teams But I don’t feel like they had THIS MANY weapons. They had GREAT individual players such as your brother Jamison but AS A UNIT I FEEL THIS OFFENSE IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE SEEN. This team has about 10 Guys that are LEGIT homerun threats. You must haven’t seen this team play that much this year. They were games this year were the Ball didn’t touch the ground until the 3rd quarter because of the efficiency Let me run them down.
1. Ahmari Huggins Bruce
2. Corrian Wright
3. Bobo Mckinnon- Pure hands and VERY elusive
4. Quashod Singleton-#23
5. Jerry Floyd- Would start WR for most other schools
6. Nigel George- Great Slot WR and RB
7. Justin Green- Big Strong WR who we mainly use at safety. But he really is fast and strong when ever he has touched the ball.
8. Jateil lester- Not as pure of a passer as Avery but is a big faster running the ball and is a HANDFUL. Time to start giving this young man his credit. He stepped out of Avery’s shadow last week. Kid Showed off Big time. The moves he was making was embarrassing towards the defense to say the least.
9. Nemo Squire- Great Pure RB and a great pass catcher
10. Tyquan King- Big Strong RB and but also a great pass catcher.[/quote]
I have only been to a few games but I agree with you completely. Their definetly isn't a shortage of offensive weapons. I applaud the coaches for keeping everyone happy with their limited roles!
wildcat92
JV

Next

Return to Class 3A