Mallard Creek(6) @ South Pointe(17)*Poll

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Who do you like in this one?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:39 pm

Mallard Creek
42%
South Pointe
58%

Total votes : 19

Mallard Creek(6) @ South Pointe(17)*Poll

Postby 5thqtr » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:39 pm

Stallions coming off a disappointing loss to SFA..

MC I believe is coming off a bye week?

*Will be another tall task for the Stallions! MC has size speed. Saw them when they scrimmaged NW!
Good WR's and the QB can sling it.

*Coach Herron and company have done a really good job with scheduling as tough a schedule as anyone will have had. NW and NF were the Semi-finalist for upper state last year. NF has only lost to us. Same as NW.
SF is full of D1 prospects that came over from surrounding private schools. Stallions lead at one point 23 -8. Very proud of them.
MC ditto on the prospects. Plus they have won the last 3 state championships in the " Big Boy " division in NC. Will be a tough task.
Rock Hill is a rivalry game and is never easy!

End of the day; it is about priming these Stallions to "hopefully make a run at #5"!
Last edited by 5thqtr on Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Re: Mallard Creek @ South Pointe*Poll

Postby Bburg22 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:30 pm

Good luck to the stallions. ..imo...

South pointe-28
Mallard creek-21
Bburg22
JV

Postby wildcat92 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:45 pm

Good luck! I don't want Mallard Creek to beat all the SC teams they play.
wildcat92
JV

Postby blue and gold22 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:34 pm

Yes, Creek boys coming off a bye week and looking to complete the 2016 South Carolina tour undefeated. Including scrimmages MC has now played Nations Ford, RH NW, Dillon, Byrnes and get the Stallions on Friday night. They have only played one NC team thus far in Butler.

Catching SP in a pretty good spot. Coming of a rivalry game that was a 4 quarter battle then a trip to Baltimore for another physical battle then back home to take on what I think at least physically will be their toughest matchup yet.

Saw SP play Rock hill for a half last Saturday afternoon. Not one of their sharpest games but you have to be impressed the large number of long rangy athletes SP has. #14 in particular was a difference maker as was Adams and Davis Jr. Kendrick will give MC problems more with his legs than his arm. #1 may very well be the best pure athlete MC has ever played against and they have played against kids like Elijah Hood, Dexter Lawrence,Bryce Love , Anthony Ratliff Williams ,
Was a little surprised at how young the Stallions roster is. Lotta Soph and junior starters. I'm guessing maybe a top 25 team nationally next year depending on how the finish this year.

For the Stallions they will encounter the same issue everyone does with MC. Mainly size, crazy depth and physical play. MC will come to Football City USA for the first time with 10 senior D1 commits including two Olineman who will play for the Gamecocks next year. Add another 5 or 6 kids in the junior ranks and it is one of the most talented and deepest rosters in the country.

Should draw a very nice crowd and Rock Hill will be packed with quality football Friday night with Spartanburg and RH NW also playing. Looking forward to it.
blue and gold22
Freshman

Postby jsinger » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:00 am

The game will be broadcast live on Time-Warner cable. It will be on a local origination channel.
jsinger
Freshman

Postby 5thqtr » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:29 pm

* Saw MC vs. NW and told Creekball then ( go back and check ) that while I could see they were talented. And athletically gifted. That they did not execute well. It was pre-season and just a scrimmage. But, did get to see most of their personnel.
*They most definitely want to sweep all the SC previous year winners! Huge motivation for them I'm sure. And, the reason the schedule was set up that way, unless the rest of NC was too afraid to play them besides Butler. But, just like the year Indy beat Spartanburg.....................gotta wait and see if you indeed beat state champs! What you did last year don't count squat for the current year!
*Honestly, no reason MC should not be favored............... as mentioned SP is coming off a physical loss to what will be one of the premier private schools on the east coast very soon in SFA. How will they come out? Will they let that loss cost them the fire needed to compete at a high level in this game? Who knows; but I do know I like the Stallions chances if they play Stallions football.
*Can't help there is a certain crown out there who want us to get blown out; so they can say! We played them closer, LOL! As has been evident after JFB played. SMH @ that cause you do realize if you go on to win it all it will be said, " but none of'em could mess with MC"! Which @ the end of the day, who cares besides a few knuckleheads who don't see the even flow of Charlotte h.s. athletics w/regard to " where the players all seem to assemble"! Besides that if MC goes on the win state again, it would mean the rest of NC could not beat them either ( assuming the Stallions can't..........which they can..........but).
*Hoping they pre-sale tickets for the game! I can't get off work in time to get by the stadium early enough. Best I can do is 40 minutes before k/o................which may not be good enough to prevent me from standing in line and missing some of the 1st qtr.
*** Stallions will have to be on their A game to beat these dudes! But, can they do it: "absolutely"!
Will they do it; have to wait and see!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby The Cats R Nasty » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:13 pm

Mallard Creek 21
South Point 10
The Cats R Nasty
Varsity

Postby blue and gold22 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:14 pm

5thqtr wrote:* Saw MC vs. NW and told Creekball then ( go back and check ) that while I could see they were talented. And athletically gifted. That they did not execute well. It was pre-season and just a scrimmage. But, did get to see most of their personnel.
*They most definitely want to sweep all the SC previous year winners! Huge motivation for them I'm sure. And, the reason the schedule was set up that way, unless the rest of NC was too afraid to play them besides Butler. But, just like the year Indy beat Spartanburg.....................gotta wait and see if you indeed beat state champs! What you did last year don't count squat for the current year!
*Honestly, no reason MC should not be favored............... as mentioned SP is coming off a physical loss to what will be one of the premier private schools on the east coast very soon in SFA. How will they come out? Will they let that loss cost them the fire needed to compete at a high level in this game? Who knows; but I do know I like the Stallions chances if they play Stallions football.
*Can't help there is a certain crown out there who want us to get blown out; so they can say! We played them closer, LOL! As has been evident after JFB played. SMH @ that cause you do realize if you go on to win it all it will be said, " but none of'em could mess with MC"! Which @ the end of the day, who cares besides a few knuckleheads who don't see the even flow of Charlotte h.s. athletics w/regard to " where the players all seem to assemble"! Besides that if MC goes on the win state again, it would mean the rest of NC could not beat them either ( assuming the Stallions can't..........which they can..........but).
*Hoping they pre-sale tickets for the game! I can't get off work in time to get by the stadium early enough. Best I can do is 40 minutes before k/o................which may not be good enough to prevent me from standing in line and missing some of the 1st qtr.
*** Stallions will have to be on their A game to beat these dudes! But, can they do it: "absolutely"!
Will they do it; have to wait and see!

Game was scheduled because Mallard Creek actively searches for tough early season tests so that they will be prepared for the playoffs. COuldnt care less where that competition comes from. Byrnes, Southpointe, Mcdonogh( MD), Dillon, Butler, Chalotte Cathoilc. Charlotte Christian all work. Reality is they had Grayson and Dematha back out and that is one of the reasons Southpointe is on the schedule. I know they are trying to get RH NW next year.

Not sure what STallions football means but they certainly have the talent and maybe more importantly the coaching to win the game. No question.

Scrimmage against NW was 6 days after full pads were on in NC. No spring ball in NC. NEither team executed great but MC was BY FAR the more talented team that day. There were sets where Moloney failed to even get passes off. Huge disparity up front between those teams. QB and skill players probably advantage NW especially with the addition of Whilmore who along with Holloway are special. It would be a very good game if played today just like the SP game.

Funny you mention the migration of football players in Charlotte. You make it sound like it doesnt happen everywhere. Where did Dillon's QB come from? How about Whilmore?? Plenty of migration everywhere not a issue at just MC.

I feel pretty comfortable in predicting that if MC does win Friday night they will have beaten 2 SC state champs. I think both SP and Dillon run the table.

I would be shocked if its a blowout either way. 2 TD max on the spread. Both teams to well coached to let it get out of hand. I think 30-20 Mallard Creek
blue and gold22
Freshman

Postby 5thqtr » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:02 pm

*I can respect all of that post Blue And Gold. No rhetoric or theoretical.

* MC will enjoy a size advantage as I am sure they will in every game they play. Stallions have to play mistake free football or at least high motor football to have a chance in this one.

* I was just speculating on the South Carolina thing. I figured no one wanted to play you guys "unless they had to" or " somebody ego needed stroking"! Either way, you can never tell unless you are a yearly contender how good your going to be!

* This will help prepare us for the likes of Myrtle Beach, Lancaster, York, RNE, etc. No disrespect If I did not say your teams name. But, after seeing what we saw last week followed directly by what we have coming to town this week; no doubt few other teams we play after this game will possess that much talent across the board. And be able to replace talent with talent like these two. MB probably can..........but like I said, " to me this is the real reason Coach Herron scheduled this game"!

Should be a good one. Team with the fewest turnovers win! Team with the fewest Mental errors also. i.e. penalties and poor execution! Would not surprise me at all if the Stallions win. In fact, I think they get it done. But, due to the size gap and depth.............yeah, MC gets the edge on paper!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby Wildstallion2 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:29 pm

This game coming up Friday night between South Pointe and Mallard Creek reminds of another game that South Pointe played back in 2013 against the Goose Creek Gators. http://www.postandcourier.com/article/2 ... 131129717/
Wildstallion2
JV

Next

Return to Class 4A