Dillon Vs May River Highlights

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Dillon Vs May River Highlights

Postby Nastycats1988 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:26 am

Raw Highlights of Dillon vs May River!! I love the highlights that captures the emotion of the crowd!!

[urlhttps://twitter.com/ChrisParksWBTW/status/1066200333444091905][/url]
Dillon 2017-#Bringitback Mission Accomplished
08,09,12,,13,14,15,17- The Dynasty Continues
Nastycats1988
All-American

Re: Dillon Vs May River Highlights

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:37 pm

For a 12-0 undefeated team, May River didn’t have much fan support. Dillon needs another Mallard Creek type crowd. Maybe Havelock will bring a big crowd next year. Having a packed stadium brings tremendous excitement to the game. The roar of the crowd gets the players motivated. Wade Hampton you’re next!
ImageACC Champions
1 CAT FAN
All-American

Postby PittBull » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:59 pm

[quote=“1 CAT FAN”]For a 12-0 undefeated team, May River didn’t have much fan support. Dillon needs another Mallard Creek type crowd. Maybe Havelock will bring a big crowd next year. Having a packed stadium brings tremendous excitement to the game. The roar of the crowd gets the players motivated. Wade Hampton you’re next![/quote]
For a 12-0 team.....I was not impressed, and I expected alot more fight outta them. The goal line stance spoke volumes of their lack of determination to score. This is just me, but it appeared that after the opening tochdown in the third quarter, that they resigned to looking for a one score moral victory......and that's pathetic for a team at the level of competition. That's just my opinion....so I'll leave that right there. I felt they were really overrated though.
PittBull
JV

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:37 pm

May River was unable to come up with an answer for how to defeat the defending SCHSL Class AAA champion on the road Friday, falling to Dillon 38-2 in the Lower State semifinals.

Ahmad Green rushed for 139 yards in the loss, as the Sharks emptied the playbook in an effort to get a score against a team allowing about 6 points per game.

“That’s what we did Sunday. We just kind of went to work and started looking to see what we could find weakness-wise. There’s not a whole lot of weakness,” coach Rodney Summers said.

“They’ve got a lot of talent over there and it seems year in and year out they keep doing it, and there’s a reason they’ve only lost two games in five years.”

May River received the ball to open the game but misplayed the return and got pinned deep at its own 10-yard line. But then the Sharks did what seemed an impossible task coming into the game: move the ball on their first drive. The Sharks marched down the field by rushing Green and Brandon Morales and got to the Wildcat 28 in 10 plays. On the 11th play, however, Green dropped back for a pass and was picked off by cornerback Daizon Alford, who returned it 80 yards for the first score.

“Our question mark when we put the film on was, ‘Can we run the ball on these guys?’” Summers said.

“We knew it was going to be tough. After that drive, we were like, the kids came off the field like, ‘Hey, we can move the ball, we can run it coach.’”
    https://www.blufftontoday.com/news/20181123/may-rivers-playoff-run-ends-at-dillon
    ImageACC Champions
    1 CAT FAN
    All-American

Return to Class 3A