GAFFNEY 26 BYRNES 16 ....FINAL

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Re: GAFFNEY 26 BYRNES 10 7 4 th quarter.....2 minutes left

Postby Rebel82jeff » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:11 pm

Sacs44 wrote:Hey Rebal do you really thing Dorman didn't have to deal with the same thing. Cry me a river.

Sorry Sacs we checked, NOT the same Refs.
Rebel82jeff
JV

Re: GAFFNEY 13 BYRNES 3 at the half

Postby Trojan4Ever2 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:11 pm

Rebel82jeff wrote:
Sacs44 wrote:These Byrnes guys will never let it go. These announcers are already talking about sending tapes to high school league, like they are going to do anything about it. Why don't yall just go ahead and protest the game.

Byrnes guys have nothing to let go, everyone at the game is seeing the same thing we are in the booth. Thank God for VIDEOS.

Gaffney has a good team, they should have won over Dorman. We all knew this was going to be a tuff game for the Rebels. This didnt need to go down like this.
The game will not be protested, but the refs will be. Calls for fair catch, and then Gaffney runs the ball, no flag. Tipped punt by the Rebels, ball goes 13 yards, Byrnes gets LATE FLAG for hitting the punter of Gaffney. Gaffney running the ball out of the end zone and not put back on the 20. Byrnes gets the int and heads-up play by Gaffney stripped the ball for no catch LATE FLAG from the other side of the field on Byrnes D pass interf. Flag on Coach Miller and the list goes on and on.

PROPS TO THE STAFF OF GAFFNEY FOR THE EXTRA INS.

Kind of reminds me of the Upper State Championship in 2007 when Byrnes was blatantly cheating against Northwestern.
Trojan4Ever2
JV

Re: GAFFNEY 26 BYRNES 16 ....FINAL

Postby rebel » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:13 pm

Maybe now them Byrnes Coaches will get their egos off their shoulders.
rebel
Freshman

Postby Sacs44 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:14 pm

It doesn't matter Reb, I am sure you guys may have had some bad calls, but didnt seem like you guys would have won anyway. We all know the away team at a tradition laden school like Gaffney, will get some calls. Sounds like you guys are real young, and just got out played. I just hope you guys can say, hey they were better tonight and not blame the refs for it all.
Sacs44
JV

Postby rebel » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:18 pm

Sacs44 wrote:It doesn't matter Reb, I am sure you guys may have had some bad calls, but didnt seem like you guys would have won anyway. We all know the away team at a tradition laden school like Gaffney, will get some calls. Sounds like you guys are real young, and just got out played. I just hope you guys can say, hey they were better tonight and not blame the refs for it all.

I agree the Rebels should show more class than to blame it on the Ref's, it just wasn't the Rebel's night. This is not the first game or team that had calls go against them or for them as far as that goes.
rebel
Freshman

Re: GAFFNEY 26 BYRNES 10 7 4 th quarter.....2 minutes left

Postby Rebel82jeff » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:24 pm

Realist wrote:Whaaaah.... Learn how to loose with class, would ya?

Byrnes young men and Gaffneys young men are full of class. Its all about the game controled by the REFS.

Byrnes is way down this year and everyone knows it. but what the refs did tonight was uncalled for. Worst calls at a football game at any level i have ever seen.

The players at Gaffney did a great job tonight. Byrnes looked lost most of the night. Gaffney didnt need the refs to win this one.
Rebel82jeff
JV

Postby Stevology » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:35 pm

I tell you one thing for this to be a down year for Byrnes they still show plenty of talent, execution and class...very good program.
"The only thing worse than a coward, is a coward with power"
Stevology
All-American

Re: GAFFNEY 13 BYRNES 3 at the half

Postby Chief Whoa » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:53 pm

Rebel82jeff wrote:
Sacs44 wrote:These Byrnes guys will never let it go. These announcers are already talking about sending tapes to high school league, like they are going to do anything about it. Why don't yall just go ahead and protest the game.

Byrnes guys have nothing to let go, everyone at the game is seeing the same thing we are in the booth. Thank God for VIDEOS.

Gaffney has a good team, they should have won over Dorman. We all knew this was going to be a tuff game for the Rebels. This didnt need to go down like this.
The game will not be protested, but the refs will be. Calls for fair catch, and then Gaffney runs the ball, no flag. Tipped punt by the Rebels, ball goes 13 yards, Byrnes gets LATE FLAG for hitting the punter of Gaffney. Gaffney running the ball out of the end zone and not put back on the 20. Byrnes gets the int and heads-up play by Gaffney stripped the ball for no catch LATE FLAG from the other side of the field on Byrnes D pass interf. Flag on Coach Miller and the list goes on and on.

PROPS TO THE STAFF OF GAFFNEY FOR THE EXTRA INS.

On the fair catch #17 called for the fair catch and #22 back pedalled and caught the ball, they blew it dead like they should they can't penalize 22 who was running backwards to catch the ball for what 17 did, and on the roughing the kicker DeEdward shanked it the only thing Byrnes hit was him, cry me a river, get some class guys if I can sit through a 60-7 beating and a years worth of crap talk on here then surely you can deal with a 10 point loss that was really never that close!!
Chief Whoa
All-American

Postby Roy43 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:58 pm

Congrads to the Indians! Bam! Next!
Roy43
All-American

Postby Chief Whoa » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:05 pm

Scalp 'em!
Chief Whoa
All-American