Emerald Coaching

The board dedicated to the Class 3A schools in South Carolina. Follow the schools here in their drive for a trip to Columbia.

Re: Emerald Coaching

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:02 am

I have watched emerald football since they first built the school and the pattern seems to be the same.........loads of talent with a history of underachievement........there have been some real good emerald teams through the years but still its been mostly a roller coaster ride up and down........in some ways they are a bigger version of mc cormick........all kinds of talent with little to show for it..........emerald has a diverse group of players, some are from very stable homes where others come from very challenging environments........in my opinion, the key there is to have a coach who can connect with all of these different types of kids, especially the ones from challenging situations........the talent is definitely there and always has been........just have to have the right guy in charge who can harvest all that talent and get it all going in the right direction.........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby No Fly Zone » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:14 pm

I expected TL Hanna to roll over Emerald, but their defense is just pitiful.

It's time for them to give the keys to someone else...
No Fly Zone
Freshman

Postby No Fly Zone » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:03 pm

So much talent on that defense and they are getting killed every week.

McMahon has to make some changes.
No Fly Zone
Freshman

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:08 pm

[quote=“No Fly Zone”]So much talent on that defense and they are getting killed every week.

McMahon has to make some changes.[/quote]

From the 2-A board.........

Re: Abbeviile @ Emerald
Postby Total Dominance » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:11 pm

The final score is very deceiving, with a running clock the entire second half. Abbeville could have easily dropped 75+ on Emerald. A-Town pulled their starters after the first drive of the second half (52-10). Emerald’s two touchdowns came off a kickoff return and the other was against the Panthers’ second and third team subs late in the game.
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby abbevillemike » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:21 pm

I was at the game tonight and this game would have been much worse without the running clock. A team with Emeralds talent level and size should be playing much better. I hope the coaches get it figured out soon. If not it's going to be a long year. Good luck to the Vikings and as always go PANTHERS!!!!
abbevillemike
Freshman

Postby *Topcat* » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:05 am

Emerald does less with more than any high school team I know of. Period.
*Topcat*
All-American

Postby eagle93 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:41 pm

[quote=”*Topcat*”]Emerald does less with more than any high school team I know of. Period.[/quote]

I don't know. It's debatable. They're loaded.
eagle93
All-American

Postby No Fly Zone » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:23 pm

[quote=”*Topcat*”]Emerald does less with more than any high school team I know of. Period.[/quote]

They've lost a lot of good young coaches over the past few years as well. It's like musical chairs over there.

That staff has four or five men that have head coaching experience and that team is playing this poorly? What gives? McMahon has too many roosters in his hen house and it's very apparent if you're paying close attention. Deal has far to much sway and free reign over there.

I question how some of those Greenwood kids actually ended up over there. What happens in the dark will come to light.
No Fly Zone
Freshman

Postby No Fly Zone » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:52 pm

Another week, another loss.

This team is sloppy, undisciplined, and just flat out unprepared each and every week.

Changes have to be made. Too much talent on that team for these kind of performances.
No Fly Zone
Freshman

Postby Viking Pride » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:23 am

This was supposed to be one of the better teams in 3A football and they can't even win a game. This looks like one of Emerald's biggest coaching staffs in years and they have absolutely no control over those kids.

It starts at the top. Parents have been calling for McMahon to be fired for years now. It's time for GWD 50 to listen up.
Viking Pride
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 3A