Colleton County High School Coach Search

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Re: Colleton County High School Coach Search

Postby IDGAF » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:32 pm

CCHSCougars86 wrote:Coby Peeler hired as head coach. Comes from 2a Greer high school where he is the head wrestling coach and assistant coach of football. Sounds like the school district just don't care about football anymore bc this is a joke. Sad for alums. Guess we will never have another Leroy Riley.

1. Greer is not 2A its 4A
2. Greer has had a much better track record the last few years that CCHS.
3. There will never be another Leroy Riley, just like there will not be another John McKissick, Joe Turbeville, etc...

So maybe you might want to give Coach Peeler a chance since he is coming from a successful program. He might just have the formula to get your school back on track.
IDGAF
Freshman

Postby goodguys » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:10 pm

Greer is is a AAAA school in region 2. For Peeler to be successful at Colleton - you have to get rid of the problem(s) and the community has to get behind the program. Hopefully Peeler will live in Colleton County and make connections.

The AD hire is interesting. He doesn't live in Colleton County and according to who you listen to was on the committee to hire the AD the first time the joint job was posted. Definitely an advantage in the process...but doesn't make him less or more qualified.

Bottom line...will the AD be able to fix the problems at Colleton by the end of the dismissal bell each day?
goodguys
Freshman

Postby CCHSCougars86 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:39 pm

Don't get me wrong I'm going to support the Coach but he is going to have to earn everyone's respect. The paper must have reported where he came from wrong as well. Thanks for clarifying Greer is 4A bc what I read said 2A. As long as he does it the right way and everyone gets behind him and supports him I'm willing to give the guy a **** Gotta start somewhere but I'm sure he is gonna have to prove a lot of the doubters wrong. Just never heard of him. GO COUGARS!!!
CCHSCougars86
Freshman

Postby CCHSCougars86 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:53 pm

For some reason it blocked out what I said about giving the guy a shot or chance and I will.
CCHSCougars86
Freshman

Postby BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:26 pm

I AM GLAD TO HEAR THAT COLLETON COUNTY HAS HIRED A NEW HEAD FOOTBALL COACH AND ATHLETIC DIRECTOR. I WISH BOTH OF THEM THE BEST OF LUCK.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Head Football Coach Mark Clifford's Record 102-57 after his 13th season at Beaufort
Beaufort State Titles in Football 2
Go Beaufort Eagles!!!! Go USC Gamecocks!!!!
BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
All-American

Postby CCHSCougars86 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:35 am

Anyone know if Coach Peeler is gone be allowed to bring on his own staff or have to keep the current staff?
CCHSCougars86
Freshman

Postby chant09 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:39 am

From what I am hearing, part of the "deal" was that he keep the staff as long as they didn't get a job somewhere else and they are willing to continue to coach. I have seen on SCHSL page that there is a posting for DL coach and OC. I know that the OC from the past 2 years got the head job at Waccamaw. I'm not sure about the DL coach. I've heard he was staying at Colleton, just wasn't going to coach, but that is yet to be confirmed.
chant09
Freshman

Postby CCHSCougars86 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:13 am

Thanks was kind of curious as to what kind of offense the coach was going to run and what kind of defense he wants to work primarily out of.
CCHSCougars86
Freshman

Postby chant09 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:52 am

In the local paper he said that he would be running the spread offense and the defense would be a multiple front defense
chant09
Freshman

Postby BRB » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:56 am

Two cheap hires. No HC experience. No AD experience. Worst 4-A athletic program in the state will stay that way.
BRB
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 4A