*^South Pointe-35- @ 5-1 Lancaster-30-*^Poll

This board covers the 48 teams that make up the top classification in South Carolina. Discuss the Big 16 and Division II teams and players.

Who wins this region match?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:31 pm

Visiting South Pointe Stallions
100%
Home Lancaster Bruins
No votes

Total votes : 4

*^South Pointe-35- @ 5-1 Lancaster-30-*^Poll

Postby 5thqtr » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:31 pm

Lancaster unless Coach Collins has drastically changed things will be big up front and want to pound the rock; then play action pass off of that. 5-1 having lost to Chester pretty handily. But, they beat Indian Land handily by 4 TD’s and that same Chester team struggled to beat the Warriors. So, who knows about the Bruins?

Them and Westwood would be - record wise - the toughest opponents in the region. I know RV and York will be tough too; but just by record they are the toughest opponents we will face during the regular season!

I thought we stuffed a big OL from Westwood pretty good this past Friday. Except for a burst through the line here or there. I don’t think they had over 120 yards on the ground.

If LA is still looking to get to 3rd and short then possibly go for it on 4th down if close enough behind a big OL; I see the Stallions having to bring run blitz’s on early downs.
Because this game is in Lancaster; could be very close. If it was in The Coral I would say Stallions by 12.
Should be a good one!
Last edited by 5thqtr on Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Re: *^South Pointe @ 5-1 Lancaster*^Poll

Postby bhmccorm » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:02 pm

Lancaster is one of the 20 teams that South Pointe has played three times or more since 2006. Lancaster is also one of the 12 (out of those 20) that has never beaten SP. More in this week's High School Football 411 https://www.heraldonline.com/sports/hig ... =mainstage

(and Lancaster looks pretty much like it does most years under Collins)
bhmccorm
Freshman

Re: *^South Pointe @ 5-1 Lancaster*^Poll

Postby Wildstallion2 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:15 pm

South Pointe's defense is pretty good this year at stopping those big stocky Running-backs like the ones the Lancaster Bruins have, that includes Lancaster's stocky big Quarterback to, but the fast little skinny Running-backs like the Carolina Panthers Christian McCaffrey, these are the ones that the Rock Hill Bearcats have, they gave South Pointe fits.
Wildstallion2
Varsity

Re: *^South Pointe(35) @ 5-1 Lancaste(30)r*^Poll

Postby 5thqtr » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:35 pm

Awesome win Stallions!
Good Job Lancaster! Solid game plan; #8 is a ball player and you have a solid coach! No antics just lined up and tried to take it to us!

Apparently we don't have DE's who are worth two cents b/c Lancaster was only called for 1 holding penalty all night. Unbelievable! A pick six to start the game to get Lancaster early momentum! Trading 1st qtr TD's seemingly each possession. Some real timely penalties on 3rd down on plays where they were stopped and behind the chain enough to have forced punts. But, still they had to be able to be in position; so hats off to Lancaster! Chester must be some kind of good to have kind of steam rolled them.
Oh well, on to RNE next week at home. York went down to Blythewood and handled the Red Hawks so it's looking like another SP vs. York game for the region. Unless Lancaster goes to York next week and beats them. I can see them doing it. No doubt in my mind.
Go Stallions!
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Return to Class 4A