Why is everybody hung up on Chapman

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Why is everybody hung up on Chapman

Postby Justin54 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:33 am

I've seen some of their highlights and I'm not impressed the defense couldn't stop a nose bleed I'm probably wrong but I think Chester can beat them Camden should've beat them and in the regular season broome should've beat them I'm sure I'll get hammered for saying this but ain't no way Chapman is the best team in 3a tell you what I've seen Chapman's highlights and I seen may river play and may river would beat Chapman right now better than that 2a abbeville or barnwell would beat Chapman why because they don't know what defense looks like
Justin54
Freshman

Re: Why is everybody hung up on Chapman

Postby wildcatnation843 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:14 am

Justin54, I’ve seen this Chapman team in person against Woodruff on the night before Hurricane Florence hit the Pee Dee and I can tell you that you’re absolutely right about their defense. They give up too many yards on the ground and can’t stop the run to save their lives! Their defense is actually better in the secondary than upfront on the defensive line. It’s usually the other way around for most teams. As far as the upstate goes, most of us think that Chester will prevail in the end but that game is going to be at Chapman’s place where officiating could be a big factor in determining the winner & they’ve been known to cheat up there in Inman so I’ll guess we’ll have to see how this all plays out.
wildcatnation843
Varsity

Postby PittBull » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Somebody tell me please, where did Union County come from, and how have they managed to become a "Dark Horse" in this "Post Season Race"? How much of a threat do they really pose to the Upper State Contenders?
PittBull
JV

Postby slobber » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:01 pm

if UC does get to the "Big Dance" there will be some that will want to "drag them across the coals" for not staying in 4A.... < insert sad violin music here> :lol:
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

-Albert Einstein
slobber
JV

Postby footballfan6 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:39 pm

Chester better take Southside seriously!
footballfan6
Freshman

Postby PittBull » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:35 pm

[quote=“footballfan6”]Chester better take Southside seriously![/quote]

Why? I mean....at the stage in the season everybody's dangerous, but what makes Southside a viable threat? Offensive...Defense....A solid coaching core.....are they hitting their peak at the right time? What exactly?
PittBull
JV

Postby Bburg22 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:47 pm

Chapman better be focused on Union county tonight...union county is very capable of pulling out the win...
Bburg22
JV

Postby region2 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:01 pm

At this time of year, everybody is good. Always have a few pretenders that slip into 2nd round by luck of seeding, but get weeded out there. Southside is easy to doubt because of their history. But it should have gotten everyone's attention when the kicked Newberry in the mouth. Most, including myself, figured Strickland's team would just line up and Southside would be defenseless again their power game. Wrong. Well coached and have some hood athletes. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if they take Chester out. But at this point it often comes down to turnovers and mental mistakes. All of them can play
region2
All-American

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:39 pm

Will Dillon get a rematch with Union from the 1999 3A title game. Pete Yanity who once was the sports director wbtw tv13 Florence ( Yanity on sports ) stated that Chester is the team to beat in 3A, then goes on to say that Dillon is a perennial power.
    https://www.wspa.com/sports/high-school-football/3a-upper-state-playoffs-union-co-ends-chapman-s-unbeaten-season/1615512281
    ImageACC Champions
    1 CAT FAN
    All-American

Return to Class 3A