A GOOD MATCH-UP FOR SOUTH POINTE.

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Re: A GOOD MATCH-UP FOR SOUTH POINTE.

Postby 5thqtr » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:24 pm

btango wrote:
5thqtr wrote:Wildstallion - all I will say is, I am going to have to verify that story about the private school and MC. Also, verify what their record was " that year "! Often teams " possibly " are ranked high at the beginning of a season. But, it is due to what the previous team did. Don't fall for that!

Mallard Creek played at home against McDonough out of Maryland in 2015 winning 28-7. MC controlled the game even though their most important player, the QB, did not play. MC went to a basic running game. McD would lose the next week by three to a strong private and then in the private school state title game by a TD to Gilman. Gilman is a nationally recognized program and their only loss that season was to the Ohio big school champion, St Edwards.

Great! I won't follow this dude's obvious disrespect for SC ball. But, great for them! It don't matter what people on the outside think. From when I was in school to now; the goal is a State Championship! CB - if you all getting them, great! But, no reason to put down anybody else! But, since you stooping. You sure didn't in 2016 did you?
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby btango » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:34 pm

5thqtr wrote:
All the same stuff every year about why X team can't stay on the field with MC. Why they the best team in the Carolinas. I mean, " pah lease "! Just like I told btango years ago during Independence run. Play some teams who can punch you back and some of that bully ball you do in Charlotte Mecka 7 Mecka 8 oh, it doesn't matter what it is...................won't happen! Elder................fade to the corner..........................winning streak over! One of the last times NCHSA let a team play out of state if memory serves! Feel free and correct me if wrong ( I think Vance went to Va last year ) may have been more. MC to SC to play Byrnes and Dillon.

2007 Indy lost two other games besides Elder and had another couple they could have easily lost. Most will tell you that was their weakest team in the streak. You write that SP was hosed by the refs in Maryland. I would say that Indy had several entities working against them.

I have agreed that Indy would not had the streak if they would have played 4A D1 in SC but I think they would have won several state titles. Remember everyone laughed at Knotts when he applied for SC schools saying that it was different. Those same people laughed when he took the Dutch Fork job. He told me it was different, "SC treats football special. It is like I died and went to football heaven." All one had to do was see the facilities and finances at Indy and they would understand. They do not things like academics get in the way (quote from a friend that has been a principal at football powers in both states).

NCHSAA has no rule about teams playing out of state. They do not allow live television but I think this would be modified for a regular season Saturday game. Many border schools play out of state games. When Myrtle Beach beat Daniel for the state title a few years ago they had been pounded by five TDs by Richmond County in the regular season. Richmond lost badly in the second round of the playoffs. Mallard Creek played at Chester to fill out their schedule one season. Indy played Spartanburg and South Pointe. One of the biggest issues to scheduling two game deals (and even arranging one offs) is the two states do not align or set contracts the same years.
btango
JV

Postby 5thqtr » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:44 pm

btango wrote:
5thqtr wrote:
All the same stuff every year about why X team can't stay on the field with MC. Why they the best team in the Carolinas. I mean, " pah lease "! Just like I told btango years ago during Independence run. Play some teams who can punch you back and some of that bully ball you do in Charlotte Mecka 7 Mecka 8 oh, it doesn't matter what it is...................won't happen! Elder................fade to the corner..........................winning streak over! One of the last times NCHSA let a team play out of state if memory serves! Feel free and correct me if wrong ( I think Vance went to Va last year ) may have been more. MC to SC to play Byrnes and Dillon.

2007 Indy lost two other games besides Elder and had another couple they could have easily lost. Most will tell you that was their weakest team in the streak. You write that SP was hosed by the refs in Maryland.5thqtr did not said, they had control of the game but the size wore the Stallions out. You can go back and find several post where I said, kudos to SFA, never said we got hosed btango.....get it right! I would say that Indy had several entities working against them.

I have agreed that Indy would not had the streak if they would have played 4A D1 in SC but I think they would have won several state titles. Remember everyone laughed at Knotts when he applied for SC schools saying that it was different. Those same people laughed when he took the Dutch Fork job. Knotts and DF are doing great things but he is not doing it back to back to back like in NC. But, on another note does validate what I think about Rock Hill High. It is not just players. DF use to stink it up; now they are awesome! He told me it was different, "SC treats football special. It is like I died and went to football heaven." All one had to do was see the facilities and finances at Indy and they would understand. They do not things like academics get in the way (quote from a friend that has been a principal at football powers in both states).

NCHSAA has no rule about teams playing out of state. They do not allow live television but I think this would be modified for a regular season Saturday game. Many border schools play out of state games. When Myrtle Beach beat Daniel for the state title a few years ago they had been pounded by five TDs by Richmond County in the regular season. Richmond lost badly in the second round of the playoffs. So, what you saying? How many more football teams on different levels have to prove the team you play early season is not the same @ the end of the year. A novice football fan knows that man........come'on! Mallard Creek played at Chester to fill out their schedule one season. Indy played Spartanburg and South Pointe. One of the biggest issues to scheduling two game deals (and even arranging one offs) is the two states do not align or set contracts the same years.
5thqtr
All-American

Postby 5thqtr » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:50 pm

All I will say is...................as I have stated several times before.................. I have zero...........zuilch...............nada..............desire to go to any NC high school football boards. None. Why? I don't care what they think! Or if they think football was invented in NC. Or if they think they football is better than the universe or just SC ball. It makes no difference. But, for people to come on a SC board and spend precious time away from life to just " downgrade" is beyond me!

Big powerful NC changed the shrine bowl time b/c they was complaining that the best players were not represented. They was playing @ state that weekend. Changed the format and while NC has won............so has " poor little SC " who still holds the lead in the series! Including a 7 year streak! LOL! But, we can't play no ball.

I have no idea. But, must be a bunch of whiny babies as HS football fans from NC. Good Grief!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby creekball » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:06 pm

5thqtr wrote:
btango wrote:
5thqtr wrote:Wildstallion - all I will say is, I am going to have to verify that story about the private school and MC. Also, verify what their record was " that year "! Often teams " possibly " are ranked high at the beginning of a season. But, it is due to what the previous team did. Don't fall for that!

Mallard Creek played at home against McDonough out of Maryland in 2015 winning 28-7. MC controlled the game even though their most important player, the QB, did not play. MC went to a basic running game. McD would lose the next week by three to a strong private and then in the private school state title game by a TD to Gilman. Gilman is a nationally recognized program and their only loss that season was to the Ohio big school champion, St Edwards.

Great! I won't follow this dude's obvious disrespect for SC ball. But, great for them! It don't matter what people on the outside think. From when I was in school to now; the goal is a State Championship! CB - if you all getting them, great! But, no reason to put down anybody else! But, since you stooping. You sure didn't in 2016 did you?

OH! OH! Little Johnny went in the Vault! How long have those post been effecting you? We could have talked about it! You really shouldn't carry stuff around like that. Dabo Swinney is the one who stopped! Evidently he know's something, you don't want to talk about. Gotta graduate son! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
creekball
Freshman

Postby 5thqtr » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:11 pm

creekball wrote:
5thqtr wrote:
btango wrote:

OH! OH! Little Johnny went in the Vault! How long have those post been effecting you? We could have talked about it! You really shouldn't carry stuff around like that. Dabo Swinney is the one who stopped! Evidently he know's something, you don't want to talk about. Gotta graduate son! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again, going 3rd grade and trying to insult me. You aren't talented enough! And, 5th just has an awesome memory! That was so absurd you tend to remember crazy stuff like that.............you know all about it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
5thqtr
All-American

Postby creekball » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:13 pm

Not leaving the 3rd grade is why Kids can't get in Clemson!
Gotta get us something better than a State Championship and a 2.0 gpa! You'll never leave this board! Lmao!
creekball
Freshman

Postby 5thqtr » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:27 pm

creekball wrote:Not leaving the 3rd grade is why Kids can't get in Clemson!
Gotta get us something better than a State Championship and a 2.0 gpa! You'll never leave this board! Lmao!

LOL, your desperate now! You have no clue about the BA. About the job! About any of it obviously! So, you try and deflect the fact you were just proven an integrity-less person. I guess, congrats son! But, been there done that. Still acting as if you were the 1st. You were the 1st person to go to college. MC was the 1st to win a football state championship. And, I guess you think your the only one too, LOL! Ummm! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
5thqtr
All-American

Postby creekball » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:36 pm

5thqtr wrote:
creekball wrote:Not leaving the 3rd grade is why Kids can't get in Clemson!

LOL, your desperate now! You have no clue about the BA. About the job! About any of it obviously! So, you try and deflect the fact you were just proven an integrity-less person. I guess, congrats son! But, been there done that. Still acting as if you were the 1st. You were the 1st person to go to college. MC was the 1st to win a football state championship. And, I guess you think your the only one too, LOL! Ummm! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep! Gotta register with Clearing House, ACT, SAT. Academics,
creekball
Freshman

Postby Wildstallion2 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:42 pm

Here is the South Pointe Stallions 2017 Schedule, with two POWERHOUSE teams, The 5A Buford Wolves out of Geogia, and The 2A Shelby Golden Lions out of North Carolina. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7AG2YpW0AAioTc.jpg:large
Last edited by Wildstallion2 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wildstallion2
JV

PreviousNext

Return to Class 4A