Clinton

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Clinton

Postby region2 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:45 pm

I know it has been about a decade since they last won state under Young. But what has happened to this program? I know times change but Clinton isn't even competitive anymore. Offense is anemic, and their defense is worse. Union could have easily hung 80-90 on them last night if they hadn't been merciful in the 2nd half. Just hard to figure how such a proud program could fall this far.
region2
All-American

Re: Clinton

Postby slobber » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:04 pm

to be fair about it the tv announcers said Clinton had lost some of their best players to injuries..last week they lost a starting qb..and some other important starters and when you add that to an already down year its rough going...im sure they will see better days soon
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

-Albert Einstein
slobber
JV

Postby 96fanatic » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:43 pm

man i remember back in the 70's when the
RED DEVILS had players like ROSCO WATSON,
KEVIN LONG,HAROLD GOGGINS,JD FULLER and
a bunch of others.coach RICHARDSON had some
teams back then.i went to several play-off games
to watch them back then..
96fanatic
All-American

Postby region2 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:26 pm

[quote=“slobber”]to be fair about it the tv announcers said Clinton had lost some of their best players to injuries..last week they lost a starting qb..and some other important starters and when you add that to an already down year its rough going...im sure they will see better days soon[/quote]

Problems are bigger than that. They could have brought Tom Brady in to play QB and it wouldn't have made much difference. No blocking up front at all. Maybe they did have some players out. Everybody does this time of year. Noticed Union had 4-5 on the sidelines in street clothes. And this just wasn't a deal that popped up Friday night. Folks been beating them badly for a while. Sad to see a program that used to strike fear in folks be reduced to what it is now.
region2
All-American

Return to Class 3A