Going to be super hot for week 0.

This is the forum for those who don't want to talk trash, don't want to bash teams, etc. Just for people who want to have serious conversations about high school football.

Going to be super hot for week 0.

Postby AikenRooster » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:17 am

I hope the SCHSL stupidity isn't going to cause a kid to be killed this Friday, due to the intense heat that is moving in and will stay with us. Heat indexes will be well over 100 degrees on Friday.

Why am I concerned: because SCHSL is starting the season too soo, but they have cut practice time dramatically. One of those 2 factors should change. Move the season back or give more practice time to the kids.

We can pretend like kids should be acclimated to the hot weather, like we were, back in the day, but we would all be kidding ourselves. Plus, it really hasn't been hot this summer, like normal, even if kids did spend as much time outdoors as we used to.

Should SCHSL push the season back in the future?

we
"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." John Galt
AikenRooster
Varsity

Re: Going to be super hot for week 0.

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:29 pm

The schools with good summer programs will be much bettere off than those who don't. Some kids will be in danger this weekend. There is no reason other than greed for high school (or college) kids to be playing football games this early in the air conditioned world we live in
Oldtimer
Freshman

Postby Elegy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:01 pm

When do 1/2 game scrimmages start this year?
Elegy
Freshman

Postby madsen91 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:53 pm

What about this year?
madsen91
Freshman

Return to No Trash, No Bash