Rock Hill sophomore commits to SEC school

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Rock Hill sophomore commits to SEC school

Postby bhmccorm » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:16 am

And another Rock Hill High Bearcat got an offer from Duke on the same day
http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/high ... k=hpdigest
bhmccorm
Freshman

Re: Rock Hill sophomore commits to SEC school

Postby Carolinasports » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:13 am

I heard he's going to Hough High School. The AD from Hough along with some guy who runs a 7 on 7 team,has been recruiting skill guys from SC & NC.......SMH!
Carolinasports
Freshman

Postby 5thqtr » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:43 pm

Yeah, Barber was a handful when he was healthy for Rock Hill High. Congrats to him. Congrats to Jackson as well! Gaither be patient your offer or offers are coming!
Good to see them Rock Boys doing their thing.
I've said it, " they have players over there " so stop it already with that. Is it as deep as you would like; no. But, they have some studs too!

p.s. could be true about the recruiting thing to NC schools. I believe a coach at Ardrey Kell was busted for that last year messing with a NW receiver. Or trying to. SMH @ the non-sense. For the kid, the thing is: your name is known for where you currently are. Why go start over again? Makes no sense..................those schools don't give you any advantage as far as looks!
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby BEARCAT/BULLDOG » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:30 pm

[quote=“5thqtr”]Yeah, Barber was a handful when he was healthy for Rock Hill High. Congrats to him. Congrats to Jackson as well! Gaither be patient your offer or offers are coming!
Good to see them Rock Boys doing their thing.
I’ve said it, ” they have players over there ” so stop it already with that. Is it as deep as you would like; no. But, they have some studs too!

p.s. could be true about the recruiting thing to NC schools. I believe a coach at Ardrey Kell was busted for that last year messing with a NW receiver. Or trying to. SMH @ the non-sense. For the kid, the thing is: your name is known for where you currently are. Why go start over again? Makes no sense..................those schools don’t give you any advantage as far as looks![/quote]

Yep, I agree! And, look at this years draft with Jaleel Scott being drafted. He was our "2nd most dangerous option" the year he came out. We had Jamel Jones http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/jamel-jones/lhfMYvToEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/default.htm who was 1st option. Kid averaged 19.9 points per game in basketball. Was a very good WR; but suffered from "zone-read-itus"! We didn't have a QB to get these two the football with any consistency! But, "the talent was there"! I too hate the old, not enough or no talent at Rock Hill High garbage. Call it how it is sometimes or for once. Deep talent pool - no. Talent - yes! We lose to "even less talented teams than us; and that should do away with the argument right there, but somehow doesn't"!
"Pain is weakness leaving the body" -Sr. Drill Instructor Parris Island.
BEARCAT/BULLDOG
Varsity

Return to Class 5A