Trouble in the Springs

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Re: Trouble in the Springs

Postby BSBulldog » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:10 pm

There were never any negatives coming out of there until about 5-6 years ago when changes were made at the top... and the negatives have nothing to do with success or jealousy about having more wins recently..the negatives are self imposed and in fact, I would argue that with the recent wave of talent coming through the last 5 yrs (some MYSTERIOUSLY moving in) and with an easier region schedule, that the previous coach could have won as many games or almost as many games with much less drama involved around and within the program...i hope it has all been worth it...it all started when the previous coach was forced out for no apparent reason..
BSBulldog
Freshman

Postby imagep » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:34 pm

BSBulldog wrote:...with an easier region schedul...

Playing Dorman, Gaffney, Byrnes, Spartanburg, Mauldin, etc is an easier region schedule? Easier than what? Thats thats possibly the most difficult region schedule in the country. Thats ludicrous. You are off your rocker.

And to do you think that Dorman and Gaffney and Byrnes and Spartanburg have a harder region schedule that BS? Don't all the teams in the same region have the exact same region schedule?
imagep
JV

Postby BSBulldog » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:21 pm

imagep: I am not off my rocker by any means... I am referring to a region schedule of years past consisting of:
Dorman, Spartanburg, Gaffney, Byrnes, Union, Rock Hill, Northwestern, (Rock Hill & NW were absolutely loaded, with no South Pointe school existing and taking some of their best athletes)..
Compare that to last few years of:
Dorman, Byrnes, Hillcrest, JL Mann, Mauldin, Riverside........PLEASE
...at least Gaffney and Spartanburg have come back to the region the last 2 years.. even though the Vikings have been at their lowest of lows the past 6-8 years.

do some research imagep..
BSBulldog
Freshman

Postby imagep » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:42 pm

BSBulldog wrote:imagep: I am not off my rocker by any means... I am referring to a region schedule of years past consisting of:
Dorman, Spartanburg, Gaffney, Byrnes, Union, Rock Hill, Northwestern, (Rock Hill & NW were absolutely loaded, with no South Pointe school existing and taking some of their best athletes)..
Compare that to last few years of:
Dorman, Byrnes, Hillcrest, JL Mann, Mauldin, Riverside........PLEASE
...at least Gaffney and Spartanburg have come back to the region the last 2 years.. even though the Vikings have been at their lowest of lows the past 6-8 years.

do some research imagep..

And Clark has something to do with the region schedule or Rock Hill or NW not being "absolutely loaded" anymore?

So why arn't you bashing Byrnes for having scheduled such an easy region schedule? By your logic, the only reason that they are winning any games is because they are playing such a weak schedule.

And I remember the year before Clark became coach, the Vikings were just 2-9, and BS couldn't even beat them. The next two meetings, BS beat the Vikings both times, and the Vikings had winning records those years, going deep into the playoffs one of those two years.

Also, I seem to remember those "bad" teams like TL Hanna, JL Mann, and Mauldin, having winning records in recent years.

do some research.
imagep
JV

Postby BSBulldog » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:35 pm

You are twisting some of my words imagep....i have struck a nerve ...no research needed here because I know already :lol:
BSBulldog
Freshman

Postby region2 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:24 pm

Imagep....just wondering what you are referring to with props to Mauldin, Mann, and Hanna? Mauldin had a stretch where they were competitive, but nothing more. Mann won sone games when they were in 3A in a terrible region, bit have done nothing since their move to 4A, and this past season were one of the worst. The Hanna program is a joke under Kenya Fouch. Either football means little to Hanna, or the same inside political maneuvering that got him the job, is keeping him the job. Regardless, they are a shadow of what that program should be.
region2
All-American

Previous

Return to Class 4A