Vikings

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Re: Vikings

Postby SPARTANVILLE VI » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:42 am

viking84 wrote:I am thinking he was a offensive coach because he change Spartanburg into the spread formation and was famous for running up the middle and he also was trickery ...

What???
Spartanburg High School State Champions
1932, 1991, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2001, 2014

Vikings Football- Simply The Best Since 1970

"Momentum is only a play away"- Doc Davis
SPARTANVILLE VI
All-American

Postby SPARTANVILLE VI » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:04 am

viking84 wrote:No I am not an imposter I can tell u anything u want to know about SHS,If u know of any of these coaches such as coach baxter,mulwee,linder,Thompson,,wilson,duncan,graig,voyales,(head caches..kyzer,serttle,davis,brown and now miller witch he was there in the early 90s.Pricepal Joe Clark with he had a son that QB at one time witch was not good.Qb's I know of some Fred lyles,sia kinsada,chip furgerson from independence high, Tyrone Gilmore, Edward fowler, Zion white,peter white and I could go on. School A,b,c,d and e wing witch I think they added another one. Hell I graduated from SHS so why would I put my school down went to almost every game last year when I could and will probably do the same this year...

They didn't add E-wing until they added JROTC... it was a custom build for the Viking Battalion, that was 1997. I should know, I was a Company Commander. They would have built E-Wing years after you graduated...

For a school with a supposed lack of discipline, Spartan High always surprises me- the Viking Battalion had the highest score ever in the Southern region in our inspection, the score was so high the Army gave us an extra year without inspection. The stereotypes of this board...

SPARTANVILLE VI
All-American

Postby 1st&Goal » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:26 pm

SPARTANVILLE VI wrote:
viking84 wrote:No I am not an imposter I can tell u anything u want to know about SHS,If u know of any of these coaches such as coach baxter,mulwee,linder,Thompson,,wilson,duncan,graig,voyales,(head caches..kyzer,serttle,davis,brown and now miller witch he was there in the early 90s.Pricepal Joe Clark with he had a son that QB at one time witch was not good.Qb's I know of some Fred lyles,sia kinsada,chip furgerson from independence high, Tyrone Gilmore, Edward fowler, Zion white,peter white and I could go on. School A,b,c,d and e wing witch I think they added another one. Hell I graduated from SHS so why would I put my school down went to almost every game last year when I could and will probably do the same this year...

They didn't add E-wing until they added JROTC... it was a custom build for the Viking Battalion, that was 1997. I should know, I was a Company Commander. They would have built E-Wing years after you graduated...

For a school with a supposed lack of discipline, Spartan High always surprises me- the Viking Battalion had the highest score ever in the Southern region in our inspection, the score was so high the Army gave us an extra year without inspection. The stereotypes of this board...

Hell Spanky...I was kicked out of JROTC at Dorman. But...did over 20 years over 4 tours with the Army. Retired as a Platoon Sgt. Hmmmm...Not to bad for lil country bumpkin from Southern Shops. Stereo types my A**!!!
If YOU cant walk it.....You prolly shouldnt TALK it!!!
1st&Goal
All-American

Postby viking84 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:08 pm

There was indeed an E Wing when I was there and my friends vouched for me because I asked them...Also I had a math class in that wing and his name was Mr. TALLEY.. :shock: :o
viking84
Varsity

Postby viking84 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:24 pm

And as far as Doc Davis hell I don't know what he taught at chapman, did not actually care as long as he got the job done at SHS.Like I said I can tell u any thing u want to know about SHS when I was there and u probably don't know of a teacher named Major Rhodes that had a big stuffed python in his room that he caught in brazil that nearly killed him did ya... :shock: :shock: :shock:
viking84
Varsity

Postby Gold95 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:30 pm

SPARTANVILLE VI wrote:

Actually E-wing was there before 97 or whenever they added to it. It was just an old wing with some math classes and other things. That parking lot was known as the E-wing parking lot as well way before 97.
Gold95
Freshman

Postby SPARTANVILLE VI » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:20 am

Gold95 wrote:
SPARTANVILLE VI wrote:

Actually E-wing was there before 97 or whenever they added to it. It was just an old wing with some math classes and other things. That parking lot was known as the E-wing parking lot as well way before 97.

Well, I know Gold95 would know. I stand corrected.

I still don't know anybody doubting SHS. Nobody wants Byrnes or Gaffney to get a win on us...

SPARTANVILLE VI
All-American

Postby Victory6 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:09 am

viking84 wrote:I am thinking he was a offensive coach because he change Spartanburg into the spread formation and was famous for running up the middle and he also was trickery ...

WELL YOU DID GET HALF THE QUESTION RIGHT. HE WAS AN OFFENSIVE COACH, HE COACHED THE WIDE RECEIVERS....BUT WE DID RUN UP THE MIDDLE ALOT SO RIGHT NOW I GOT YOU AT 50% TRUE VIKNG FAN. HERE'S ANOTHER QUESTION TO GET YOU TO 100% TRUE VIKING FAN. :idea: WHO WAS THE RUNNING BACK WE RAN UP THE MIDDLE ALOT? AGAIN THIS IS A EASY ONE......TAKE YOUR TIME.....DO YOUR RESEARCH. ;)
bth_13.gif
**ONCE A VIKING, ALWAYS A VIKING**
Victory6
All-American

Postby Gold95 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:06 pm

Spread??? He came to Spartanburg and ran Pro Formation... He didnt get into the spread until the very late 90's.
Gutshall was the first to bring the Spread here when he came to Dorman in 93.
Gold95
Freshman

Postby viking84 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:39 am

SPARTANVILLE VI wrote:
Gold95 wrote:
SPARTANVILLE VI wrote:

Well, I know Gold95 would know. I stand corrected.

I still don't know anybody doubting SHS. Nobody wants Byrnes or Gaffney to get a win on us...

Exactly because I had a math class down there.....
viking84
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Class 4A