Strom Thurmond vs Wade Hampton 2nd Round playoffs

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Re: Strom Thurmond vs Wade Hampton 2nd Round playoffs

Postby ST Rebels 72 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:37 pm

[quote=“clutch”]WH played y’all in the 70′s. Yeh, I’m that old. Y’all used to wup us
good. Hope WH can pay back the favor this year. :x[/quote]

If I’m not mistaken, we played in 2016 and we won 24-0 in WH
PRIDE, CLASS, COURAGE AND THE WILL TO WIN
ST Rebels 72
All-American

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:36 pm

[quote=“TIM”][quote=“96fanatic”]they will be well coached.the coach
is JERRY BROWN.
he use to coach at
BERKELEY and was the coach at B-L
a few years ago when they won the state.
should be a good game.
GO GET’EM REBELS![/quote]

major concern for me. i know we have the talent but Dr. Jerry is a legend. Hopefully the Rebs get the win.[/quote]

What Brown did down here in B-L in 2 years was amazing......he knows how to run the option.........nobody is better...............
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby slobber » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:07 pm

a tidbit i was reading about low state WHHS ---> Wade Hampton was known in the past for being a basketball power house. Led by legendary Coach Phillip Strother, WHHS won multiple state championships in the 80's and 9 regional titles in that decade alone. They also saw a resurgence from 2007-2012 under the guidance of then coach Shelby Strother, by winning 4 conference championships and making it to the state semi finals in 2009. This era also saw the team produce multiple All State players with three also playing in the North vs South All Star Game.(Joshua James,Jeremy Ford, Cory Magwood)....source---> wikipedia :geek:
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

-Albert Einstein
slobber
JV

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:24 pm

Jerry Brown strikes again......and ST does what it always does.......2nd round out.........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby TIM » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:48 pm

1st thing congratulations to wade hampton, they were the better team and wanted it more.

2nd -shout out to pernell (#45) rb wade hampton, he never went down on the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd hit. he's a beast. dr. jerry ran a dive play for about 300 yards against us. :oops: that was tough to watch. our offense was out of sync most of the night too, that was even tougher to watch. :oops: :oops:

WH had maybe 30 players on their sideline. Those boys were physical and played hard the entire game, can't take anything away from them. ST of old would have worn them out and broke their spirits by the 3rd qtr. ST of old is no more. different day, different team, different game i guess.

stands were 80% empty on the home side for a 2nd round matchup of 9-2 teams. unheard of at ST where friday night football once was king. disappointing to say the least.

there's always next year, but seems we are getting same results each time we face a quality opponent or a well coached team in the playoffs. someone needs to figure this out quickly.
TIM
All-American

Postby TIM » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:51 pm

[quote=“BiLlYdAkIDd”]Jerry Brown strikes again......and ST does what it always does.......2nd round out.........[/quote]

wish i could argue with you but.... :( :( :( :( :oops: :oops: :oops:
TIM
All-American

Previous

Return to Class 3A