Gaffney rumor

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Gaffney rumor

Postby STChamp 92 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:24 pm

If this crap is true, I think it's all a mistake... Earley got his jewels handed to him by Herron and Hanna last night... It would be a big mistake to let Lance Ware go to Northwestern instead of Gaffney.. Ware or Palmieri from Mallard Creek need to be at Gaffney if things do change.. I'm telling you guys!
STChamp 92
All-American

Postby 1CANNON » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:26 pm

[quote=“notabyrnesfan”]whether he is at gaffney a year or 20 years he will make the job more attractive for future hiring. his record for winning speaks for itself.

[quote=“Colbyc36”][quote=“notabyrnesfan”] so expect gaffney to slap byrnes in the mouth annually for the foreseeable future. the beatings will continue until morale improves...
[/quote]

It may continue for a few months, until Early packs up and moves on to the next rodeo.[/quote][/quote]

How would “He” make the job more attractive?
Gaffney was ranked in the top 10 in the preseason polls. Would you give that credit to Dan?

Stchamp92 I agree with you,, the best coach for Gaffney is across the state line. I think he has 5 ships
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
1CANNON
All-American

Postby tomahawk97 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:45 pm

Lance Ware from Shelby would come if our people call...he doesn't have to relocate because of where he lives in Shelby is only 20mins from Gaffney and he only makes 60k up there we would pay him 90k at the minimum with adding the ad title with it and he doesn't have to share talent with other schools....but there are 2 dark horse candidates for the job when it comes open to watch out for is Mark Barnes from Sumter High formally of Crest High School NC.. he has been wanting to get back in this area and has won everywhere he has been he won state titles at Crest and has made Sumter relevant in the lower state.... Greg Porter from Hillcrest has been wanting out for a while and has seen first hand the last few years what the Gaffney program has to offer and would embrace the opportunity to come here
tomahawk97
JV

Postby IndianOutlaw81 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt9oHTtPmts

has coached in the Pros and for Texas A & M
would be a great fit only in his mid 30s
IndianOutlaw81
Freshman

Postby notabyrnesfan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:03 pm

there is no search or race to run. earley will be gaffney high schools next head football coach.

mr. cannon he will make it more attractive by getting us this new huge weight room and finally getting ghs on block schedule as part of the “deal”.

[quote=“tomahawk97”]Lance Ware from Shelby would come if our people call...he doesn’t have to relocate because of where he lives in Shelby is only 20mins from Gaffney and he only makes 60k up there we would pay him 90k at the minimum with adding the ad title with it and he doesn’t have to share talent with other schools....but there are 2 dark horse candidates for the job when it comes open to watch out for is Mark Barnes from Sumter High formally of Crest High School NC.. he has been wanting to get back in this area and has won everywhere he has been he won state titles at Crest and has made Sumter relevant in the lower state.... Greg Porter from Hillcrest has been wanting out for a while and has seen first hand the last few years what the Gaffney program has to offer and would embrace the opportunity to come here[/quote]
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Postby Bud_Kilmer » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:13 pm

Lance may be a leading candidate and could do well. The fact that he has won 4 in a row in 2A isnt that hard at Shelby. His main job has been to not F it up and keep kids eligible at Shelby, they have been far more athletic than anybody the last few seasons. He would bring an offensive mind to Gaffney for sure. I look for a few under the radar guys to pop up once the word becomes official
Bud_Kilmer
Freshman

Postby region2 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:20 pm

[quote=“STChamp 92”]If this crap is true, I think it’s all a mistake... Earley got his jewels handed to him by Herron and Hanna last night... It would be a big mistake to let Lance Ware go to Northwestern instead of Gaffney.. Ware or Palmieri from Mallard Creek need to be at Gaffney if things do change.. I’m telling you guys![/quote]

Yea, he got it handed to him last night by Hanna. Just as everybody else has that they have played. Note to that is that earlier in the season Westside lost their best player. Their QB who was expected to carry that team offensively. So considering that, and the fact that he has turned Westside from everybody's homecoming game into a legitimate threat says an awful lot.

Now you don't have to believe it. But if it were not true, don't think that Baxter would have put it out there. He and Early are good friends and pretty sure he would never throw something like that out there without Earlys OK.
region2
All-American

Postby tigerific » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:24 pm

I don't think Gaffney wants Mark Barnes. He's been running the option at Sumter and I'm not sure Gaffney would want that.
tigerific
All-American

Postby cutiger1900 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:58 pm

VERY good source tells me Scott Earley is staying put at Westside. He has a lot of young talent coming up and is not going any where

Plus not sure the pay would be enough for him to leave, he is one of the top paid coaches in SC and is really under no pressure at Westside at all with Adminstration that is behind him 100%
cutiger1900
Freshman

Postby notabyrnesfan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:19 pm

do you really think he would want anyone to know while he is still under contract and in the playoffs still at westside? gaffney was only asked to match his pay in anderson. copy this post so you remember where you heard it first. scott earley will be the new head chief at gaffney high school next season, this is from the grand source of sources so be prepared to eat crow.

i had to laugh at your talent at westside comment, they may very well have but gaffney has talent now and is sitting on a goldmine of talent coming up and it is just too much for coach earley to pass up!

[quote=“cutiger1900”]VERY good source tells me Scott Earley is staying put at Westside. He has a lot of young talent coming up and is not going any where

Plus not sure the pay would be enough for him to leave, he is one of the top paid coaches in SC and is really under no pressure at Westside at all with Adminstration that is behind him 100%[/quote]
notabyrnesfan
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A