Freddie Brown is at it again

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Re: Freddie Brown is at it again

Postby DeCavelier » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:04 pm

Top Viking wrote:Well I didn't get to hear the show today.

Top Viking, the wisdom of that was not lost on me. Good form.
“Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.”- Elvis Presley
DeCavelier
All-American

Postby Wolverine Follower » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

I agree HSFAN....the only problem will be if they are successfull he will fall over backwards patting himself on the back while quietly giving credit to his players and other coaches....
Wolverine Follower
All-American

Postby Wolverine Follower » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:29 pm

I'm not so sure how much of an x's and o's guy he really is....i think his best attribute is his ability to motivate on game day....i think he has some pretty good coaches that do most of the play calling on friday nights.......with that said he rarely gives those coaches any credit either......He either just doesn't get it or he just flat out doesn't care..
Wolverine Follower
All-American

Postby SCPigskinPrep » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:43 pm

HS FAN wrote:And you knnow that is a shame... because X's and O's he seems to know what he is talking about. But man that arogance is a killer. He needs to eat some Humble pie.

Dorman has served Freddie pie 5 times in the past 3 years by an average margin for 4 TDs.
Lost in the fact of the "revitalization" of the Viking football dynasty is they lost.....PERIOD. They don't how much only that they lost.

And face facts, Dorman had a TD taken off the board when the ref did not blow the whistle after 5 second (clear forward progress had been stopped) on Raymonds run in the 2nd. The Vikings also got the last TD after Dorman (maybe) had 12 men on the field (ref never counted and tried to count as the players were leaving the field) Dorman was up 21-7 then having scored on the last 2 possessions and would have had the ball 40 yards away from going up 3TD.

Change 2 plays (both on the same ref) and Dorman win by 3 TDs.

Of course championship team like Dorman play through the zebras and score enough points to take the ref out of the equations.
SCPigskinPrep
JV

Postby someone » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:25 pm

Is "SCPigskinPrep" supposed to be some sort of journalist on the high school football scene?

He comes off as a major Dorman partisan with a major axe to grind about Spartanburg High.

Isn't this the same guy who wrote a negative story in the preseason about Spartanburg's prospects for turning things around? He even took shots at the academic program in District 7. Fact is, Spartanburg High continues to offer some of the best programs around -- and has by far the top program in this county for advanced students.

He seems like a guy who's enjoying Dormans ride -- great for him -- but is still bitter about the past and is nursing some sort of inferiority complex about SHS.
someone
Freshman

Postby someone » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:49 pm

So this PigskinPrep fellow claims that Dorman should have won by 3 touchdowns. It was the refs fault that didn't happen.

But didn't he say earlier that Dorman was, in fact, FIVE TDs better than Spartanburg?

Oh, and that Spartanburg would lose to Sumter?
someone
Freshman

Postby TheKINGofSTING » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:33 pm

someone wrote:Is "SCPigskinPrep" supposed to be some sort of journalist on the high school football scene?

He comes off as a major Dorman partisan with a major axe to grind about Spartanburg High.

Isn't this the same guy who wrote a negative story in the preseason about Spartanburg's prospects for turning things around? He even took shots at the academic program in District 7. Fact is, Spartanburg High continues to offer some of the best programs around -- and has by far the top program in this county for advanced students.

He seems like a guy who's enjoying Dormans ride -- great for him -- but is still bitter about the past and is nursing some sort of inferiority complex about SHS.

you are right scpigskinprep (dave prickren) is very biased towards dorman and wrote a hit piece on spartanburg at the beginning of the year
TheKINGofSTING
Freshman

Postby wolverinelegend » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:34 am

Top Viking wrote:Stop it, Stop it, Stop IT

You guys are totally taking what he said about the special teams out of context. He was just saying had we hit those two kicks it would have been a better game as any coach would say and do he didn't blame a player. I will agree with you guys on one thing though, Freddie should have put some of the blame on himself for the poor clock management on his part.

I honestly hate when people talk about all the negatives they see in Brown and never the positive. As I said before not many coaches take the time to drive a player from Spartanburg to Alabama for a summer camp. I have a cousin that plays for Spartanburg and I give Brown, I would have never thought I'd hear him mention going to college 2 years ago. Over the summer I was shocked to when he started talking about attend a college in North Carolina.

OH and I did say how many breaks ups Quan Brown had I just said a ton which he not a number.

There is no context, only cut and dry self-righteousness. As for positives, when I see any, I'll let you know :roll:
Wolverine-ville, USA....we hope you enjoy your stay, and pardon us for the beatdown you are about to receive! 2010, year of the Wolverines
wolverinelegend
Varsity

Postby wolverinelegend » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:39 am

someone wrote:Is "SCPigskinPrep" supposed to be some sort of journalist on the high school football scene?

Isn't this the same guy who wrote a negative story in the preseason about Spartanburg's prospects for turning things around? He even took shots at the academic program in District 7. Fact is, Spartanburg High continues to offer some of the best programs around -- and has by far the top program in this county for advanced students. He seems like a guy who's enjoying Dormans ride -- great for him -- but is still bitter about the past and is nursing some sort of inferiority complex about SHS.

Ummm, no, they don't. Take a ride down 221 to the southern end of the county for that one :roll:
Wolverine-ville, USA....we hope you enjoy your stay, and pardon us for the beatdown you are about to receive! 2010, year of the Wolverines
wolverinelegend
Varsity

Postby fbarraza28 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:53 am

Adidas Superstar
Fitflops Sale Clearance
Vans Shoes
Nike Air Max 98
Hermes Birkin
Yeezys
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Kanken Backpack