5A BUFORD VS 4A SOUTH POINTE

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

5A BUFORD VS 4A SOUTH POINTE

Postby Wildstallion2 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:38 am

This should be a good match-up game for South Pointe against a Georgia Powerhouse, The 5A Buford Wolves. Playing Buford will help SP get ready for their conference. Buford has played in the Georgia state championship game for an astonishing 10 consecutive seasons, winning four straight titles from 2007-10 and three more in a row from 2012-14. Buford also was pivotal in state titles from 2001-03, the Wolves establish a new state record with 47 straight victories.
164-12 record, good for a 93.2 winning percentage. South Pointe will be playing Buford at SP on September 15.
Wildstallion2
JV

Re: 5A BUFORD VS 4A SOUTH POINTE

Postby NAmAN » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:10 pm

Should be a great game. I've seen Buford in the Georgia dome, on tv, several times and they are very good. They have always had a running back in the mold of the kid from South Aiken and they play very good defense. Would be great if it's televised.
NAmAN
Freshman

Postby 5thqtr » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:14 pm

All I can say is: " you can't be good if you ducking competition "! Even the greatest, Muhammad Ali in his prime was beaten. But, is still remembered even after death as, " The Greatest "!

Shelby 4 straight! And, loaded with a bunch of the Gaffney Littlejohns around that part of the country. Suratts.
Mallard Creek.
Independence. They had fell off a bit but the point was "not at the time it was originally scheduled, I don't believe"!
Byrnes - when JFB is good they one of the best in the nation. We have lined up in game like scrimmages for how many consecutive years now!
Northwestern is one of the best in the nation when they rolling! Frequent name in national polls.
Traveled up I-85 then I-95 to Baltimore to play a city of Baltimore all star team! Who had just taken on 27 players from another powerhouse private school.
Played West Rowan who at one point was threatening the Indy record for consecutive wins. I believe their streak was snapped @ 78. And, went to Mt. Ulla to play them!

*** Point being as Ric Flair said so many years ago, " to be the man, you have to beat the man"! And you can't do that, " if you don't compete against the man"! -last part was 5thqtr.

Just :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: when people get on here and act like somebody supposed to be scared to play them! For What! We win we win! We lose we lose. A competitors mentality is: " I knew I was better, just proved it" or " I'm still better, they just got lucky, let's go again"!

-Never Scared though! Never worried! Never afraid to lose!
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby 5thqtr » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:24 pm

The Stallions are going to have to grind out this summer! Bigger, faster, stronger, wiser and more focused than ever!
Even with a bunch of talent returning; the new guys stepping in as talented as they are. These two programs as well as the rest of our schedule are a bunch of prideful teams! Northwestern speaks for itself. Rock Hill High was undefeated in 2009 state champs as late as 2004 and 2002. Pride being restored there. York was just in the championship game what two years ago.
RNE is always loaded with athletes.
Westwood loaded with athletes.
Lancaster has been to a few semi-finals over the last 5 years( not consecutive).
Ridgeview has P. Parks who I really like as a HC. I think he is going to get it done one day down there or somewhere! Plus, they loaded with talent!

Nation Ford if you look over the last 3 years has one of the best winning % in the state.

Tough slate of games; but these Stallions this year " HAVE THE POTENTIAL" to handle it. If they put in the work and put themselves in position for success; the talent is there to big things again this year! But, nothing is guaranteed. Nor is anything promised just because WE ARE SOUTH POINTE! "WORK"!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:25 pm

MY FORMER HIGH SCHOOL CLASSMATE AND FRIEND LIVES IN BUFORD, GEORGIA AND HAS KIDS THAT PLAY FOR BUFORD. BUFORD HAS A TERRIFIC FOOTBALL PROGRAM AND MOST OF THEIR ATHLETIC TEAMS ARE PRETTY GOOD. THIS SOUNDS LIKE A PRETTY GOOD GAME. GOOD LUCK TO SOUTH POINTE IN THIS GAME.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Head Football Coach Mark Clifford's Record 102-57 after his 13th season at Beaufort
Beaufort State Titles in Football 2
Go Beaufort Eagles!!!! Go USC Gamecocks!!!!
BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
All-American

Postby creekball » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:26 am

Scouting report Buford.

Christian Turner: RB, rating 3 Star Rivals over 20 FBS offers
Anthony Grant: ATH, rating 4 Star Scout,#1 ranked ATH in Ga.
Brock Mattison: OLB, DE, rating 3 star rivals, 10+ FBS offers
Bryon Richardson: S,WR, rating scout 3 star with numerous mid major offers

Biggs OL avearage about 6'4" 290,majority juniors. They will be breaking in new QB.
Scary thing about Ga schools, like last year Grayson #1 in GA, by the end of the summer they had 10 new FBS players. Kids really move around. You never know who you're playing until they hit the field.

Head Coach Jess Simpson left for new opportunity with Ga. State only to leave after a few months to become assistant defensive line coach for the Atlanta Falcons. He will be replaced by Roswell's John Ford.

His previous Team (Ford) finished as the state runner-up in Georgia’s largest classification the past two seasons, including an overtime loss in the finals to Grayson last month.

This will be a big game for sure. Previous Coach Jess Simpson was making $174,107.65 annually. WOW!
creekball
Freshman

Postby 5thqtr » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:36 am

My apologies WS2 - ( on the pm ).

Apparently this school grew a bunch in 2 years or something! I looked at a couple places and it indicated the enrollment of Buford as 1, 141. Which is less than SP.

But, this confirms they are indeed 5A. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddsn60NI3iw

But, based off:
https://www.bing.com/search?q=buford+high+school&filters=ufn%3a%22buford+high+school%22+sid%3a%2223f509e6-dac5-499c-5bd3-de192b45076e%22+catguid%3a%2223f509e6-dac5-499c-5bd3-de192b45076e_cfb02057%22+segment%3a%22generic.carousel%22+entitysegment%3a%22School%22&FORM=SNAPST
5thqtr
All-American

Postby btango » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:56 pm

Buford was AAA until 2014 when they went to AAAA (five classes / six champions) winning a title their first year in the larger classification. Last season GA went to seven classifications and eight champions. 1A is split for the playoffs into private and public since 2012 season. Buford went to AAAAA with the new alignment numbers.
btango
JV

Postby 5thqtr » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:14 pm

Thanks Btango!

It probably gets real messy in GA. with regard to school size/ how teams are constructed. Btango If I am not mistaken they have more classifications than Florida? FLA. is by far the more populated state though. Wonder if they had some folks feeling slighted or put at a disadvantage from a competition stand point; thus the rule change.
Whatever works for the great state of Georgia I guess! W/O knowing; just screams some of the same complaints we had here.
5thqtr
All-American

Postby ORabidOne » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:05 pm

[quote=“Wildstallion2”]This should be a good match-up game for South Pointe against a Georgia Powerhouse, The 5A Buford Wolves. Playing Buford will help SP get ready for their conference. Buford has played in the Georgia state championship game for an astonishing 10 consecutive seasons, winning four straight titles from 2007-10 and three more in a row from 2012-14. Buford also was pivotal in state titles from 2001-03, the Wolves establish a new state record with 47 straight victories.
164-12 record, good for a 93.2 winning percentage. South Pointe will be playing Buford at SP on September 15.[/quote]

Several points of contention, IF I may! FIRST of ALL, the game is apparently a buyout game for South Pointe.($15,000) And will be played AT Buford! Although Buford IS a 5A school, Georgia has 7A!(two divisions in the A classification making eight payoff classifications all told)

NOW, the GOOD news! Although Buford has won a ton of games. They are mostly against schools with much smaller talent pools! Buford is an open enrollment metro ATL high school, in a county of 900,000! And draws players from three other neighboring counties as well! They have a new coach this season from a 7A power, so look for them to open up the offense into the Spread! They have traditionally been a three yards and a cloud of dust team, who has merely overpowered their smaller opponents! Safe travels, cause Rock Hill to Buford is a HAUL! Just fer giggles though! Their visitor's stands hold 800! :lol:
ORabidOne
Freshman

Next

Return to Class 4A