Eastside

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Eastside

Postby daCoacher » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:45 pm

So what is going on at Eastside? No one is saying a word.
Those that can do... those that can't coach.
daCoacher
JV

Re: Eastside

Postby region2 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:02 pm

They are progressing in their search. School of thought a couple of weeks back was that the interim was a slam dunk for the job. But it seems that may be taking a different course. Maybe they have realized that they need to totally get away from anyone that had anything to do with the Steve Wilson situation. One positive thing on the Eastside front is that I understand that one particular coach behind all of the drama has been told that he will not be returning to Eastside. Be an interesting pick. Doubt there are many big time names that Eastside could lure anyway, and most probably figure that the place is now a dumpster fire the way the Wilson issue was handled. Whomever takes the job is going to have to heal that program before he even can think about football.
region2
All-American

Postby daCoacher » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:32 am

Great Hire Eastside. Dan Morgan will do great. If they thought the offense was great last year- wait until these kids play for Coach Morgan and his version of the Air Raid/RPO/Spread. These kids are in for a treat!

Now- on a sour note- word is some around Taylors are trying to Sabatoge the new coach. People are so sad- let the kids form their own opinions- they will love playing for Coach Morgan!
daCoacher
JV

Postby epoe » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:48 am

Eastside is a melting pot of poor leadership. Morgan will learn the same hard lesson the last two coaches have - weak leadership at school level, and a parent base along with a booster club that try to be too hands on spoils the mix. Until Eastside gets a strong administration and a booster club that does its job, which is to support not to influence - then it will be another 2 to 3 years of celebrating mediocrity until the next flavor of the month comes along. I hope for the kids that the adults allow Morgan a fair chance, but from what Ive seen - the parents staying out of things isnt Eastsides strong suit.
epoe
Freshman

Postby joefrombelton2 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:32 pm

Hopefully they allow Morgan to go in there and work. Hopefully kids respond well and they can build something there.
joefrombelton2
Freshman

Postby blister » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:40 pm

Eastside made the right decision in hiring someone that didn't have their fingers in the mess that has been Eastside football for the last couple of months.

And I see that epoe has made another appearance. Its over. Get over it. You lost your prized possession chasing something that was never going to materialize anyway.
blister
Freshman

Postby epoe » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:46 am

True I am disheartened by how it went - but feel Eastside got the right guy for its program - a mediocre 29-20 coach with more ties to district office.... you got me - onward to mediocrity!!!
epoe
Freshman

Postby daCoacher » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:49 pm

epoe wrote:True I am disheartened by how it went - but feel Eastside got the right guy for its program - a mediocre 29-20 coach with more ties to district office.... you got me - onward to mediocrity!!!

What exactly were you wanting at Eastside?????? You got a great coach who is in it for the KIDS- that is a good hire and Eastside is LUCKY!
daCoacher
JV

Postby baller4life » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:45 pm

Boosters have to let Morgan coach. They will never be a state contender. The student athletes for football just aren't at the school. Wish him the best. Will Morgan be on defense or offense side of ball?
baller4life
Freshman

Postby region2 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:38 pm

epoe wrote:True I am disheartened by how it went - but feel Eastside got the right guy for its program - a mediocre 29-20 coach with more ties to district office.... you got me - onward to mediocrity!!!

? Exactly what did you expect Eastside to be able to lure with their sterling tradition in football? Bobby Bentley? Maybe Rush Propst out of Georgia? Not sure what happened at Blythwood, but getting a guy with a winning record as a head coach is probably more than they could have hoped for.
region2
All-American

Return to Class 4A