Wildstallion2 - South Pointe Preview

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Wildstallion2 - South Pointe Preview

Postby PurpleandOrange » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:13 pm

Wildstallion2 how about give us your preview on SP competing for a 5th straight State Championship. Everyone knows DK, Potter, and Adams are gone but what is left in the cupboard? Is Steele locked in a QB? Any surprises coming?
PurpleandOrange
Freshman

Re: Wildstallion2 - South Pointe Preview

Postby Wildstallion2 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:09 pm

PurpleandOrange, with South Pointe this coming season, get ready for the Land of the Giants, as South Pointes D-Line and O-Line will be Hugh, I also heard of a transfer that is 6 Foot 8, that will be playing wide receiver, it seems that everyone on the team will be over 6 Feet tall, except maybe the running backs, but they will muscled up with big thighs, and will be hard to stop, Tahleek Steele should have all the time in the world to find his targets. Get ready to hear of some new Star players names, because South Pointe has plenty of players to reload with.
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Postby PurpleandOrange » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:43 am

That sounds very promising. I do hope that SP keeps rolling right along. Now I will be pulling for NW in the opener but I only want to win if it is due to improvement on our side of town. Not including DK who is an insane talent but the biggest difference in SP and NW to me last season was the size of the linemen. For NW this was actually a problem in multiple matchups. If your playing with smaller linemen then they better have excellent coaching and a do or die effort in the weight room. I am ready to see them get back to it.
PurpleandOrange
Freshman

Postby sportguy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:03 pm

looking at the roster and i dont see much but i guess u never know
sportguy
Freshman

Postby AMA-MAN » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:23 pm

They will get -stronger -faster and bigger-- they will reload and improvement will be the norm for those coming up to the Varsity. Yeah, I t is a given they'll get three or four transfers
AMA-MAN
Freshman

Postby Wildstallion2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:00 pm

Sportguy, One name that you will be hearing this 2018 season is Ty Good, he had 9 touchdowns last season, that sounds just a little above average, but South Pointe had so many play makers last season it was hard for any one player to shine, with Derion Kendrick doing his thing, even Steven Gilmore didn’t get the all touches he wanted, Ty Good will have many more touches this coming season. Isaac Ross is another rising star, look for a lot more of the ball being spread around to different play makers this coming season. South Pointe's Running backs Joe Erivn had 17 Touchdowns, and Marice Whitlock with 14 Touchdowns last season, look for bigger numbers from these two this coming season. Dwayne Davis will be South Pointe's new Eli Adams.
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Return to Class 4A