Trouble in the Springs

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Re: Trouble in the Springs

Postby Jhawk » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:02 pm

Last edited by Jhawk on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jhawk
Varsity

Postby momma_bulldog » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:38 pm

Jhawk wrote:
Vince Lombardi wrote:Academic fraud is a very serious charge and I would caution against making it until some facts are public knowledge. If it is not true, innocent people can have their careers and reputations permanently damaged.

On the other hand, if it were true it would take more than a coach to pull it off. So I would advise caution.

It already is public knowledge and yes I agree it takes more than a coach to pull it off. It took a coach who was also the AD at the time. And yes Gordon needs to be packing his bags too!

It would be interesting to see this proof that goes with this "public knowledge" in the near future. However, if it is fabricated, then those responsible should be held liable under slander and defamation of character...I think most, if not all here would agree with that.

I have been through the grade changing process recently with my child there and I will say this...there are at least 4 people who have to sign off on the grade change including teacher, admin, and guidance.
momma_bulldog
Freshman

Postby tank25 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:30 pm

I can promise it has nothing to do with grade changing. The only snakes around that school and district sit on the board of trustees. You guys are absolutely blind and ignorant of the facts in this situation.
tank25
Freshman

Postby Jhawk » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Last edited by Jhawk on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jhawk
Varsity

Postby roverman » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:57 am

[b]In the talk about Gordon and Clark and others in D2, I look at the employees and the kids and I think, could this be another Penn State type situation? If all of this is true, the principles in the occurrence are the ones who have hurt the kids and the community. The kids won't be the ones who actually committed the violations, but the ones who suffer from it. We are looking at truly stiff penalties for all of the grade changing if that is the case. Hang in there boys and girl's, we'll endure. We did with Bruce Hill's 0-22.
I will say that there are other teachers who are allowed to leave early according to those who are there. In most cases legit, and signed out to leave and return. Not sure that Clark would have bothered.
I expect to work for someone who, top to bottom, treats everyone the same. No favors are given and none asked. This is not the case if you are "the favored". If Clark is through, Gordon's reign is close to ending as well. He has an agenda, and it's been this way since day one.
roverman
Freshman

Postby daCoacher » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:45 am

Hard to ruin reputations that were ruined to start with!
Those that can do... those that can't coach.
daCoacher
JV

Postby tank25 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:00 pm

IDIOTS
tank25
Freshman

Postby Vince Lombardi » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:33 am

daCoacher..that quote about those who can do and those who can't coach cannot be further from the truth...Coaches are perhaps the most capable educators in the system. Coaches get their athletes to push themselves far further than most classroom teachers.
Vince Lombardi
Freshman

Postby Jhawk » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:28 pm

In light of recent events, apparently the information I was told by multiple people was either incorrect or again the higher up are still covering their own assests I have removed my previous posts.
Jhawk
Varsity

Postby Vince Lombardi » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:25 pm

I don't think there was any cover-up. Maybe as an administrator the coach did not always make lots of friends but it's hard to argue with his results on the field and in terms of scholarship dollars the football team and overall athletic program has received. The bigger problem is the little cabal of people in BS that want to have a say in everything that is going on and if what is going on is not what they want they try to get people fired. Those folks cause more problems than anyone.
Vince Lombardi
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 4A