[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Palmetto Football Talk | View topic - My 2018 Stallions Have Work To Do.

My 2018 Stallions Have Work To Do.

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Re: My 2018 Stallions Have Work To Do.

Postby 5thqtr » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:00 pm

Polysci - believe me; I get what you are saying! I am very appreciative of the run we are on(until knocked out the playoffs).
It's just - even some of the SP teams of the past "that were flawed" were not flawed regarding "want to and swag"!
We been out-sized. Out athleted. Out played. Out whatever else. But, we have always had a core group of players who had that: "who the flip are you and why are you in my way......move" attitude! Not sure we have that in the core group this year! An individual or three...……….but that isn't enough!
So, don't misinterpret what i'm saying. We are talented enough to beat anyone we will face in 4A. But, how badly do we want it is the question! Some of what WS2 said kind of explains the mindset a bit maybe! Things like this often start from the top and work their way down! Maybe a lack of motivation going on! And "IF" I say, "IF" that's the case. We don't deserve to compete for it.
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby 5thqtr » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:12 pm

[quote=“Jsing”]Through 8 games, South Pointe has scored 2 points more than they did in their first 8 games last year. Coach Herron has a chance to win his 100th game this week, in his 112th game as HC. Keith Richardson of Clinton is the fastest public school coach in the state to reach 100, doing it in 118 games.[/quote]

Jsing - that big game vs RNE when they were "not there emotionally" was a main reason for that. And the NF game.

As for Coach Herron - I appreciate everything he has done for The Stallions program and the players who have come through it. I have no doubts they have become better human beings for it beyond just football.

As for the wins! Yeah, he has been fortunate and has had some really good kids to coach. But, as I say all the time, the Maserati being operated by someone who only ever drives the speed limit is a waist. In other words, you have to know how to use those good players! Him and the entire coaching staff have done a nice job getting the kids to buy in and work for it. See DF. See OW - as an example of a school that has plenty talent; but don't win consistently. DF didn't all of a sudden start getting good kids!!!! They have good kids who got developed. TKnotts walked the hallways and motivated kids with size to come out. Or his parents to push him out there. Either way - a good coach is hard to replace and must be appreciated!
Let's hope he makes history Friday! Be a tough one versus a worthy opponent. Just hoping RV don't come in with the dang antics again; and just play ball.

You hope he isn't getting bored. The desire to change to AD suggest that maybe he has gotten a bit bored. Hopefully not complacent!

Go Stallions!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby Jsing » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:06 pm

I was just putting a couple numbers out there. I know they haven't played Buford or Shelby this year and there's a little different context to the numbers, but still. And it's no secret that Coach Herron is going for 100, but the significance of how quickly he's done it may not be something that is generally known. It's quite an accomplishment when you think of some of the truly legendary coaches in this state
Jsing
Freshman

Postby 5thqtr » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:38 pm

No. I understand JSING. I'm with you on the accomplishment or near accomplishment of Coach Herron. I didn't know that for example.

I hope he wants to win a hundred more before he is done with coaching football!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby Jsing » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:25 pm

I'm with ya, 5th. Some school records could fall this year. I'll have that when we get to the playoffs.
Jsing
Freshman

Postby 5thqtr » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:53 am

I thought despite taking RV's best efforts last night we did play better last night. You say well duh, you won 5th so of course! No. All wins are not created equally. RV was hit behind the line of scrimmage a good number of times. Got a 100 yard pick six. Only T.O. was a desperation heave to end the half, was pressured all night and put pressure all night on our QB all night and we still prevailed. I mean, they really played well and we had to play better than we had been to beat them: "and we did that"!
I thought the intensity was a bit better. Intensity that actually came from the DC. I saw some "less laid back, non-going through the motions coaches getting after it" last night! These kids play with their heart a bunch of them. They aren't bigger a bunch of times but they know how to play and they want to play hard from someone who demands it from them. Take the gloves off already and keep on challenging them DC!!! These kids want to be challenged; they feed of your fire and emotion(emotion). <--on purpose.

As a fan - all you can ask is "has the team improved each week"? The answer is yes! Yes they have. I personally don't think they have reached their ceiling or have played a complete game yet. But, I am not disappointed in the "overall" effort! I am hugely disappointed in a couple individual efforts; but overall this group does play hard!
Go Stallions!
5thqtr
All-American

Previous

Return to Class 4A