Freddie Brown is at it again

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Freddie Brown is at it again

Postby notabyrnesfan » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:36 pm

In an interview with ESPN 1400 today he stated that he has a 5'7 db on his team that broke up 6 passes intended for Peake last week, I find that hard to believe. I hear Peake was only on the field for about 10 plays total. He also blamed the loss on his kicking game and two missed FGs, he said the last drive that ended in Dorman territory would have been a game winning FG drive, does he not understand that Dorman probably would have played things out differently when they were on offense had SHS hit the 2 FGs and the game had been tighter?
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Re: Freddie Brown is at it again

Postby Top Viking » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:39 pm

Well I didn't get to hear the show today. I can say that #15 Brown broke up a ton of passes last Friday. Most were on #5 for Dorman.
Top Viking
Varsity

Postby SCPigskinPrep » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:45 pm

Considering Peake only played about 15 to 20 plays the entire game that is pretty hard to play.

I am sure that Oilver can tell us exactly how many passes the 5 - 8 DB broke up on Friday night. I would say maybe 1 or 2 at most.
SCPigskinPrep
JV

Postby oli3 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:51 pm

Top Viking wrote:Well I didn't get to hear the show today. I can say that #15 Brown broke up a ton of passes last Friday. Most were on #5 for Dorman.

Officially, I had him for two, and five for the team for the whole game. I'll be glad to give him credit for more, just bring the video and your statistician's manual on down, and we'll fix it. I don't have a big stat crew or TV replays like they do at college games, but we do our best.

:D
oli3
JV

Postby viking dad » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:21 pm

It seems that no matter what Coach Brown does hardly anyone on here will backoff. Face it people, Coach Davis is gone and some will just not accept it. I for one am pleased with Coach Brown and his entire staff. If more people in this community would support this Team I think they would be pleased as well. Let's stop this back and fourth mess and enjoy some FOOTBALL!!!!!!
viking dad
Freshman

Postby TheKINGofSTING » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:35 pm

coach brown should never say its the players fault or say what he said, he should have said the coaching staff takes full responsibility fpr the loss because we didnt have the players properly prepared, you should never say what he said, bottom line end of story

when phil strictland lost to byrnes by over 40 points at gaffney he said it was his fault because he didnt have the team prepared, some coaches should take notes
TheKINGofSTING
Freshman

Postby Wolverine Follower » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:39 pm

Not coach brown's style...never has been and never will be...he looks after one person and one person only.....HIMSELF....

and what a shame...the head coach he worked under at a local college would NEVER put blame on a player....It's cowardly and speaks of character....
Wolverine Follower
All-American

Postby Top Viking » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:55 pm

Stop it, Stop it, Stop IT

You guys are totally taking what he said about the special teams out of context. He was just saying had we hit those two kicks it would have been a better game as any coach would say and do he didn't blame a player. I will agree with you guys on one thing though, Freddie should have put some of the blame on himself for the poor clock management on his part.

I honestly hate when people talk about all the negatives they see in Brown and never the positive. As I said before not many coaches take the time to drive a player from Spartanburg to Alabama for a summer camp. I have a cousin that plays for Spartanburg and I give Brown, I would have never thought I'd hear him mention going to college 2 years ago. Over the summer I was shocked to when he started talking about attend a college in North Carolina.

OH and I did say how many breaks ups Quan Brown had I just said a ton which he not a number.
Top Viking
Varsity

Postby Fridaynightfan » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:11 pm

Brown has Spartanburg playing their best football in the last 7, maybe 10 years.
They played very well against a very good Dorman team.

If you want to make a "what if" about that game, when the Dorman defender (and I dont recall who it was) got his feet caught up with the SHS receiver in the 3rd quarter on the 5 yard line, and turned what would have been a TD into an INT, Spartanburg lost their momentum. Had the Viking reciever not been tripped, and scored a TD, the game would have been tied at the start of the 4th quarter.

That was the turning point of the game in my mind. It was a correct no call by the linesman, who was in position to make the call, because it wasnt intentional, but it was a tough break for Spartanburg.

And I aint a Spartanburg fan ;)
Fridaynightfan
Varsity

Postby DeCavelier » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:58 pm

Probably none of my business, but it seems to me that Brown has arrested his freefall of the last several years. Most of the state would agree after last post season, and especially Friday night that Spartanburg's engines seem to be sputtering to life.

I'd be inclined to reserve criticism of any kind at least for the next several weeks. By then you'll have a better idea of which direction the Viking ship is headed. If it's backwards, then it doesn't matter who he blames cause his days will be numbered. Everyone knows that winning is the responsibity of the coach.
“Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.”- Elvis Presley
DeCavelier
All-American

Next

Return to Class 4A