Union County head coaching vacancy finalists

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Union County head coaching vacancy finalists

Postby bhmccorm » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:13 am

Down to three candidates, including one from Rock Hill http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/high ... 23174.html
bhmccorm
Freshman

Re: Union County head coaching vacancy finalists

Postby 5thqtr » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:27 pm

This could be "HUGE"! Coach McManus offensive guidance has been a difference maker for us. As well as having some outstanding talent for him to work with. The same as he would have in UC.
I thought he did an outstanding job with DK and GR as far as passing the football. They both became lethal passers who (if given time in the pocket) could beat you from there. Often times they would have to scramble out of danger; and this is where some called our offense backyard football. But, when given time, our offense could move through the air with anybody!
The timing of this "stinks"! Will we have enough time to get a good OC? I would think there would be OC willing to come to South Pointe; but would the "suddenness" work! I guess stay tuned.
UC would do well to hire him; as no doubt they are a school with no shortage of raw athleticism. It's just having the right HC in place to shape and mold it into a program. Plus, he is now a SP "insider" if you will.
***Coach H*** I know I get no vote; but if Coach M gets the job I vote for another Air Raid coach who has some history working closely with OL> This past year being somewhat of an anomaly(2008 the other) we had a really good OL. Nice size. If our QB's are not getting time we would need that offense or nothing less than a "highly mobile QB"! Air Raid does not require dominant OL. My two pennies!

But, good luck to Coach M! He deserves a shot at being a HC!
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby IDGAF » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:17 pm

decision announced tomorrow...it will be the South Pointe OC
IDGAF
Freshman

Postby Wildstallion2 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:49 pm

South Pointe Offensive coordinator turns down Union County Head Football Coaching Job. http://www.wrhi.com/2018/05/south-point ... job-142229
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Return to Class 4A