GAFFNEY 26 BYRNES 16 ....FINAL

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Re: GAFFNEY 13 BYRNES 3 at the half

Postby CavalierFan64 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:12 am

Rebel82jeff wrote:
Sacs44 wrote:These Byrnes guys will never let it go. These announcers are already talking about sending tapes to high school league, like they are going to do anything about it. Why don't yall just go ahead and protest the game.

Byrnes guys have nothing to let go, everyone at the game is seeing the same thing we are in the booth. Thank God for VIDEOS.

Gaffney has a good team, they should have won over Dorman. We all knew this was going to be a tuff game for the Rebels. This didnt need to go down like this.
The game will not be protested, but the refs will be. Calls for fair catch, and then Gaffney runs the ball, no flag. Tipped punt by the Rebels, ball goes 13 yards, Byrnes gets LATE FLAG for hitting the punter of Gaffney. Gaffney running the ball out of the end zone and not put back on the 20. Byrnes gets the int and heads-up play by Gaffney stripped the ball for no catch LATE FLAG from the other side of the field on Byrnes D pass interf. Flag on Coach Miller and the list goes on and on.

PROPS TO THE STAFF OF GAFFNEY FOR THE EXTRA INS.

Gaffney is a good team, there is no doubt about it. Now as far as they should have won over Dorman?? Really, lets see what you Rebels have to say about that AFTER you play us in October.
Leave Dorman out of your excuses.
CavalierFan64
Freshman

Re: GAFFNEY 26 BYRNES 16 ....FINAL

Postby tbone » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:56 am

hey jeff and suckeye fan. dont you guys think byrnes should stick to trying to beat teams in s.c. and quit it with trying to get a show on mtv. thats got to hurt to hell when you guys loose being ranked nationally. stick to good ol s.c. football and i promise if you make it through the comp. we have here u will be remembered here! ask anyone who won state last year and it will be answered. ask anyone who won the high school national championship and they will say wtf is that. theres plenty of butt whoopings here and by the looks of your team this year ur going to take a few....
tbone
Freshman

Postby Chief Bojack » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Stop the whinning. Byrnes only had 10 more penalty yards for the game than Gaffney did. We had two drives that were stopped due to 15 yard penalties.

The REFs had ZERO effect on who won this game. The Gaffney D shut Byrnes down for most of the game. Only 3 first downs for Byrnes in the first half.
It is Friday night in the fall, and I am at the Reservation. Where else would you want to be?
Chief Bojack
All-American

Postby Chief Shooting Bull » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:56 pm

The game will not be protested, but the refs will be. Calls for fair catch, and then Gaffney runs the ball, the guy that called the fair catch DID NOT run with the ball, another player stepped in front of him and caught it then ran, ball was spotted where he caught it no flag. Tipped punt by the Rebels, ball WAS NOT touched, never seen a punt tipped and it still spiral, WAS NOT touched ball goes 13 yards, Byrnes gets LATE FLAG for hitting the punter of Gaffney. Gaffney running the ball out of the end zone and not put back on the 20 I agree on that one, looked to me like his back foot was in the endzone. Byrnes gets the int and heads-up play by Gaffney stripped the ball for no catch LATE FLAG from the other side of the field on Byrnes D pass interf.

Listen man the game wasn't called real well I will admit. While you are listing missed calls, add about 10 holding calls on #77. He held ALL NIGHT long. The penalties did not decide this game. I will be honest if we had your offensive coordinators this game would not have even been close. We seem to have about 10 plays in our book and 8 of em are QB up the middle. They are gonna get Burris hurt before it is over.
The Gaffney Indians...17 time South Carolina State Champions!
Chief Shooting Bull
All-American

Postby Chief Whoa » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:24 pm

Chief Shooting Bull wrote:Gaffney running the ball out of the end zone and not put back on the 20 I agree on that one, looked to me like his back foot was in the endzone

His foot did cross the goal line but the ball never did, it was the right call.
Chief Whoa
All-American

Postby oli3 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:53 pm

Chief Whoa wrote:His foot did cross the goal line but the ball never did, it was the right call.

Chief gets bonus points for this one... on kickoffs, it is strictly the vertical plane of the goal line and the ball that determines whether or not it is a touch-back or you can return it.
oli3
JV

Postby BYRNES#1 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:58 pm

oli3 wrote:
Chief Whoa wrote:His foot did cross the goal line but the ball never did, it was the right call.

Chief gets bonus points for this one... on kickoffs, it is strictly the vertical plane of the goal line and the ball that determines whether or not it is a touch-back or you can return it.

Yep I had no problem with that call. ;)
I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell.
BYRNES#1
Heisman

Previous

Return to Class 4A