Chapman vs Camden: 2nd Round Upset Alert?

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Chapman vs Camden: 2nd Round Upset Alert?

Postby wildcatnation843 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:12 pm

Okay we all know that Chester has been one of the favorites to win State all season long but Camden gave them their toughest test of the season & this same Camden team defeated a very good Class 5A West Florence team so we can all assume that they will give Chapman fits as well. Sometimes it does come down to matchups though & how well a team’s secondary is against pass happy teams like Chapman. I don’t know for sure how this one will play out but it should be a tight contest just looking at how Camden has played this season against good competition. What do you guys think? Is there an upset brewing in Inman on Friday night or nah????
wildcatnation843
Varsity

Re: Chapman vs Camden: 2nd Round Upset Alert?

Postby TIM » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:58 pm

i think there are two very good matchups in which unbeatens could go down this week.
Camden just rolled Seneca and will have it's eyes set on upsetting Chapman. Don't know if they'll have enough juice to get it done but this should be a very good ball game.

Also, don't be surprised if Gilbert knocks off unbeaten May River this week.
PRIDE, CLASS, COURAGE AND THE WILL TO WIN
TIM
All-American

Postby wildcatnation843 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:45 pm

Tim, I'd love to see Camden get pass Chapman and face Chester again to get to Williams-Bryce but I hope you're wrong about Gilbert against May River. I've been looking forward to that matchup all season long since they emerged as a serious contender for the lower state. Dillon needs to face a team with a huge offensive line and a dual threat quarterback like the one May River has to get them ready for whomever will be waiting at Willy B's in December, but of course the Wildcats will have to continue to win also.
wildcatnation843
Varsity

Postby PittBull » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:57 pm

I’m on the “Upset Alert” Band-Wagon with Camden pulling out a squeaker. I just don’t see Chapman’s defense holding up the entire game. They give up way to many points and at this stage of the season.....defense is what will extend your season, not trading touchdowns, and hoping that your the last team with the ball.

However, Camden did lose two OT games to Indian Land & Chester....and also to the really good explosive Hartsville Red Foxes, whom they held to 35pts.....all three going into the 2nd Rd of the playoffs. I just feel that defense will prevail here, and the high scoring offensive machine won’t be able to bail them out of a defensive vice grip. All of the 2nd round games are interesting, but this one has the most upset potential out there, and I think the Bulldogs will pull it off.

As for the May River & Gilbert.....we’ll play anybody, and big lines with dual-threat QB’s are always on the agenda. The problem that these big O-Lines have going up against Dillon is the lack up speed needed to keep our D-Line in check from creaming your QB’s. We’ll be ready for whoever is left standing after tomorrow night. But we need to tend to our own piece of business first, then we’ll start sorting through the remains of the field on Saturday morning.
PittBull
JV

Postby All We Do Is Win » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:29 pm

West Florence is not a good 5A team they have played a weak weak schedule
We are the Best. We are Dillon. Strive for Five
All We Do Is Win
Varsity

Postby wildcat92 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:05 pm

[quote=“All We Do Is Win”]West Florence is not a good 5A team they have played a weak weak schedule[/quote]
How did we get West Florence in this conversation?
wildcat92
JV

Postby All We Do Is Win » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:12 pm

[quote=“wildcat92”][quote=“All We Do Is Win”]West Florence is not a good 5A team they have played a weak weak schedule[/quote]
How did we get West Florence in this conversation?[/quote]

Because someone said “Camden defeated a very good 5A WF team” I was just stating that WF isn’t good, therefore Camden isn’t that good
We are the Best. We are Dillon. Strive for Five
All We Do Is Win
Varsity

Postby wildcatnation843 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:06 am

West Florence got a good running game and their schedule is as good or better than Dillon’s schedule. I’m just saying.....it’s not like Dillon has played anybody either.
wildcatnation843
Varsity

Postby PittBull » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:53 am

[quote=“All We Do Is Win”]West Florence is not a good 5A team they have played a weak weak schedule[/quote]

The purpose for using West Florence in this conversation as an example, was to highlight the “Fact” that Camden’s defense held a high scoring offensive team at 49.1 pts per game to 28, and won that particular game. I used this example to further assist in explaining my prediction for Camden upsetting Chapman tonight. That being said, West Florence is a good team!! In my opinion there schedule isn’t weak....it is what it is!!! They're rank 10th in the Max Prep poll & 11th in the HSSR Poll. They have a great chance of beating Fort Dorchester tonight, and I hope that they do.....being a Pee Dee team & all. Anyway, all that just to say again, I think that Camden’s defense will hold down Chapman’s offense enough to pull the upset. Chapman struggled in the 1st half last week to then upset minded Emerald team who has been playing more competitive late in the season, but still losing close games in the end. But just like all the other comments on here.....it’s just my opinion and what I think. But the facts and numbers don’t lie. Camden has played some high-powered offenses the year, and held them down, regardless whether they won or not.
PittBull
JV

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:13 am

I remember the last time Dillon played West Florence. 2003 playoffs Dillon was upset 14 - 7. West Florence earned a trip to the 3A State Championship losing to Greer 33 - 17. Dillon and WF haven’t squared off since, that’s a long time for a school that’s just 30 minutes away, yet Dillon had two open dates this season.
ImageACC Champions
1 CAT FAN
All-American

Next

Return to Class 3A