Colleton County High School Coach Search

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Re: Colleton County High School Coach Search

Postby UnderneathTheLights » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:15 am

CCHSCougars86 wrote:Heard Dan Morgan of Blythewood was very interested and was one of 2 final candidates. Heard he had stints at Lexington or Sumter and turned Blythewood into a very successful program. Anyone know if he is still interested and if so is he a good candidate?

Why would he? He was in the final two, like you said, yet when the #1 guy turned the job down....he wasn't offered the job. The money even with the combined position wasn't going to be what he was making to just coach at blythewood...now that it's split, I doubt it will come close to interest him....I would think he's not too happy with how it was handled either...the article said he wasnt even contacted to let him know what was happening until he saw the "announcement" to split the jobs.

Just a bad situation.
UnderneathTheLights
JV

Postby region2 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:49 pm

Yet Morgan took the Eastside job. No AD gig along with it. So doesn't sound like he is being too picky.
region2
All-American

Postby BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:14 pm

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT COLLETON COUNTY HASN'T HIRED ANYONE. BUT I WAS SO GLAD TO SEE THAT THE COLLETON COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT SEPARATED THE HEAD FOOTBALL COACH AND ATHLETIC DIRECTOR POSITIONS. THEY SHOULD DEFINATELY BE SEPARATE JOBS. I HOPE THAT THEY HIRE A GOOD FOOTBALL COACH AND AD.

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Head Football Coach Mark Clifford’s Record 109-60 after his 14th season at Beaufort
Beaufort State Titles in Football 2
Go Beaufort Eagles!!!! Go USC Gamecocks!!!!
BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
All-American

Postby CCHSCougars86 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:53 am

Any update? The local paper hasn't said anything. Guess CC might not even have a head coach in place for spring football. So sad considering how good this program once was.
CCHSCougars86
Freshman

Postby chant09 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:21 am

I have heard that they are having a special called school board meeting tonight for the HC position. I have also heard that they were in the process of interviews for AD last week, so may recommend for both positions tonight. If this is true, CCHS still has a small window for spring practices. However, if the school board does not accept the recommendation, CCHS will be all but done for when it comes to spring practice.
chant09
Freshman

Postby UnderneathTheLights » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:49 pm

Random question....Has a job ever been re-re-posted??? Just curious...
UnderneathTheLights
JV

Postby CCHSCougars86 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Coby Peeler hired as head coach. Comes from 2a Greer high school where he is the head wrestling coach and assistant coach of football. Sounds like the school district just don't care about football anymore bc this is a joke. Sad for alums. Guess we will never have another Leroy Riley.
CCHSCougars86
Freshman

Postby chant09 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:45 pm

I don't know the guy nor have I heard of him, but in my opinion the community needs to give the guy a chance. May workout if people actually get behind the guy and stop criticizing him before day one.

The board also named Leon Hammond as the AD. He currently is a PE teacher and assistant basketball coach.
chant09
Freshman

Postby UnderneathTheLights » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:13 am

Haven't heard of either guy.....but the AD seems to be a bigger stretch than the HC hire....I heard something about the AD guy...pertaining to the first time this job was posted....but it can't be true so I'm not going to put that out there until somebody else does.

I do agree with the previous post about giving the HC a chance.....you finally got a coach...could be at colleton for 10 years, or 2 years or 1 year or spring practice only...but if the community doesn't support him he won't have any chance at being successful no matter how long the admin gives him.
UnderneathTheLights
JV

Postby daCoacher » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:32 am

The 2 cheapest and easiest hires.
Superintendent is a CANCER!
Those that can do... those that can't coach.
daCoacher
JV

PreviousNext

Return to Class 4A