Gaffney rumor

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Gaffney rumor

Postby Shelby Football » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:51 am

I'm from Shelby and one thing i do know is Lance Ware isn't leaving Shelby. Lance and his wife are both from Shelby. Lance is happy right were he is at. Lance loves Shelby . He played football at Shelby. He has been coaching at Shelby since he got out college. He is not leaving.
Shelby Football
Freshman

Postby Shelby Football » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:54 am

Read what his wife is saying about Lance Ware.
https://lifewiththecoach.com. Now tell me he is leaving Shelby.
Shelby Football
Freshman

Postby Bud_Kilmer » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:14 am

Thats fine n dandy Shelby guy, but he interviewed for the Hannah job last year. He may love Shelby and always will but making 20-30K more to coach football can entice anybody.
Bud_Kilmer
Freshman

Postby IndianOutlaw81 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:28 pm

https://youtu.be/Mt9oHTtPmts

This is the guy we need. Has coached in Pros and coached at Texas A&M
He'would be a great fit for Gaffney and he's only in his mid-30s he's head coach at the school but it is a part time job.
He sells real estate and I'm sure it wouldn't be no problem for him to relocate here and take a head coach athletic director job because he has plenty experience
IndianOutlaw81
Freshman

Postby TheBigGaffneyIndian » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:43 pm

I still have reservations about him leaving or retiring that is Coach Jones
TheBigGaffneyIndian
Freshman

Postby daCoacher » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:40 pm

Typical- when he cant win or get his way he runs. He will win and win a lot then he will get run of again. But hey Gaffney, sell your soul and win. It did not do WHS much good but he got great facilities!
Those that can do... those that can't coach.
daCoacher
JV

Postby notabyrnesfan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:07 pm

The offseason starts Monday,” Earley said. “We’ll be ready to put a product on the field Anderson’s gonna be proud of next year.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indepe ... /826230001

it sounds like either jim was wrong on coach earley changed his mind.
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Postby Colbyc36 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:26 pm

[quote=“notabyrnesfan”]
The offseason starts Monday,” Earley said. “We’ll be ready to put a product on the field Anderson’s gonna be proud of next year.”

it sounds like either jim was wrong on coach earley changed his mind.[/quote]

Either that, or the contract for the new job has not been ironed out. That man jumps around enough to know how to pitch the woo.
Colbyc36
All-American

Postby cutiger1900 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:29 pm

[quote=“notabyrnesfan”]

it sounds like either jim was wrong on coach earley changed his mind.[/quote]

Very good friend of mine is pretty tight with Earley, I asked him about the Gaffney job. He said Earley is very excited about all the youth coming into his program at WHS over next few years. However with that said he did say anyting is possible, I think the biggest thing whether we all want to admit it or is the pay scale in Anderson 5 is tops in the state of SC. Even IF Gaffney offered same pay I Earley has to sell a house, move and all that stuff. That costs money and this is NOT D1 college coaching pay

Have NO dog in this fight and have to admit the Gaffney job would be hard to turn down BUT Earley really has it made in A5 right now with Administration and School Board . This I have personally heard him say MANY TIMES. He has said he has NEVER had the backing like he does at Westside, NEVER

Guess we will see, either way I am sure Gaffney will draw a LOT of applicants
cutiger1900
Freshman

Postby daCoacher » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:10 pm

Actually, Earley is living with an asst. Principal, has no home to sell, ex wife got that. He hates Anderson and would jump ship if he could. I am sure $120,000.00 and the power to hire and fire at will may make him think twice. He is no longer top dog in A5, just as the super planned. Heck if the Anderson Titans would evolve, he would be a position coach at best. Hanna has the stroke now.
Those that can do... those that can't coach.
daCoacher
JV

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A