Aiken HS

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Re: Aiken HS

Postby jhs65 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:52 pm

I don't know much about Neal except that he bit off more than he could chew at Aiken. That's not putting him down because most people would fail there. I'd sure be glad to give him a try at Silver Bluff if we could just get rid of Able today. I believe Neal at least wants to win and I don't think Able cares. If Able returns I expect him to have to replace most of his staff because I don't think many of the current staff will put up with him another year.
Go Bluff Dogs and Clemson Tigers
jhs65
All-American

Postby TheMascot » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:03 pm

Any local guys applying for this one? Those guys from across town sure had a heck of a year at South Aiken. North Augusta didn't do too bad either. This area has to have some good talent. Any assistants from surrounding schools jumping on this one?
TheMascot
Freshman

Postby Stampede » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:19 pm

Word around says:
Pope-Schofield Middle Coach (feeder school)
VanHook-OC on staff
Bryant-White Knoll Asst.(Silver Bluff alum)
Davis-South Aiken Asst.
Blacha-Brookland Cayce Asst. (lives in Aiken)
Hibbitts-HC Lakeside in Evans, GA. (lives in Aiken and son is a freshman at AHS)

Also hearing they will either offer AD with it or AD in Waiting. Carey Johnson is hanging it up either this year or next.
Stampede
Varsity

Postby jhs65 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:33 am

Stampede wrote:Word around says:
VanHook-OC on staff
Davis-South Aiken Asst.
Hibbitts-HC Lakeside in Evans, GA. (lives in Aiken and son is a freshman at AHS)

Also hearing they will either offer AD with it or AD in Waiting. Carey Johnson is hanging it up either this year or next.

Bryant was my choice for the Silver Bluff job when it opened last year. Hibbitts is also a Silver Bluff grad, but I don't know if he applied for the Bluff job.
jhs65
All-American

Postby TheMascot » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:43 pm

jhs65 wrote:
VanHook-OC on staff
Davis-South Aiken Asst.

Bryant was my choice for the Silver Bluff job when it opened last year. Hibbitts is also a Silver Bluff grad, but I don't know if he applied for the Bluff job.

I'm hearing that Pope is no longer interested and that Johnson may possibly throw his name back into the mix. Surprised that Bryant and Blacha don't apply for one of the Columbia area openings- or maybe they did. Bryant may get another look at SB if they have another poor year this year. I hear that guy isn't well liked and doesn't really do a lot. Would Hibbits leave a nice facility to come to one like Aiken? Not too sure about VanHook or Davis- don't know much about them other than what my sources tell me that there was a lot of in house staff issues at Aiken and Davis was the jv coach at SA?
TheMascot
Freshman

Postby ga.fan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:51 pm

TheMascot wrote:
jhs65 wrote:
VanHook-OC on staff
Davis-South Aiken Asst.

I'm hearing that Pope is no longer interested and that Johnson may possibly throw his name back into the mix. Surprised that Bryant and Blacha don't apply for one of the Columbia area openings- or maybe they did. Bryant may get another look at SB if they have another poor year this year. I hear that guy isn't well liked and doesn't really do a lot. Would Hibbits leave a nice facility to come to one like Aiken? Not too sure about VanHook or Davis- don't know much about them other than what my sources tell me that there was a lot of in house staff issues at Aiken and Davis was the jv coach at SA?

maybe ole band wagon billy can help in the serch. :lol:
ga.fan
JV

Postby BiLlYdAkIDd » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:26 pm

ga.fan wrote:
TheMascot wrote:
jhs65 wrote:
VanHook-OC on staff
Davis-South Aiken Asst.

maybe ole band wagon billy can help in the serch. :lol:

he told 96 NOT TO FIRE neal........along with a bunch of other advice that would have served them well........
BiLlYdAkIDd
Heisman

Postby Stampede » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:33 pm

TheMascot wrote:
jhs65 wrote:
VanHook-OC on staff
Davis-South Aiken Asst.

Johnson is almost at the end of his TERI. Unless policy has changed in Aiken, they will not hire you back when it's up. Davis was the RB Coach/Head JV I believe. Hibbitts has a good gig at Lakeside but losing a 45 minute drive to work and your son going there might draw some attention. Plus that region puts him in games on the outskirts of metro ATL. Have no idea how Bryant didn't get the SB job if he actually applied. No clue about the OC. I know half the staff either worked at a feeder or wasn't in the school system at all. You need a presence in the halls.
The fact they are building a brand new school and possibly throwing AD in there should entice some people. However, that side of town has issues that go far beyond football.
Stampede
Varsity

Postby jhs65 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:07 am

Stampede wrote:
TheMascot wrote:
jhs65 wrote:
VanHook-OC on staff
Davis-South Aiken Asst.

Johnson is almost at the end of his TERI. Unless policy has changed in Aiken, they will not hire you back when it's up. Davis was the RB Coach/Head JV I believe. Hibbitts has a good gig at Lakeside but losing a 45 minute drive to work and your son going there might draw some attention. Plus that region puts him in games on the outskirts of metro ATL. Have no idea how Bryant didn't get the SB job if he actually applied. No clue about the OC. I know half the staff either worked at a feeder or wasn't in the school system at all. You need a presence in the halls.
The fact they are building a brand new school and possibly throwing AD in there should entice some people. However, that side of town has issues that go far beyond football.

Bryant applied for the Bluff job. Able was a political hire.
jhs65
All-American

Postby Panthersfan5089 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:26 pm

TheMascot wrote:
jhs65 wrote:
VanHook-OC on staff
Davis-South Aiken Asst.

This can't be a terrible gig. Aiken as a slew of athletes. The guy who's at Lakeside would be losing money to come to Aiken, but would be saving since he lives here. He's been in Aiken county before. If they are possibly combining the job how is Blacha up for it. He's like 28 and has only been coaching a few years or so. I think he does OL and Strength at BC. Or that's what I read on SCVarsity. Bryant has a good track record and so does Hibbitts. Idk about VanHook besides he's on staff. They must not be hiring from within if the HC left before Christmas and they still haven't posted anything. Seems like a lot of stuff going on. Or they don't care as much and have all their focus on Academics instead.
Panthersfan5089
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 4A