Gaffney rumor

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Gaffney rumor

Postby Chief Whoa » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:26 pm

I just heard the Shelby coach is headed to Northwestern. Hodge at Chapman is waiting on Miller to retire at Spartan High.
Chief Whoa
All-American

Postby DHSCavsFan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:07 pm

[quote=“Chief Whoa”]I just heard the Shelby coach is headed to Northwestern. Hodge at Chapman is waiting on Miller to retire at Spartan High.[/quote]

Hodge will end up at Dorman or Spartanburg, which ever opens first.
DHSCavsFan
Varsity

Postby notabyrnesfan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:48 am

its nice of you to finally show up posting again a week later after your rubbles got embarrassed by the worst coaching staff in the state. when earley gets to gaffney things will only get worse in the gaffney and byrnes rivalry, it is the perfect storm of talent and proper leadership. the cherokee county school board has gone out and got a legit coach that has won a state title and has what it takes to lead ghs on the national stage while byrnes settled for a mediocre coach from the midlands so expect gaffney to slap byrnes in the mouth annually for the foreseeable future. the beatings will continue until morale improves...

[quote=“thedoctor”][quote=“DHSCavsFan”][quote=“southerntide”]Jim Baxter of SCVarsity and now Carolina Preps is reporting that his sources tell him Dan Jones is out at the end of this season and Scott Early will replace him. JB and Coach Early are tight, so I would think this rumor has legs. JB says that if it comes true, Gaffney wins it all in 2018.[/quote]

I think that will be a terrible choice for coach at Gaffney, look at his track record, really no place for more than 2 or 3 years. Believe me, those schools were ready for him to leave. Plus I do not think Gaffney will pay 6 figures for a coach. If JB is reporting that with info from Scott with no source from Gaffney, all that means Early wants the job. There are plenty of coaches for Gaffney to choose from.[/quote]

I agree, I know most Gaffney fans would much rather have Donnie Littlejohn just be promoted to HC.[/quote]
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Postby Colbyc36 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:12 am

[quote=“notabyrnesfan”] so expect gaffney to slap byrnes in the mouth annually for the foreseeable future. the beatings will continue until morale improves...
[/quote]

It may continue for a few months, until Early packs up and moves on to the next rodeo.
Colbyc36
All-American

Postby DeCavelier » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:38 am

But still. You have to admit it's a good post. As an outsider looking in it would seem that if gaffney gets a new coach it might be a new Indian era. At least until as you say the wind blows for early. If I'm a gaffney fan it's not the baggage he might bring and create. It's his fidelity. Should be interesting.
“Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.”- Elvis Presley
DeCavelier
All-American

Postby TheBigGaffneyIndian » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:35 am

Everybody has Coach Jones leaving but it has not been announced and I just give Coach Jones the athletic director job also I don't think he will be leaving this year I think he's got a couple of more years before retirement I might be wrong but why would they give him the athletic directions job if he's going to retire this year
TheBigGaffneyIndian
Freshman

Postby cutiger1900 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:10 pm

He is engaged to a lady with deep Gaffney ties. They will have to “open the job” but I think this is a done deal![/quote]

Not too sure that is still correct anymore

What does the Gaffney job pay, can not see anyone taking a huge pay cut
cutiger1900
Freshman

Postby mikey » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:17 pm

[quote=“TheBigGaffneyIndian”]Everybody has Coach Jones leaving but it has not been announced and I just give Coach Jones the athletic director job also I don’t think he will be leaving this year I think he’s got a couple of more years before retirement I might be wrong but why would they give him the athletic directions job if he’s going to retire this year[/quote]hes been retired....working under the TERI program now...probably gave it to him to boost his income in his last year....my retirement plan was based on the last 5 five years of employment income....not sure how the TERI plan works....some plans may be your last year of employment...besides Huff prolly didn’t want it...he’s hunting deer this time of the and ain’t got time to fool with that noise....
" the only easy day, was yesterday "
mikey
All-American

Postby notabyrnesfan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:51 pm

whether he is at gaffney a year or 20 years he will make the job more attractive for future hiring. his record for winning speaks for itself.

[quote=“Colbyc36”][quote=“notabyrnesfan”] so expect gaffney to slap byrnes in the mouth annually for the foreseeable future. the beatings will continue until morale improves...
[/quote]

It may continue for a few months, until Early packs up and moves on to the next rodeo.[/quote]
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Postby notabyrnesfan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:02 pm

the teri program no longer exists after the 2017 year is over. trust me and you can quote me coach jones is gone after this season even if gaffney were to win the state championship, bgi. the team is playing well right now and they may send coach jones and donnie ray out on top but it is happening as of this moment unless one side changes their mind last minute, gaffney has been asked to match what he makes at westside and given the promise of state titles and new facilities are on the way it is too much to pass up.

[quote=“mikey”][quote=“TheBigGaffneyIndian”]Everybody has Coach Jones leaving but it has not been announced and I just give Coach Jones the athletic director job also I don’t think he will be leaving this year I think he’s got a couple of more years before retirement I might be wrong but why would they give him the athletic directions job if he’s going to retire this year[/quote]hes been retired....working under the TERI program now...probably gave it to him to boost his income in his last year....my retirement plan was based on the last 5 five years of employment income....not sure how the TERI plan works....some plans may be your last year of employment...besides Huff prolly didn’t want it...he’s hunting deer this time of the and ain’t got time to fool with that noise....[/quote]
notabyrnesfan
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A